Am I just being too rude - Sexual innuendos in kids TV

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
Forum Member
I don't have any idea why, but I was just watching "The Hoobs" on Channel 4 and I noticed a lot, of what I thought were, sexual innuendos.

For example, there was a scene where a bird rubbed a lamp, and the genie popped out and said something along the lines of "everytime your rub me I'll come shooting out".

Then, the lamp (which talked) said "so it's you who is shuffling around inside me". After the bird was granted a wish, the genie went back into the lamp and, well, the lamp had an orgasm! It starts bouncing and going "Oooh, oooooh, ooooooooh", and the narrator said that the lamp liked the genie shuffling around inside her.

Then, Hubba Hubba (:o) said to one of the Hoobs, something along the lines of "If I had one of those I'd waggle it all day" and then ended on "wheather you're waggling of woofing..."

Am I being too perverted? :o

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recon its the program makers having a laugh....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have any idea why, but I was just watching "The Hoobs" on Channel 4 and I noticed a lot, of what I thought were, sexual innuendos.

For example, there was a scene where a bird rubbed a lamp, and the genie popped out and said something along the lines of "everytime your rub me I'll come shooting out".

Then, the lamp (which talked) said "so it's you who is shuffling around inside me". After the bird was granted a wish, the genie went back into the lamp and, well, the lamp had an orgasm! It starts bouncing and going "Oooh, oooooh, ooooooooh", and the narrator said that the lamp liked the genie shuffling around inside her.

Then, Hubba Hubba (:o) said to one of the Hoobs, something along the lines of "If I had one of those I'd waggle it all day" and then ended on "wheather you're waggling of woofing..."

You've just lost some of the innocence of childhood. Not like me - took me ages to understand Master Bates & Seaman Stains. ;) Now I know loads more. :o:D
  • SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has always been thus! We are a carry on nation, its in our blood :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember Captain Pugwash? ;):D
  • diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    You've just lost some of the innocence of childhood. Not like me - took me ages to understand Master Bates & Seaman Stains. ;) Now I know loads more. :o:D
    The BBC take very unkindly on this long-standing slur on their reputation. They may sue you!

Indeed, they took it so seriously that they had to remake all of the programmes with the names changed, e.g. Master Mate. ;)
  • trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blimey how many times is this urban myth about Captain Pugwash going to be repeated? its not true!
  • occasional postoccasional post Posts: 6,346
    Forum Member
    I think it depends on your mind. Personally I find balamory and big cook little cook full of inneundo but maybe I'm just perverted :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well do you remember a show called Rainbow? If Zippy was leather he would be a gimp. George was a camp, Bungle was a big gay bear and Rod and Freddy were gay with their **** hag Jane. ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George camp? just because he was a pink hippo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trash80 wrote:
    George camp? just because he was a pink hippo

Do you not remember his voice!! Even as a kid I wondered why he sounded so girly, with a boys name.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Well do you remember a show called Rainbow? If Zippy was leather he would be a gimp. George was a camp, Bungle was a big gay bear and Rod and Freddy were gay with their **** hag Jane. ;):p
    I rember Rainbow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not remember his voice!! Even as a kid I wondered why he sounded so girly, with a boys name.:p

yeah you don't get sarcasm do you?

i don't think his voice sounds girly, more like a camp posh gent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An episode of The Clangers once had to have the audio re-dubbed after a senior executive had convinced herself that they were whistling the equivalent of, "Well open the f***ing gate then"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trash80 wrote:
    yeah you don't get sarcasm do you?

i don't think his voice sounds girly, more like a camp posh gent

Like sarcasm is easy to read on a web forum.. :rolleyes:

try adding a few ;) or maybe a :p so that I don't think what a :rolleyes:
  • marcus69marcus69 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea having innuendo on tv! There's no need to worry about the kids as they're young and innocent and to them it means nothing, but to adults it can be a good laugh. Anyway at the end of the day innuendo is only read by dirty minds! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One-track mind, more like! :p
  • Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,142
    Forum Member
    ....For example, there was a scene where a bird rubbed a lamp, and the genie popped out and said something along the lines of "everytime your rub me I'll come shooting out"....

ROFL :D:D

I have to watch this programme some time!

That just made me burst out laughing! :D:D:D:D
  • SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on your mind. Personally I find balamory and big cook little cook full of inneundo but maybe I'm just perverted :)

Even the name is a bit suspect ;):D:o
    Forum Member
    Even the name is a bit suspect ;):D:o
    yes it so is :D:D:D;););)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon they do it on purpose to allow the adults to not get bored out of their skulls while the littleluns are engrossed!
    Forum Member
    Exulus wrote:
    I reckon they do it on purpose to allow the adults to not get bored out of their skulls while the littleluns are engrossed!
    So do I :D
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    I take it everyone has seen the infamous Rainbow Viral but if not:

http://www.megastar.co.uk/comps/viral/rainbow.html?config=rainbow
    Forum Member
    clarribo wrote:

Thanks for the link
  • rudirudi Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marcus69 wrote:
    I think it's a great idea having innuendo on tv! There's no need to worry about the kids as they're young and innocent and to them it means nothing, but to adults it can be a good laugh. Anyway at the end of the day innuendo is only read by dirty minds! :D:D
    Innuendo? Isn't that an Italian suppository?

Rudi :cool: ™
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote:

Oooooooooops I think I need a new keyboard, now that my coffee is all over it :o:o

'Lets get all our balls out'
    'I can't get it in' 'Lets try the other way round' :eek:
    'Are we going to play with our friends balls today' :D
    'I was banging away all last night' :D
    'It doesn't matter what size your twanger is'
    'Yesterday we played with our balls'
    'Banging can be fun'
    'I was blowing a lot with Roger last night' :eek: :eek:
    'You can bounce your balls at the same time' :D:D