what is the worst film ever

Comments

• jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    Agreed. I have watched it once and that was one time too many. I`m a woman and it makes me despair that women like rubbish like this.

I know, it amazes me! I saw it in my teens because my mate loved Patrick Swayze. She made me watch it again in the cinema as her birthday treat, then got peeved off with me as I couldn't stop the cringing and laughing. I tried watching again when older as I wondered if it was just teen me, but adult me hates it too and reacted the same way!!! I never attempted to watch it again after that and to me it has one of the worst lines ever with - no one keeps baby in a corner - huge cringe!!!:D

I also remember at work, two girls had an office and DD stuff was all over the walls. I asked them if it was a dare or something, to show such rubbish on their walls and was maybe a little critical of the film! They pretty much told me how wonderful it was before they told me to go away. :o:D
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Please delete yourself from existence

Blimey - over a film! Do you suggest full scale planet annihilation if someone really pi**es you off???:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I thought nothing could top Alone In The Dark, but then I watched Daylight Fades.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    eggshell wrote: »
    For sheer waste has to be the Avengers film with Thurman and Fienes. How somebody could take the characters of Steed and Mrs Peel and make this nonsense was beyond me.
    I remember that I couldn't wait for this to be released but then read that there was going to be no critics preview showing, which is always a bad sign. You sense the directors and writers had more fun making the film than the audience did watching it.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norbit - infact most Eddie Murphy films.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    For sheer waste has to be the Avengers film with Thurman and Fienes. How somebody could take the characters of Steed and Mrs Peel and make this nonsense was beyond me.

Good call.

It was a dreadful film.

I still can't believe that Sir Sean Connery agreed to star in it.:eek:
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    OGB wrote: »
    Transformers
    Rush Hour 3
    The one with Vin Diesel where he plays the blind guy on the planet with aliens or something

Or

The one with Vin Diesel where he plays the guy who (fill in the blank)

Finally someone who shares my opinion of Transformers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    In recent times, Case 39 was beyond a joke. Twilight too, obviously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The Devil's Chair..watched about 10 minutes then turned it off Zzzzzzzz ;yawn:
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    I won't say it's the worst ever, but the most recent howler I can recall was Open Water. "Blair Witch meets Jaws", it said.

Two scuba divers get left behind at sea and have to swim around for a number of days until they drown or are eaten by sharks.

I could tell what lay in store by the movie's opening of the tragic couple's home as they packed and set off to their fate. The sequence appeared to have been shot with a hand held camcorder from the early 1980s.

90% of the movie is just them bobbing about in the water, comforting one another, arguing, becoming delirious, and apportioning blame. So the movie really does 'tread water', as it were.

By the end I was glad the shark came along to put them, and me, out of our misery.

Christ your harsh! This films based on true events,i watched it and was horrified,how you were thankful the shark came along is anyones guess.:'(
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    Agreed. I have watched it once and that was one time too many. I`m a woman and it makes me despair that women like rubbish like this.

I was the only girl when I was younger that thought this film was shite,i was made to feel a bit strange for hating it,though I put it down to me having taste.:-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Freddy Got Fingered:mad:
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Highlander: The Source is supposedly the worst of all time and I would tend to agree with that it was :D
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got to be Angus , Thongs and Perfect Snoging.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Yep, all those films are worse than any Turkish attempt at remaking hit Hollywood blockbusters.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pet Shop Boys made a film & it was truly dreadful.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norbit was truly awful. Had to leave the room and do the wasing up to get away from it!
    The ugly truth with Katherine Heigl was another awful film. Its meant to be a comedy....its SH*T!!!!
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzyferry wrote: »
    In recent times, Case 39 was beyond a joke.

That was appalling.

I watched it because I was impressed with Jodelle Ferland's performance in Tideland. After seeing this I think we can award all the points to Terry Gilliam for that one.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    The Pet Shop Boys made a film & it was truly dreadful.

As did the Appleton sisters from All Saints, think it was called Honest - that was awful as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The Devil's Chair.. i just watched about 10 mins of it, and switched it off..I have binned it since lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Teeth
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bratz Movie
    Lol (It has Miley Cyrus in it, need I say more?)
    V/H/S
    It's Kind of a funny story

I don't think The Notebook is worth the hype but it's not the greatest movie of all time
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzyferry wrote: »
    In recent times, Case 39 was beyond a joke. Twilight too, obviously.

Case 39
    got to the point where they put her in the oven

did not watch beyond that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    transformers

natch that

anything with shia lebutt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    ribtickle wrote: »
    I won't say it's the worst ever, but the most recent howler I can recall was Open Water. .

Not even bonus points for amusingly stupid rich people? I turned off after they'd been stuck in the water for five minutes, but at least I was laughing. :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Yep, all those films are worse than any Turkish attempt at remaking hit Hollywood blockbusters.

It depends what you mean by worst movie, I suppose, if you mean something released by one of Disney, Warner Bros, Sony, Fox, Universal or Paramount, that's one thing, but as you say, anything made competently by one of those is not the worst movie ever.

I mean Manos Hands of Fate is unwatchable- a lot of it is tracking shots of countryside from out a car window with nothing happening at all, having the effect of being so boring you'd require the patience of a saint not to turn it off. You can't compare a mainstream movie to it.

And, I've not seen it, but I can believe the one they call Ax Em/The Weekend It Lives is worse.