Comments

• Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBambi wrote: »

Well we know Kat & Alfie have 2 surprises coming up most have guessed them winning the lottery and both leaving for good so DTC could may well be Hinting at characters like them he is refering to.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    He's pushing out the current cast so he can replace them with "big name" actors?

What sort of f**kery is this?

Why can't he just develop the characters we have instead of booting them out in favour of introducing people we're more likely to recognise?
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope I'm wrong but sadly I think we'll be saying goodbye to Lindsey Coulson.

Declan Bennett will probably be another when Ronnie's finished with him.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he doesn't axe any of the underused or mid/lower rung characters :(

Fingers crossed it's not any of my faves. He cleared out all of Newman's character introductions. There are only two Kirkwood era characters (though there's speculation about Cora). Just hope he doesn't get rid of Carol, she is so underrated and would love to see her interact with Kathy.

Maybe it's a way of saying at least Dean and Charlie may be exiting given how their storylines are likely to be headed.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KBambi wrote: »

The younger cast I think - Jay, Lola, Whitney plus I think Charlie & Les too. Kat & Alfie are leaving so there is no need for Mo in my opinion.

None of the Carter's will be going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he doesn't axe any of the underused or mid/lower rung characters :(

Fingers crossed it's not any of my faves. He cleared out all of Newman's character introductions. There are only two Kirkwood era characters (though there's speculation about Cora). Just hope he doesn't get rid of Carol, she is so underrated and would love to see her interact with Kathy.

Maybe it's a way of saying at least Dean and Charlie may be exiting given how their storylines are likely to be headed.

Ann Mitchell is well known and Cora is returning.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Really hope I'm wrong but sadly I think we'll be saying goodbye to Lindsey Coulson.

Declan Bennett will probably be another when Ronnie's finished with him.

Really hope not. She's such a fantastic actress. I wouldn't blame her though as she is underused.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    He's pushing out the current cast so he can replace them with "big name" actors?

Why can't he just develop the characters we have instead of booting them out in favour of introducing people we're more likely to recognise?

I second this.

I don't care about big names. I'd rather have more characters who are developed and used fairly and not overshadowed and made second rank to big actors who will stay for a year then leave and get all the screentime within that period.
    Honestly, Dtc is destroying ee himself now. Soaps are supposed to have a wide variety of characters and if he does this they will have a cast of 10
    And that would be very boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I second this.

I don't care about big names. I'd rather have more characters who are developed and used fairly and not overshadowed and made second rank to big actors who will stay for a year then leave and get all the screentime within that period.
    Honestly, Dtc is destroying ee himself now. Soaps are supposed to have a wide variety of characters and if he does this they will have a cast of 10
    And that would be very boring.

I get that he's trying to bring in a larger audience, but I want to enjoy EastEnders and it seems he's paying little attention to detail in regards to storylines! He needs to leave, fast!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously Gavin is going to be played by a well known Actor plus he will be bringing in Claudette' s Family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Obviously Gavin is going to be played by a well known Actor plus he will be bringing in Claudette' s Family.

Not exactly Claudette's family, just a load of wrong-uns who call her mum because nobody else wanted them.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    wtf is this? He isn't about to start axing characters just so he can bring in the likes of DVO for 5 mins. And does Richard Blackwood count as a "big name" he said himself it's a strong cast so why the heck would you start pushing out characters instead of developing what he already has.

Anyway I think

Kat and Alfie
    Dean
    Charlie :( only because they way they are writing him just now
    Possibly the likes of Whitney/Lola/Carol/Liam
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see Fatboy and Charlie going if this story is true
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »

Well said, Firegazer. Sadly genuine character development is a thing of the past on EE these days. It's all about big name actors/celebs to draw viewers in such as Danny Dyer, Denise Van Outen, Richard Blackwood, Timothy West etc. But he hasn't learned that people aren't going to tune in to simply see a famous face and some run-of-the-mill storyline to go with it. The show's ratings are hardly earth shattering despite the recent influx of big names.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jo Joyner may return when Ann Mitchell returns in the Summer.
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lola, Dean, Babe, Charlie, Fatboy and maybe Jay. I think we will see the quieter characters go first. Dean and Babe I can't see staying, purely because of the way their characters gave gone, and same with Charlie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tamwar, Mo & FatBoy and even Roxy should be added to the exit list too.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    That statement fills me with gloom, especially this line

''Both Denise and Bonnie could be here to stay. Watch this space.”

Referring to DVO and Bonnie Langford.

What is he thinking.>:(
  • Options
    JeanetteBJeanetteB Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »

It's a bit early to judge Bonnie Langford in EastEnders as we haven't seen her yet ;) But I hope he doesn't axe actors in favour of celeb actors.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Lola and Whitney are likely to go. They've hardly been seen if seen at all. I think Charlie will go too. It's a shame Lola's been underused and it'll be a shame if she's axed. I would like to see Fatboy, Alfie and Sharon leave and maybe Lee. I think newer viewers will be attracted by big names while older long term viewers are nostalgic. I think DTC wants newer viewers who will tune in for big names.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    JeanetteB wrote: »
    It's a bit early to judge Bonnie Langford in EastEnders as we haven't seen her yet ;)But I hope he doesn't axe actors in favour of celeb actors.

I've seen enough of her and DVO to know that I don't want to lose a load of regulars to pay them the high wages they demand. DVO made absolutely no impact on the show, and I'm not expecting to be impressed by BL. sorry :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

He's kissing arse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Lola and Whitney are likely to go. They've hardly been seen if seen at all. I think Charlie will go too. It's a shame Lola's been underused and it'll be a shame if she's axed. I would like to see Fatboy, Alfie and Sharon leave and maybe Lee. I think newer viewers will be attracted by big names while older long term viewers are nostalgic. I think DTC wants newer viewers who will tune in for big names.

Letitia Dean is going nowhere - Kathy is returning and Sharon could be meeting her Father. The iconic characters like Sharon are safe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seekn enough of her and DVO to know that I don't want to lose a load of regulars to pay them the high wages they demand. DVO made absolutely no impact on the show, and I'm not expecting to be impressed by BL. sorry :)

I agree. I wonder if Elaine is joining as a regular?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of me wants to continue giving DTC a chance, as he can deliver.

However, part of me stands by what I said a few weeks ago, he needs to go.

He has absolutely no idea what to do with half of the cast. He'll throw issue based storylines at whatever character he feels like and then they'll descend into the background for weeks, whilst he introduced another poorly developed newbie, who doesn't really add anything to the show. Les, Pam, Donna, etc... Have pretty much done nothing since they arrived on the Square. I like Donna, but what makes these characters superior to Alice, Joey, Kirsty & AJ? Why should we look at these characters and think they're superior to the Kirkwood/Newman deadwood? IMO, they're just as bad and don't being anything to EastEnders, other than a few lines on the market (Maybe they'd work as recurring characters?). I'm sick and tired of all these new faces, who do nothing!

Big names don't interest me at all. I couldn't care less if DVO or Bonnie Langford were on the show. Who does care? Please tells who cares!:confused:.

Kat & Alfie will be a huge loss to the show. They are iconic and legends, wether you like them or not. So, I hope they do return after their break. I don't think Lindsey Coulson will leave. Idc if characters like Lola, Charlie, etc... Leave however. They add nothing to the show these days IMO.