Have you switched off!!!

Comments

• happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    didn't watch any of BB on C5 except last years one
    yes it did have some live feed but it also had a more positive feel to the show
    some meddling etc but not on the scale as this year has had
    it felt more like the C4 BB last year
    I haven't watched any of this year's one and its not just because of lack of live feed
    and i think i made the right choice going on what I'm reading on here and twitter/facebook
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »
    That is what I have been doing for almost 2 weeks now

So glad I don't know the new HMs other than by reading DS forums

I gave in after a couple of episodes (it smelt too much of dreadful Towie/ Geordie Shore/ Jeremy Kyle) and instead headed to World Cup. Have only missed one BB or CBB series previously. Came back for start of Armageddon to see if it had improved, even though the forum suggested it hadn't, and discovered that:( it was worse.
    The newbies are truly hideous, the voting out a farce, Emma squirming with faux excitement over rubbish. So gone again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    switched off a few weeks ago, started watching again because of the armageddon twist. i will probably stop watching again after friday until the final.
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Damn right I have. Channel 5, home of ****ing student producers with a degree that no one needs.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Danielle goes on Friday that will be me off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    I'm on the verge of losing interest and just not watching altogether. I've now got into a solid habit of just recording the show on Sky+ and watching maybe 2-3 nights at the same time whenever I can finally be bothered. I fast forward through the majority of the content, particularly Helen and Steven/Kim.

It's almost like they either think their audience is dumb or they are trying to dumb us down. It's an absolutely pathetic showing from Big Brother. I remember last year thinking 'I dread what this would be like without Dexter and, to a lesser extent, Gina.' Well I guess this is the answer.

How can a girl like Bianca be given TV time? Do people actually find her entertaining? How old are they, 14? She acts as if she's only just discovered sex.. she needs to be sterilised.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    84 people have turned off. Blooming heck.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn right I have. Channel 5, home of ****ing student producers with a degree that no one needs.

I said this before but I only have BTEC Level 3 Production Arts qualification and I'm 22 and I know that I would do a much much much better job.
  • jayojayo Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I just read the forums, switched of last week and i won't watch until i know Helens pass is gone, BB are doing a lot a favours for Helen and it is unfair.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Wow most of the forum is no longer watching, shows you how bad this series is.
  • Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i've completely lost interest. I can't remember the last time I watched the show at it's normal time. I watch it on demand five the next day and I end up skipping through most of it. I doubt i'd be watching it at all if Helen wasn't in the house.

People moan when there's arguments but at least it gets people talking. A happy house is a boring house. Things are just a bit too nice at the moment and viewers are losing interest. The main storyline is a romance which nobody gives a shit about.

They had a chance to really spice things up on Monday but they've thrown in three pointless housemates. They should have begged Kim's boyfriend to enter the house.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I fell out of love with this series the minute got a fast track to the final.

I keep up to date on Facebook and on here.

The football has also got in the way over the course of the series.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I've missed about 3 shows so far.

Now I just read the highlights show spoiler preview thingy from tellymix to see if I'll bother watching. Tonight I won't be.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never switched on and from what I've seen on here I made the right decision. I've watched it from the first series but Channel 5 have removed all vestiges of the unique original ethos. It's now vicious trash. RIP the real BB.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Never switched on and from what I've seen on here I made the right decision. I've watched it from the first series but Channel 5 have removed all vestiges of the unique original ethos. It's now vicious trash. RIP the real BB.

They've made it too much like a TOWIE clone, the idiots who work for endemol and dive should hang their heads in shame for destroying the show as we know it. They've targeted the wrong market of people to watch, its like they want the youths of today to watch rather than concrete viewers. Made it a complete laughing stock to be honest, bb used to be the daddy of reality tv and now its a recycled uncle with no original ideas. It looks tired and the format hasn't been refreshed as the production team are too lazy for that to happen. :(
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I'm putting up with it and when Danielle and Ashleigh go, so may i.
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The three new HMs have been the final straw and I've called it a day on the series.

I loved BB of old but it has just catered to the lowest common denominator since C5 and now it makes Jeremy Kyle look like a serious study in social comment. Five minutes of Bianca sealed it for me....

RIP Big Brother... :(:(:(:cry::cry::cry:
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do get a good amount of retweets everytime I say its fake on Twitter, But I would be talking about things on other TV channels more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment I'm still watching :)
  • bellabellabellabellabellabella Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    An option for "not yet but seriously thinking about it" should have been included.

agreed
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    I switched off 2.5 weeks ago. I gave Monday I try and did watch most of the show. I still can't believe they evicted a h/m without a public vote and having made that major mistake once they are going to do it again this Friday >:(. The scale of incompetence from the production team is hard to believe.

It's just sad to see what was a great show in the state it's in now :(.
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for "no i'm loving it" because i went away for 3 weeks and even started watching it again now i am back - could have been easy to just give up as i'd missed 3 weeks
  • morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I stuck it out until the Armageddon night, it was awful, then I saw and heard Bianca and I was ashamed withmyself for giving it the time of day. I will prob look on here to Der of it improves.thus far I have not heard many positives
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's fun to pretend.
  • morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opted out over a week ago, but thought I'd tune in for Armageddon Monday - however, once I caught sight and sound of Bianca, I opted out again. I'm just keeping up via DSBB for old times sake.

Me too I cannot lower myself to call that entertainment