Outlook, Hotmail or whatever it's called these days.

13»

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found the 'To' button that opens up your contacts when writing a 'new' e-mail

Please scrap that whinge..............:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something else I can't figure out...........

Moving e-mails from your in-box to one of several other folders created by myself for keeping different types of message (work, personal, stuff to keep etc)

I can't see a 'Move To' option.............:eek:

The only option appears to be to create a new 'Archive' folder and stick everything you don't want to delete into that.............but I want to keep different things in different folders

My folders have all appeared on the left hand side after the 'downgrade' but how do I get things into them ?

:o
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Something else I can't figure out...........

Moving e-mails from your in-box to one of several other folders created by myself for keeping different types of message (work, personal, stuff to keep etc)

I can't see a 'Move To' option.............:eek:

The only option appears to be to create a new 'Archive' folder and stick everything you don't want to delete into that.............but I want to keep different things in different folders

My folders have all appeared on the left hand side after the 'downgrade' but how do I get things into them ?

:o

When you've selected the emails you want to move, the "move to" button appears in the bar at the top.

Come on, you're just not trying
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,474
    Forum Member
    Or you can drag'n'drop individual or selected emails.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    When you've selected the emails you want to move, the "move to" button appears in the bar at the top.

Come on, you're just not trying

I can't see that............at the top it has

New - Reply - Delete - Archive - Junk - Sweep

Do'h.............I've got it...........Archive gives the option of using your folders. I thought that was a seperate folder called 'Archive'............
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I can't see that............at the top it has

New - Reply - Delete - Archive - Junk - Sweep

Do'h.............I've got it...........Archive gives the option of using your folders. I thought that was a seperate folder called 'Archive'............

Move to is the button next to sweep and categories is after move to.

To show you're not trolling and you genuinely don't have the buttons for move to and categories, please post a screenshot of your outlook.com. You can obscure your emails for your security, we just need to see that top bar with an email selected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    Move to is the button next to sweep and categories is after move to.

To show you're not trolling and you genuinely don't have the buttons for move to and categories, please post a screenshot of your outlook.com. You can obscure your emails for your security, we just need to see that top bar with an email selected.

oh..........that 'Move To' has just appeared.........when I select an e-mail in another folder

but when I'm in Inbox it's not there.............there are 3 dots which open a drop down menu and Move To is an option in that

I hadn;t noticed those 3 dots before............

I think the fact that I've been here 10 years and have 60,000 posts suggests that I'm probably not a troll...........:rolleyes:

Oh.........I see why this is happening now..........because my eyesight isn't great I have my internet set to 150% magnification..........so there isn't room for all the options at the top of the page and the three dots are for options which are off thge edge of the e-mail panel

When I'm on 150% that top line ends at 'Sweep'

If i reduce to 100% all the things appear as you describe them............