EE: Why does Roxy always want someone else's fella?!

Comments

• LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Roxy is a dreadful, appalling human being who seems to get away with it because she's as thick as two short planks, devoid of any complexity and acts like a spoiled fifteen year old trapped in the body of a woman pushing forty.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roxy only has a SEX life, no career or anything with her.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roxy has been on the show for nearly eight years but has never really been developed as a character but it's unlikely she will be axed as she is a Mitchell.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not just pair up Roxy and Max? They can take their lust out on each other and perhaps it'll work in some weird way. Rather they saw each other than getting with every other piece of tail on the Square.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the most amusing thing is, they always end up rejecting Roxy or taking advantage of her naivety. She always ends up second best. Alfie, Michael, Jack, David, Max...

Only Sean genuinely loved Roxy, but you always felt he would leave Roxy if Tanya ever came calling as he was obsessed with her.
    Aleks claims to love her, but I don't think he does if you look at the things he got up to with his wife before he was found out.

It wouldn't surprise me if Charlie ends up rejecting Roxy too and realises he wants to be with Ronnie after all.

All in all, Roxy's love life has been a bit of a catastrophe.
  • Allons-y AmyAllons-y Amy Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    i really hate this roxy/charlie storyline, how many times can roxy betray ronnie? like come on
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    And the most amusing thing is, they always end up rejecting Roxy or taking advantage of her naivety. She always ends up second best. Alfie, Michael, Jack, David, Max...

Only Sean genuinely loved Roxy, but you always felt he would leave Roxy if Tanya ever came calling as he was obsessed with her.
    Aleks claims to love her, but I don't think he does if you look at the things he got up to with his wife before he was found out.

It wouldn't surprise me if Charlie ends up rejecting Roxy too and realises he wants to be with Ronnie after all.

All in all, Roxy's love life has been a bit of a catastrophe.

It does seem a bit sad for her.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    The writing for Rita has always been poor- Roxy has been on the show for eight years in July and her stories have always revolved around one thing- MEN.
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Roxy has always been written badly unfortunately.

She's written for perfectly as she is written as a one dimensional air head, vain and only interested in superficial things. I'm assuming she gets some kind of gratification from stealing partners but they never treat her well and without fail she ends up on her own.

Going after her sister's partners is very low but once again this pursuit is essentially Roxy as she is jealous of Ronnie and quite desperate to get the prize.

She's basically a grown up as in an adult spoiled brat and they write her like that perfectly.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not just pair up Roxy and Max? They can take their lust out on each other and perhaps it'll work in some weird way. Rather they saw each other than getting with every other piece of tail on the Square.

Don't come a'knockin if you see this portakabin rockin.

The bloody car lot would go bust.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roxy shouldn't cop all the flak. The men involved are equally as responsible.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem a bit sad for her.

Yes, it does. Tonight's episode only confirmed my assessment of Roxy's love life. She said it herself in the episode's concluding scene with Charlie - she's never been any man's first choice. Even Sean's. Always second best.

I thought it was interesting that Charlie came out and said Roxy was his first choice. Because how long before the novelty of the romance wears off and he changes his mind in favour of Ronnie? Come on, let's face it, that's exactly what will happen at some point :D.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Roxy shouldn't cop all the flak. The men involved are equally as responsible.

Of course but we are talking about Roxy's propensity to go for men who are with someone. Max and Kat have reputations for sleeping around and get called out for it but Roxy seems continually drawn to men with partners and she has done this twice now with her own sister's partners :o You can't ignore it.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roxy is just going around in circles!
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to give her a guy who hasn't be dating someone else, so a fresh character, she always has to settle for either sloppy seconds or goes trying to steal someone else guy.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Yes, it does. Tonight's episode only confirmed my assessment of Roxy's love life. She said it herself in the episode's concluding scene with Charlie - she's never been any man's first choice. Even Sean's. Always second best.

I thought it was interesting that Charlie came out and said Roxy was his first choice. Because how long before the novelty of the romance wears off and he changes his mind in favour of Ronnie? Come on, let's face it, that's exactly what will happen at some point :D.

Probably sooner rather than later. Few home truths from Grandma and he will be back beside Ronnie.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is emotionally immature
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our Roxanne is a tart with a heart....I'll have nobody say a bad word against her:(
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sleeping with your dying sister's husband is not what I would call tart with a heart. Tart yes but heart?
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lilirose wrote: »
    Sleeping with your dying sister's husband is not what I would call tart with a heart. Tart yes but heart?
    Roxy genuinely doesn't want to hurt Ronnie. She ordered Charlie to stay with Ronnie. She never wanted to break up Charlie and Ronnie even though she has feelings for Charlie.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALowsley wrote: »
    Roxy genuinely doesn't want to hurt Ronnie. She ordered Charlie to stay with Ronnie. She never wanted to break up Charlie and Ronnie even though she has feelings for Charlie.

you say that as if that makes a difference. SHe shouldn't even think about Charlie that way if she really cared about Ronnie.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALowsley wrote: »

You know what would've been the easiest way not to break up Charlie & Ronnie? Not sleeping with him in the first place and then doing the whole 'we can't be together but let me spend all my time with you' thing she did.

Going after a married man once? Not good, but ok, things happen I guess. Repeatedly only going after married men, and frequently men married to your sister? Kinda hard to give the benefit of the doubt.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is low for Roxy to go for Ronnie's partner's. However, in the case of Kat and Alife, they were already split after Kat had done the dirty on Alfie. I do not think she did anything wrong, where Alfie was concerned.
  • Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's a bit of a trollop
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Our Roxanne is a tart with a heart....I'll have nobody say a bad word against her:(

She reminds me of Fiona from Shrek ^_^
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's weird because although I'm hating Charlie's evolution into this horrible and selfish person (telling Roxy to stay away), I don't feel any sympathy for Roxy because she was part of the affair as well. Takes two to tango.