River Song naked - why we didn't see it

Comments

• outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    It's a shame there are no deleted scenes on the box set (unless I've missed them somewhere?), particularly when the "classic series" DVDs are jam-packed with extras.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I don't want to see her bits. As much as I like her, no please. Just feels a bit cheap.

In the context of a story perhaps but not just for titillation. There's enough of that in the media as it is.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone is that desperate to see River Song naked, they should dig out a copy of Moll Flanders..........;):D
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no great desire to see River Song naked for obvious reasons, but I am a bit intrigued as to what the scene would have been about, and why it was cut. :)

(I am assuming it would have been a comedy scene, which imo have been excellent this series.)
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I have no great desire to see River Song naked for obvious reasons, but I am a bit intrigued as to what the scene would have been about, and why it was cut. :)

(I am assuming it would have been a comedy scene, which imo have been excellent this series.)

The link in the OP gives some background - it was another scene of River acting like she owns the place (Stormcage). :)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    The link in the OP gives some background - it was another scene of River acting like she owns the place (Stormcage). :)

Thanks. Now I know. :)

(I hadn't clicked on the link because I thought it would just be the series 6 trailer. :o))
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not too fussed really. I mean, she's been in the buff a fair few times on screen anyway. Just google it. ;)

EDIT:

Oh god, I'm 24, and mananged to make myself sound like a dirty old man :o
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Not too fussed really. I mean, she's been in the buff a fair few times on screen anyway. Just google it. ;)

EDIT:

Oh god, I'm 24, and mananged to make myself sound like a dirty old man :o

Yo dude - word!

(Oh god - I'm a dirty old man and I managed to make myself sound 24)
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why we didn't see River Song naked ......

...... because it would not have been appropriate for a family show, and even a rear bare-back shot from the waist up would have sent some into convulsions, and the Daily Mail brigade would have had a field day.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can guess that this scene is not on the DVD because the BBC don't want it there. As for other deleted scenes, the way they make the show these days they try and trim as much of the fat as possible before it goes before the cameras.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd wondered about that! I kept waiting for that scene to turn up.

Funny how it was okay to have the Doctor naked but for a towel in the last series. :rolleyes: Because male nudity is fun, whereas female nudity will instantly turn men into rapists and totally pervert children.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Funny how it was okay to have the Doctor naked but for a towel in the last series. :rolleyes: Because male nudity is fun, whereas female nudity will instantly turn men into rapists and totally pervert children.
    So a man with no shirt on is male nudity? I bet there will be a few gardeners and builder who will be arrested for public decency offences next summer then.

Now I wonder why we don't see topless female gardeners & builders?
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    He said it was 'too naughty' - but that's not necessarily because of the nudity.

Besides, never mind Matt in the towel in the Lodger - he stripped off in his first episode while his mother-in-law ogled him! And don't even mention Captain Jack in Bad Wolf...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

...... because it would not have been appropriate for a family show, and even a rear bare-back shot from the waist up would have sent some into convulsions, and the Daily Mail brigade would have had a field day.

Frankly, if you're not upsetting the Daily Mail you're not doing your job properly.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    So a man with no shirt on is male nudity? I bet there will be a few gardeners and builder who will be arrested for public decency offences next summer then.

Now I wonder why we don't see topless female gardeners & builders?

because there is no god......................

nice to see there is 1500 dirty minded ds members :D
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

Yeah, DW is a PG show, not "True Blood".

Amy was briefly naked (no naughty bits visible)in a DW
    comic strip story-good job Dr. Wertham isn't around anymore... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said it was 'too naughty' - but that's not necessarily because of the nudity.

Besides, never mind Matt in the towel in the Lodger - he stripped off in his first episode while his mother-in-law ogled him! And don't even mention Captain Jack in Bad Wolf...

Yes, we never did find out where he'd been hiding that gun... :o