Going to Asda shirtless

Comments

• MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I wasn't aware us liberals had a policy on not wearing tops... did I miss a memo?
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god this sort of thing doesn't happen in Waitrose. Worth paying the extra
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I don't understand people's prudish attitudes. We were born without clothes after all.

Although I wouldn't go out in public topless unless I was at the beach, just because I like wearing pretty vests :blush:
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    I think the worst thing about this story is the three quarter lengths. Although maybe that's because every time I see them they are more like nine tenthers than three quarters :D
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I trust that you have plenty of tattoos, they are de rigueur at Asda.

As are love bites on the checkout girls :D
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the ASDA hate is really snobby...
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh I don't understand people's prudish attitudes. We were born without clothes after all.

Although I wouldn't go out in public topless unless I was at the beach, just because I like wearing pretty vests :blush:

I'm not prudish, but are you in favour of nude shopping?

There's no way I'd want to see some big old unit bending over to get a packet of Hobnobs and displaying her rusty sheriffs badge and her bomb doors to all and sundry..

:o
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I needed some chicken for my dinner, so I decided to nip to my nearest Asda which is a 10 minute walk. As its so hot, I just wore my three quarter lengths, and no shirt. Despite quite a few people checking me out, I got approached by a man probably on his 60's ............
    I bet you've smacked into many a lamppost looking at your reflection in a shop window.
    What did he mean? Is there anything wrong with a man going to Asda (or any shop) with no top on? I feel we should be proud of our bodies, not ashamed.
    Next time just wear a thong and let us know how you get on.
    Please don't handle the produce though.
  • rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was legal and I wish it was the security guard should be able to taser anyone who walks shirtless into a supermarket.

Keep it for the beach not ASDA as I for one assume any shirtless man in public is on an asbo.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    Yes, the man was justified. Shirt off in your garden or on the beach but otherwise it is chav like and inappropriate to wander round the shops shirtless.

This. Bloody stupid idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not prudish, but are you in favour of nude shopping?

There's no way I'd want to see some big old unit bending over to get a packet of Hobnobs and displaying her rusty sheriffs badge and her bomb doors to all and sundry..

:o

I'm neither here nor there really. If I saw something I didn't like I'd just look away personally.

EDIT - Society is so self righteous. In about 200 years when everything has changed, I reckon the people will look back at our generation and think "what a bunch of uneducated, mean berks they were"

(BTW I'm not referring to anyone in particular, I'm just saying people assume that if the majority of people share a viewpoint then it's valid.)
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think lads who wander around shops with their shirts off look like chavs and posers who love themselves and think everybody is checking out their pre-pubescent body but in fact I just think they look like a total cock.
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should see Wakefield. Full of shirtless blokes in summer.

Chav Central!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    If it was legal and I wish it was the security guard should be able to taser anyone who walks shirtless into a supermarket.

Don't be so bloody ridiculous!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Don't be so bloody ridiculous!!

Come on, it is Rufusrain!

I was going to say "Shouldn't he be doing his homework" but the schools have broken up.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    ThatJosh wrote: »
    Wrong term used there. Personally, I believe in strong liberty and I'd have no problem with people being nude in public. The only reason we condemn it is because partial and full nudity has been sexualised.

Nah! It's because the sight of other people's wobbly bits is pretty gross! ;)
    Forum Member
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Come on, it is Rufusrain!

I was going to say "Shouldn't he be doing his homework" but the schools have broken up.

We don't break up till tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't break up till tomorrow.

Well I doubt you'll get homework the night before the last day of term, unless you attend one shite school!
    Forum Member
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Well I doubt you'll get homework the night before the last day of term, unless you attend one shite school!

I tend not to get much homework as I'm the school cook.....
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Actually the 'scally' look is quite popular and a turn-on for some gay men ;-)

Dear God, really? :o. One's faith in the gays to maintain sartorial standards is destroyed...:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed yes :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not for me it isn't! >:(:p (if we were face to face I'd say that in the shrillest voice imaginable)
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I need to see a picture before I can make a judgement :p.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it. Most gay blokes have more style than to walk around posing as chavs.

I hope so! :D

Is it really too much effort to stick a tee shirt on?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I feel like I need to see a picture before I can make a judgement :p.

You see them all the time. So thin, they can get into a new shirt without taking the pins out, so pale they're practically luminous, legs that look like they should be hanging over the side of a nest. Acne and badly-drawn tattoos normally top off the look...:D