Who here is ditching the Iphone after IOS7?

Comments

• PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of IOS7 hate all over the internet though. Ok some people like it but I don't get why either? It's just pushing it more in line with Android creating less choice of OS.

To me it's clear Apple just done this as they fear Android taking over.

most of it originates from you.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IOS7 might be a design change but it lacks the 200 new features. Yes there's some but it's all about Apple becoming Android this time.

You do realise that Apple never announce the full additional feature set until they do the pre-release announcement? That means what you've seen is a taster. They announce the full OS details when they do their Autumn PR event for the new phones.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be any changing IOS7's look and feel if you keep it running on IOS7. None of those apps would be allowed on the app store or we would have had them for IOS6. :)

If you're most concerned about 'look and feel', why not just get Android? You can change everything easily with alternative launchers and themes.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just not so brand loyal to buy any rubbish a company churns out.

IOS7 is by far the worst looking junk I have seen on any mobile operating system in the past 5 years. I think even Apple fans agree but many seem open to giving it a go.

A few years back I ditched Sony Ericsson after they stopped making decent phones. Apple was only going to dominate for so long. Iphone 5 sales have been slow and I think when they preloaded this IOS7 junk on and people can try the Iphone live..one of the few handsets to do so in a phone store..people will see how shocking and awful it is.

I get that you don't like Apple.

But describing all their products as "rubbish" is somewhere between childish and stupid.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a lot of IOS7 hate all over the internet though. Ok some people like it but I don't get why either? It's just pushing it more in line with Android creating less choice of OS.

Could you expand on that? In what negative is iOS7 like android?

If you ask me it follows more design cues from Windows phone, and that's just because thin fonts like Helvetica Nue are bang on design trend currently.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would, but I don't have one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Just recently traded in my iPhone for a Nokia Lumina 820. I just got so bored with iOS and Android has never appealed to me (Apart from the HTC One) which I believe there will be a WP8 iteration in autumn.
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But do you have to keep starting new threads about Apple :rolleyes:
    When one thread of yours dies down, you start another about the same thing :confused:
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get these type of threads.

Do you like it? if the answer is yes then get it, if the answer is no then dont, simple as that.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    I dont get these type of threads.

Do you like it? if the answer is yes then get it, if the answer is no then dont, simple as that.

I think the original poster is a bit of a 'troll' and gets off on these kind of posts. Think they like people replying to their posts.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    I think the original poster is a bit of a 'troll' and gets off on these kind of posts. Think they like people replying to their posts.

Troll what for giving my opinion? :rolleyes:

More like trolls get annoyed if you say anything against Apple.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Troll what for giving my opinion? :rolleyes:

More like trolls get annoyed if you say anything against Apple.

No, not for giving you opinion.

For opening multiple threads on the same subject and saying how you hate it so much but have the beta installed.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    No, not for giving you opinion.

For opening multiple threads on the same subject and saying how you hate it so much but have the beta installed.

The other thread was about disliking the OS this one is asking who is switching devices which was fine until the trolls came.
  • dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will try the update on my old iphone 4s if i like it i will update my iphone 5 if not i will not update if i can get away with it
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other thread was about disliking the OS this one is asking who is switching devices which was fine until the trolls came.

You haven't only opened 2 threads though on the subject, you have several threads on both this sub-forum and the tablet sub-forum centred around iOS7 and your dislike for apple "post Steve Jobs".
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far from it. I like the look of iOS7 very much and I'm quite excited for the full release.
  • dksglendksglen Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Far from it. I like the look of iOS7 very much and I'm quite excited for the full release.

Snap. Can't wait for it personally.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dksglen wrote: »

Indeed.

Just get rid of your iPhone so the forum can have some peace. The repetitive posts are tiring.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm looking forward to the big changes, heck we all moaned ios never did anything new, well now they have, and I for one can't wait to get the finished product on my phone.

Yeah there may be one or two things you dislike but I'm sure those things will be overshadowed by the host of "good editions" and improvements.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    If I eventually install it on my Ipad I would say the same.

Well, you do that. Install it on your phone before you say anything about the iOS7.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dksglen wrote: »

I'm looking forward to it as well.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps we should have a "Do you like iOS7 so much that you'll be getting an extra iPhone ?" thread ? :D
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be really weird as I tend to spend most of my time inside apps rather than admiring the un-customized, default home screen.

You can just imagine someone saying...
    Windows 7 is absolute crap because of the crumby looking Start Up menu.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it isn't. Your original post was classic trolling, written with the quality that would make a Daily Mail headline writer gasp with amazement. Facts rarely enter into it ....

To quote you ....
    I think we are now in a post Steve jobs era where everything Apple churn out is rubbish. Hardware to software everything has been lacklustre and boring.

Not sure, did I miss the part where Apple stopped making relatively high quality products and they weren't selling well. The 5 is a good bit of kit. The 4S was (is) fine. iOS 7 is a worthwhile change.

The way you talk its as if the alternatives make considerably better products, when they don't. Its as down to personal preference.
    The only thing which will stop Apple crumbling is Windows isn't doing any better. Plus Android handsets are still bland.

Aye, Apple are crumbling. 2011 - they sold 72 million phone. 2012 they sold 125 million phones. So far in the 6 months of 2013 they've sold more phones than they did in 2011.

Thats definitely a company thats crumbling.

Please, have a sense of perspective and stop being a classic keyboard warrior/blogger - writing comments that have virtually zero bearing in reality, or projecting your very blinkered usage case on the rest of the world.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »
    No it isn't. Your original post was classic trolling, written with the quality that would make a Daily Mail headline writer gasp with amazement. Facts rarely enter into it ....

To quote you ....

Not sure, did I miss the part where Apple stopped making relatively high quality products and they weren't selling well. The 5 is a good bit of kit. The 4S was (is) fine. iOS 7 is a worthwhile change.

The way you talk its as if the alternatives make considerably better products, when they don't. Its as down to personal preference.

Aye, Apple are crumbling. 2011 - they sold 72 million phone. 2012 they sold 125 million phones. So far in the 6 months of 2013 they've sold more phones than they did in 2011.

Thats definitely a company thats crumbling.

Please, have a sense of perspective and stop being a classic keyboard warrior/blogger - writing comments that have virtually zero bearing in reality, or projecting your very blinkered usage case on the rest of the world.

Apple certainly aren't crumbling but your figures should be put into perspective by also mentioning the huge rise in smartphone sales in general during the time period you quote. This is basically MAC v PC all over again and it is only heading one way.