Options

Car Embedded in House

2»

Comments

• Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    On one hand, it's a bad incident and I hope the driver will live.

On the other, man in 20s, driving a red sportscar at stupid speed, in the snow. He is clearly a tosspot.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd imagine that it would take a hell of a lot of speed to make a car take flight; I hope he recovers fully, but also hope he learns a BIG lesson from his experiences.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    At least he missed the porch.
    Someone said follow that Porsche and he mis-heard! :D
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    Looking at the 2nd picture, I reckon the car hit the kerb at quite a high speed, jumped up, ploughed through the hedge and over both parked cars to end up in the corner of the house.
  • Options
    mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I am hoping that he will not be allowed on the road for many years :mad:

Until the facts come to light we do not know who was at fault, perhaps another car forced the Audi of the road or maybe he swerved to avoid a pedestrian on the poor road conditions? at the end of the day there is a young man seriously ill in hospital whom I feel sure would like to be somewhere else.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    This happened to me when I was a kid.

Our house was at the bottom of quite a steep hill. One of the neighbours' cars, which was parked near the top of the hill, rolled all the way down and straight into our living room after his handbrake failed.

I was actually sitting in an armchair against the wall at the time and it sent me flying across the room. I'll never forget looking around to see the front of a car in our living room. It's not something that you see everyday. :D

Is that how you got your username?
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mackara wrote: »
    Until the facts come to light we do not know who was at fault, perhaps another car forced the Audi of the road or maybe he swerved to avoid a pedestrian on the poor road conditions? at the end of the day there is a young man seriously ill in hospital whom I feel sure would like to be somewhere else.

well it's possible, but I think the odds are stacked that he was driving like a loony
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    mackara wrote: »

I think it is clear he was speeding to end up where he did.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I think it is clear he was speeding to end up where he did.

Yep, I can't see how someone who was driving at 30mph could possibly have been launched into the air like that! If he was driving at anything less than about 80mph I'd be suprised!
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is young and stupid (if that was the case).

But I wish him and his family the best. Awful time for them.
  • Options
    PenrosePenrose Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never heard this before

Not saying it's not true, but I've never heard it even mentioned.

I posted a thread last week with a photo I took of a crash on the M6 that went to five pages and it got deleted cos it was sick apparently.

This link and the photo is as bad, if not worse.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »

:D

I very nearly nearly shit myself when it happened, so Matt Shat would probably have been a more fitting username if it were to have been inspired by said event.