Options

File Transfer problem 9200 - PC

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Ive tried to find and read all the threads relating to this, but not seen the same problem as mine. Apologies if someone has posted this already, please direct me to the right thread.

The software generally works ok, after reinstalling a couple of times. Ive had to re-format the D1 drive twice after errors downloading images (which created gibberish files that crashed the system), so Ive done the rounds so far with this software/setup!

The main problem Im finding which I cannot sort. I can only download programmes from the D2 drive to a maximum of 120mb length, after this the transfer freezes without crashing. Occasionally it freezes on as little as 400kb. When I go to cancel the transfer, the software hangs and occasionally my whole system crashes (i.e blue screen with memory dump etc). At best I can shut down Media E-linker by "Ctrl,Alt,Del". Often the Humax box also completely freezes and has to be switched off at the rear to re-boot.

I am running this from my laptop, and usb2 PCMCIA card. I think the lack of power source through the USB maybe an issue?, does anyone know whether the usb2 port on the humax is powered, or whether a mains powered usb2 is required when using a laptop? The same issue has also occurred when using usb1.1 on the normal (non-PCMCIA) ports.

Any suggestions? Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Are you using XP?

Before trying lots of cures, my best recommendation would be to try and replicate the problem ie try another laptop (newer the better) or PC.

If I were to point my finger at something it would be your laptop. That might be worked around but try another machine first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    All I can say is I had one hell of a job even getting files transferred to my laptop. Eventually I unhooked the Humax and took it into my office to link up with my desktop pc and hey presto! Connected straight away and so far have transferred several programs with no problems at all. My guess is it's something to do with the low power USB's on my laptop.

Regards

Dave