Options

DOI recycling costumes

bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
Forum Member
✭✭
Can't say I'd noticed but the Daily Mail did:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2267554/Dancing-Ice-skaters-forced-use-old-costumes-previous-series.html

I bet the Ladies are hoping they don't get Pammys cast off low cut boob exposing number, although I doubt anyone has the assets to fill it! :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    They tend to reuse costumes for the photo call and the publicity shots but the costumes used during the performances for the most part are newly designed each week.

The example given in the article regarding Roxanne Pallet reusing Emily Symons costume was due to Roxanne's bruised back so they switched costumes in order to cover it up.
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They always use old outfits for the week they're not actually competing.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As said by the others they have always reused costumes for the photoshoots press calls and now in the days of split weeks for the couples for the ones that aren't skating a particular week.

I have often joked there is one dress that is rent a frock and I think was either Marisa the pro skaters or one of Gaynors from Series one but that particular series has featured in just about every series in some shape or form.

I believe the celebs used to get to choose the outfit they wore for the press calls etc obviously within the outfits that are available in sizes to suit obviously for example Lauren being bigger up top would be looking at the stuff that was made for Melinda. I would think wardrobe would offer guidance as to what will fit and what will suit them. As I say I don't know if that was the same this year. I know Anthea's changed from the press calls to what she wore on the first show as she had a pink one on at the press call and then had one of Hayley's dresses on for the actual show.

It makes sense to recycle old costumes when it is for something like that it doesn't mean they are suddenly struggling its just unfortunate that it is the one particular costume that keeps cropping up and that Samia had Jorgies which was most recent and quite distinctive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    Can't say I'd noticed but the Daily Mail did:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2267554/Dancing-Ice-skaters-forced-use-old-costumes-previous-series.html

I bet the Ladies are hoping they don't get Pammys cast off low cut boob exposing number, although I doubt anyone has the assets to fill it! :D

that blue one is awful on all of them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly reuse costumes as well, there have been a few sightings of outfits from series 4 and 5 made over for series 8,9 and 10. Don't see much wrong with it really - I imagine there's only so many things you can do with the costumes in the time available so reusing a few older ones is probably a good plan.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    yeah that blue one i think has been the most used costume to date

Melinda Messenger wore it first in series 4
    Daniella Westbrook wore it in series 5
    Laura Hamilton wore it in series 6
    Charlene Tilton wore it in series 7
    Lauren Goodger wore it in series 8
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strictly reuse costumes as well, there have been a few sightings of outfits from series 4 and 5 made over for series 8,9 and 10. Don't see much wrong with it really - I imagine there's only so many things you can do with the costumes in the time available so reusing a few older ones is probably a good plan.

Strictly will sell any of the dresses if there is a buyer for them; otherwise they frequently get a make-over and worn again, especially in the early rounds. They are very costly to make, so it seems ridiculous to use them only for 90 seconds.