The Tunnel

167891012»

Comments

• FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm kind of sad it might not get a season 2..

Quite surprised considering it was Sky's best show.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I was just reading up on something and discovered that Elise ate baguettes filled with fries and seasoned with tabasco.

I thought she was going for the weird thing and it was actually a baguette filled with breadsticks :blush:

People with Aspergers sometimes do normal things too, you know? :D

We sometimes have quirky perceived weird behaviors but most of the time we are just like anyone with a personality.. not aliens :p
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    I'm kind of sad it might not get a season 2..

Quite surprised considering it was Sky's best show.

The second series of The Bridge was excellent,but I doubt that the story would be easy to adapt to the British/French scenario. I think if they do another series, it would need an original story.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunnymeg wrote: »
    The second series of The Bridge was excellent,but I doubt that the story would be easy to adapt to the British/French scenario. I think if they do another series, it would need an original story.

They're working at getting a second series and they've said it will be an original story.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...a baguette filled with breadsticks :blush:

I thought it was breadsticks, too...
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    They're working at getting a second series and they've said it will be an original story.

Pointless. It only really had any audience thanks to curiosity as to the adaption of a masterpiece. The characters were poor in comparison and the 2nd series of The Bridge emphasised the brilliance of the original that should never be copied.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd vote with my remote for a second series. I ended up liking the two leads. Stephen Dillane is class and he nailed his character from the start. For me Clémence Poésy struggled a bit getting Elise right, at the start. Unlike Sofia Helin who hit the ground running with Saga. But by the final few eps Miss Poésy had got to grips with her role. If there is a S2 I would prefer a brand new original story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd vote with my remote for a second series. I ended up liking the two leads. Stephen Dillane is class and he nailed his character from the start. For me Clémence Poésy struggled a bit getting Elise right, at the start. Unlike Sofia Helin who hit the ground running with Saga. But by the final few eps Miss Poésy had got to grips with her role. If there is a S2 I would prefer a brand new original story.

Sofia created her own character for Saga and Miss Poesy tried to imitate. Significantly wrong and proven to be impossible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Sofia created her own character for Saga and Miss Poesy tried to imitate. Significantly wrong and proven to be impossible.

Clémence Poésy(and Stephen Dillane] never watched the original so I don't understand the ''imitate'' part of your post.

Saga is the way she is because she is on the spectrum. Elise behaves the way she does because of her childhood traumas and has chosen to be withdrawn. Chosen may be the wrong word. She's adopted a coping mechanism. She hasn't a genetic medical condition that makes her the way she is. Unlike Saga.

Obviously the writer & directors had seen the original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clémence Poésy(and Stephen Dillane] never watched the original so I don't understand the ''imitate'' part of your post.

Saga is the way she is because she is on the spectrum. Elise behaves the way she does because of her childhood traumas and has chosen to be withdrawn. Chosen may be the wrong word. She's adopted a coping mechanism. She hasn't a genetic medical condition that makes her the way she is. Unlike Saga.

If true (which I seriously doubt) could explain a lot! They either are poor actors or just totally unconvincing in their dialogue. The near word perfect copy lines were awfully delivered and unsuitable to these two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If true (which I seriously doubt) could explain a lot! They either are poor actors or just totally unconvincing in their dialogue. The near word perfect copy lines were awfully delivered and unsuitable to these two.

7 mins in
    http://guru.bafta.org/tunnel-tv-qa

I take them at their word. So I don't accept your statement that CP tried to imitate Saga and she failed-proven. You don't like it and that's fair enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 mins in
    http://guru.bafta.org/tunnel-tv-qa

I take them at their word. So I don't accept your statement that CP tried to imitate Saga and she failed-proven. You don't like it and that's fair enough.

I noted your absence from The Bridge 2 thread in the main and would suggest Saga did indeed have the very same traumas in her earlier life, as discovered by Martin and stated by Saga herself, which coupled with her implied aspergers, was very much the characterisation written into the Tunnel and how to play Elise. Poesy admits indicaters in the script and discussion with the British producers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noted your absence from The Bridge 2 thread in the main and would suggest Saga did indeed have the very same traumas in her earlier life, as discovered by Martin and stated by Saga herself, which coupled with her implied aspergers, was very much the characterisation written into the Tunnel and how to play Elise. Poesy admits indicaters in the script and discussion with the British producers.

All true. Don't forget though that the Tunnel was filmed before Bridge 2 aired in Denmark.

I still don't understand why you say Clemency P was imitating Saga and failed - proven. Are you saying the scriptwriters tried to imitate Saga and the actress failed to deliver unbeknowst to her. I think she got there in the end after a shaky start. That of course is my opinion, not a fact. Assuming of course CP is not a liar.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I thought it was breadsticks, too...
    What made me think that was for a start it didn't look life frites in a baguette and also when he was at her place and she served one up for him he looked slightly bemused.

I can see no reason why a Brit would have that attitute to a 'chip butty'.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stephen Dillane has won Best Actor at the International Emmys for this

http://news.yahoo.com/britain-wins-3-international-emmys-071535213.html
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 of The Tunnel is being repeated starting tonight on Sky Atlantic at 9pm presumably before they start showing series 2.

I've already seen The Bridge series 1 which this show is based on. So can anyone tell me if this is worth watching? Or was it basically the same show as The Bridge series 1?
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Series 1 of The Tunnel is being repeated starting tonight on Sky Atlantic at 9pm presumably before they start showing series 2.

I've already seen The Bridge series 1 which this show is based on. So can anyone tell me if this is worth watching? Or was it basically the same show as The Bridge series 1?

Hahah I would love to but an inadvertent comparison earned me a swift rebuke from someone with way too much time on their hands and a stinking attitude :p

Seriously though there are some obvious differences but I really enjoyed both of them and really appreciate a second chance to watch it.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »

I never watched The Bridge so had nothing to compare it to. I thought it was a very good series.
    It did seem to be all wrapped up though so was surprised, though happy, to see it got a second series.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I actually wasn't expecting the second series so quickly ... It seems like only recently it was given the go-ahead. I am sure it was a while ago though!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

There's a trailer out for Series 2 now, it starts on April 5th.