Caesar the Geezer

Comments

• Scott HatleyScott Hatley Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Good to have him back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Are we listening to Caesar at the mo?? He is actually on SFM at the mo. WWW.SFMFORSWALE.COM
  • etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member
    This is insane. They are an RSL station looking for a permanent licence and they are prepared to allow the biggest liability in radio since Lord Haw Haw on their station. I guess they can't want the permanent licence that much.

I know I shouldn't have clicked on the link. I wouldn't want them to think that Caeser is popular, but I just couldn't believe it until I had seen it.
    Forum Member
    I'm not being funny mate, but i joined here when i realised he was coming back on air. There are alot of fans out there, and I personally think the station has done well to be able to get him there. And I think that quite a few people agree. ;)
  • etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member
    Anthony882 wrote:
    There are alot of fans out there,

Nobody is disputing their existance, only their sanity.
    Anthony882 wrote:
    and I personally think the station has done well to be able to get him there.

Well, maybe. He is well known in Kent and it will certainly get SFM some publicity to have a name people have heard of. Whether it is good publicity is open to question. I doubt his presence will count in SFM's favour when it comes to considering them for a permanent licence.

Local radio often has to choose between rising and unproven new talent and rejects and hasbeens from the national media. In my view, it is better to avoid the later.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I see what your saying, I just think that it's real good for the fans, and the people of kent to be able to listen again. Perhapse we shall see in the future!! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised they allowed him back; he may draw in a few listeners from the 2 or 3 people that read the SFM marketing (if there was any), he may even get a few people from folk who read forums such as this, but I would strongly recommend SFM don't try and use him as a marketing tool when (or, more importantly, if) a licence becomes available for Swale.

And, before anyone flames me, Mr Ryder has done the whole career ladder, from pirate to regional, national to London, and back down to smalltime RSL............OFCOM won't appreciate any application that has his name attached to it in any way...................just my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Well I thought he was great tonight! (Sorry to all you non ceaser lovers) Lets face it, he was one of the best DJs in his time at Capital and Invicta etc, and what ever you might think of him as a person, I don't think anyone could question his skills as a late night radio dj? What are the alternatives nowadays, Late night love with the boring Graham Torrington?! No competition i'm affraid.
    Forum Member
    RadioDaz wrote:
    Well I thought he was great tonight! (Sorry to all you non ceaser lovers) Lets face it, he was one of the best DJs in his time at Capital and Invicta etc. What are the alternatives nowadays, Late night love with the boring Graham Torrington?! No competition i'm affraid.

Ha Ha!! Well said radioDaz, completly agree with you on that one!!
  • Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought he was great tonight! (Sorry to all you non ceaser lovers) Lets face it, he was one of the best DJs in his time at Capital and Invicta etc. What are the alternatives nowadays, Late night love with the boring Graham Torrington?! No competition i'm affraid.
    Anthony882 wrote:
    Ha Ha!! Well said radioDaz, completly agree with you on that one!!

Very entertianing, can't wait for nexts weeks show.
    Forum Member
    Very entertianing, can't wait for nexts weeks show.

To be honest, it had me in fits of laughter!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    radio nut wrote:
    i have 3 shows,talk radio tribute to k-everett
    his first on talk
    capital gold phone-in and music
    that's great, thanks. Would you be able to reply to me and we can discuss it some more - is that ok?

Thanks for getting in touch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Anthony882 wrote:
    I'm not being funny mate, but i joined here when i realised he was coming back on air. There are alot of fans out there, and I personally think the station has done well to be able to get him there. And I think that quite a few people agree. ;)
    Yes, I definately agree.

Caesar the Geezer is one of radio's best radio personalities. I love his honest, no bullsh*t approach. He says what he thinks and always allows others to have their opinion.

I listened to his show on SFM on Sunday, he was as great as ever!!!. Needs more callers though!! - to listen live the website i believe is, www.sfmforswale.com.
  • Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anthony882 wrote:
    To be honest, it had me in fits of laughter!!

Yes, I never get tired of his dirty sense of humor.
  • TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened to him tonight and despite absolutely loving his Talk Radio show, I didn't enjoy it at all.

His show seemed rather dull but he had the cheek to diss Iain Lee who I think is his natural replacement and is much more enjoyable.

Oh dear, I'll stick with my nostalgic memories of Caesar.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too was a massive fan during his TRUK days. His voice seems to have changed a bit. In the same way that Michael Barrymore's voice has changed. Is he hammered?

A weekly show but it certainly shows that he hasn't prepared very much. Very disappointing.
  • Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can sfmforswale be picked up on sky or on the net?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caesar the Geezer was a genius on Talk Radio UK and I hate to hear that he wasn't such a nice bloke after all. I think he should get out of the media because he seems to have upset many people on his radio journey and I think he is going to be a liability to anyone who hires him. He is obviously a very complicated person who seems to go off the rails for no reason. I am always in favour of giving people a second chance but he seems to have had more than that.
  • gheorgiegheorgie Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Anthony882 wrote:
    It's probably because of his record that no decent station would employ him. Trying talking to all the old girls he conned into handing their money over or the time he died from cancer. He's a liability these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gheorgie wrote:
    It's probably because of his record that no decent station would employ him. Trying talking to all the old girls he conned into handing their money over or the time he died from cancer. He's a liability these days.

Can someone explain exactly what he is guilty of? People keep hinting that he had some trouble with a charity.

Also if got someone to fake a suicide attempt wouldn't he be in trouble with the police?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Gaz.Baz wrote:
    can sfmforswale be picked up on sky or on the net?

Sfmforswale can be picked up on the net, but they are only an RSL station and only broadcast 1 rsl a year usually in the summer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy1120 wrote:
    Can someone explain exactly what he is guilty of? People keep hinting that he had some trouble with a charity.

Also if got someone to fake a suicide attempt wouldn't he be in trouble with the police?
    In short screwed a charity and as a result was sent to one of her Majs holiday camps for a spell.......................can now be found here http://www.fatsamsuk.com/saturdays.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I recall him being on GWR in Bristol around mid 90's. He does have a bit of a bad rep that follows him around. Eventually he gets sacked from everywhere he works.

Just as well really, because he uses the same material over and over again by the sound of it. I can remember him doing all of that stuff that has been mentioned on GWR.

The main thing I remember about him was that he had funny jingles.

Get an Aerial
    Screw it to your head
    Get a little radio implanted
    Then you'll never have to worry that you missed what Ceasar said

Etc....

I also recall him going on and on about having a CD Writer way before you they were standard equipment and he claimed to have paid thousands of puonds for the thing, which if he had one would have been true at the time.

He certainly liked the sound of his own voice and one night he just dissappeared off air never to be mentioned again..... same old story!
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In short screwed a charity and as a result was sent to one of her Majs holiday camps for a spell.......................can now be found here http://www.fatsamsuk.com/saturdays.htm

I thought he was jailed from not informing that he had been declared bankrupt on a loan form?
  • gheorgiegheorgie Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    There may also have been an incident when a planned riding school for the disabled caught fire