Options

XF: Back To Basics 2 - Live Show 7 (Quarter-Final)

Comments

• Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth

Ruth I am sorry to say this but for me this is a blatant rule breaker. This song is clearly not a guilty pleasure of Ruth. This is exactly the type of song you would expect Ruth to listen to and not feel guilty. I think your mentor has made a huge mistake tonight and landed you in a lotta trouble tonight. Vocally I wasn’t overly impressed either tonight Ruth.
  • Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Mk1, Song choice was predictable as you have done a Beyoncé & Shakira song- Beautiful liar before. But I have to commend whoever was responsible for that choreography as I thought it was to an exceptional standard and I could tell you were breathless after that performance so good luck and them single ladies better vote for you tonight! ;)
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo
    Ruth, that was amazing! I was dancing along to as much of that as I could without physically getting up on stage with you. I’m glad I chose this for you guilty pleasure as it shows a more fun side to you that we don’t often see and oh my God it’s a Beyoncé song! And you sang it brilliantly. I hope I can take you to the Semis next week, because you really deserve to be there! And Stephen, you and I clearly have different concepts of guilty pleasures then, since I believe a guilty pleasure in music is a song that you love but it is not general in your genre or style, which this is neither regarding Ruth's Rock and Latin backgrounds. Oh, and at least my song was actually entertaining rather than the farce that was Aiden's song choice Pingu.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's not good comments and a rule-breaker claim as well from one of the judges, how will that play out with the votes?

So we have come to the end of Guilty Pleasures, now it's time to move on to Number 1's, we go back to the last surviving girl who has an earth (-related) song for you all, it's TreyC Cohen!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O1YA40TvBc
    Note: Imagine it sped up a little
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    TreyC Cohen

TreyC your second song definitely redeemed you. You put your all into the performance and the vocals were just phenomonal. I know you really want to be here and I aam now starting to really like you as a performer. I hope you are safe because I think your amazing TreyC Cohen. I don`t know if your safe because of how hard the competition is, but good luck!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treyc Cohen
    Treyc, you really brought it back with the vocals in this song. It was emotional and powerful, and it really sounded like you were connecting with the lyrics. I really believed that that was very personal to you and it sounded like you believed it too. I hope that this is enough for you to get to the Semis, great job and good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treyc

Treyc, still not amazing but much better than your previous performance. My only gripe with this song is that no one and I say no one should cover Michael Jackson as they will never do his songs justice. I needed more power during the ahhhhhhh and ohhhhhhh sections to lift the performance. I think you gave it your best given the song but were a little intimidated by the fact it was Michaels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Ruth Lorenzo
    Ruth, that was amazing! I was dancing along to as much of that as I could without physically getting up on stage with you. I’m glad I chose this for you guilty pleasure as it shows a more fun side to you that we don’t often see and oh my God it’s a Beyoncé song! And you sang it brilliantly. I hope I can take you to the Semis next week, because you really deserve to be there! And Stephen, you and I clearly have different concepts of guilty pleasures then, since I believe a guilty pleasure in music is a song that you love but it is not general in your genre or style, which this is neither regarding Ruth's Rock and Latin backgrounds. Oh, and at least my song was actually entertaining rather than the farce that was Aiden's song choice Pingu.

At least mine suited aiden!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    At least mine suited aiden!!

If you read the end of my comment for Aiden then you'll see what I think of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you read the end of my comment then you'll see what I think of it

I guess theres no pleasing some people!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least I've taken a risk tonight, unlike some.. *looks at Bboy* :p:p

We started out with some uptempos and now we are moving into these ballads, and Treyc, don't you just do them fantastically?! I could feel you letting go the second half after the key change and I just knew you meant every word of those inspiring lyrics. It's not common for a girl like you to come out and sing an MJ song so we took a risk and I don't think it could have paid off better. I hope the public keeps voting because you definitely deserve it in my opinion. You silenced the building tonight and I'm soooo proud of you Treyc!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least I've taken a risk tonight, unlike some.. *looks at Bboy* :p:p

Thanks for that kuda!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, I hope this is kept low and calm guys, I'd hate to see what I saw on The Voice Factor. :o

Much, much better comments for TreyC, the audience were loving that as well, has she saved herself?

Back to the groups and they're on a battlefield (no war I hope), it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suPlYwJ3YvM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix
    Girls that was beautiful! I loved the emotion in the song, and while it isn’t as powerful as some of the other songs which have been chosen for this theme, I still think it was a good performance. I’m sure that Jordin would have been proud of this and you guys should be proud of it too. I hope that you get the votes tonight as I really want to see what you can come up with next week. Good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix

Wow, girls what can I say. You are just fantastic and are an absolute pleasure to mentor. You all vocally impress me each week and have grown so far since the beginning of this show. The styling of this song allowed you girls to really open up tonight and show off the power in your voices and then the harmonies. I cant really think of a word to describe how amazing they are. I just hope you girls get the votes as you are incredible and deserve to be in the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Girls, that was an amzing performance. I could feel everything you said and you put every little bit of you into that performance and the vocals were just incredible. The only thing bad I have to say about that performance is that the song is used far to much in talent shows and its a bit predictable, especially from a girlband. I think you should fly throught to next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the digs are flying between the judges tonight.........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was miles better than what we saw earlier. The song choice allowed you to explores your limits range wise which I thought was what we needed at this point, but it did get a little shouty for you guys towards the end. And I also think that as we draw closer to the prize, harmonies become crucial in your performances as a group and I did not hear enough if not none of those tonight. Overall I honestly liked that and good luck to you tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the digs are flying between the judges tonight.........

They certainly are, about time. We've all been too nice recently ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They certainly are, about time. We've all been too nice recently ;)

That`s what I think. I like arguments!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the gloves are off tonight...but at least it's all calm...unlike some games I've seen in the past.

So great comments for the girls once again, have they done enough to make the Semi-Final?

The boys once more and he's got the power of love with him, it's Aiden Grimshaw!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytxJyq1bO8k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden

Aiden, I could have guessed this song choice coming a mile off, especially after James Arthur covering it on the main show. This is the style of song I have been wanting Aiden to sing for a while now, something with the intense feeling to it, but I feel as though I cannot applaud or praise it as it is so obvious tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aiden Grimshaw

Aiden, I`m wiping tears from my eyes because of how emotional and heartfelt that performance was. The vocals were devine and it had the eery side to it also. I really cannot express how amazing this boy is. Please vote for him when the lines open because he deserves to be in the semi final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden Grimshaw: Please note I wrote this before the arguments so it's not as a result of that ;)

Aiden, you really pulled it back with that performance. It was a beautiful song choice and you put a lot of emotion into it which your last few songs have been missing. However, I still don’t think that your vocals were quite up to scratch for what we all know that you are capable of. I think you should have stuck with the original, rather than a cover as the original better portrays your singing abilities. Good luck tonight, I’m quite worried for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the song choice was good and now I sorta get the direction your mentor is starting to take you. You started out really..unstable hence I crucified you on your Club Classics performance 'cause I just couldn't get it but I think you are growing on me and you've truly been a dark horse in this competition to get to this point with some of the performances you've given. You are yet to completely convince me that I might be looking at the winner right now, but I feel like, though it has taken longer than expected, you're now on the right track so Congratulations