Options

Why do some people hate Linda Carter and want her axed?

EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I know that Linda can be loud and is a hypocrite sometimes but why do people on here hate her? She is not a murderer and hasn't covered up a murderer she is not evil and she is a much better character than Ian, Jane, Lauren, Abi and Phil she never sent an innocent man to prison. Did anyone feel sorry for Linda in October 2014 when she was raped and in August this year when she found out Dean was found not guilty of attempted rape? I understand the way Linda felt about Sylvie especially having Ollie and to her Ollie comes first. Linda is a really good character and Kellie Bright is one of the best actresses in Eastenders along with Lacey Turner.

Comments

• Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Kellie become pregnant, her scenes have been that great in my eyes.

Her main scenes lately seem to be every few weeks, but the same storyline, My Ollie isnt showing any improvement, My Ollie cant hold a cup, My Ollie cant Walk, etc. She seems to think because he maybe have a pernament disability, he cant be anything, and his life destroyed. She knows Donna who is disabled and yet runs her own market stall.

And for Kellie Bright being a great actress I guess that is why we haven't really heard of her highly since her Me and My Girl comedy series, which she starred in before she was a teenager
  • Options
    Les CorkerLes Corker Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Kellie become pregnant, her scenes have been that great in my eyes.

Her main scenes lately seem to be every few weeks, but the same storyline, My Ollie isnt showing any improvement, My Ollie cant hold a cup, My Ollie cant Walk, etc. She seems to think because he maybe have a pernament disability, he cant be anything, and his life destroyed. She knows Donna who is disabled and yet runs her own market stall.

And for Kellie Bright being a great actress I guess that is why we haven't really heard of her highly since her Me and My Girl comedy series, which she starred in before she was a teenager

Donna's disability isn't her brain
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion won't be popular.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think it would be good if Ollie could be diagnosed with autism?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't recall anyone saying they want Linda axed. I do think there has been a divided opinion about her this year. I think Linda has been brilliant in recent weeks. Her scenes with Les was lovely. It's nice to see two characters who don't really cross paths have time together. And can i just say, pregnancy agrees with Kellie. She's look gorgeous.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda is great. I hated her for the first 7 months but since she accepted Johnny I have really warmed to her.

Mick however...kill him off asap!! Can't stand his attitude and slang much longer. Why he is treated as the perfect saint when he is just as (even worse) than everyone else. Dyer should be axed with all this off set feuds he digs himself into but while he gets to stay everyone else with a fight off set gets sacked. Sick of his special treatment.
  • Options
    Les CorkerLes Corker Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Austim is developed from birth
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the above poster about Mick, caught a late night Sky1 show ages ago, when Danny Dyer, was presenting one of those thug shows, he seemed more relaxed
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

No, Do you think it would be good if he ate a poisoned sausage?
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know you probably can't help it but you should stop stressing MG. Mick and Linda are popular characters on the whole.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les Corker wrote: »
    Austim is developed from birth

One of my friends was diagnosed with it last year - she's in her 30s. So even though it's developed from birth it isn't always diagnosed at a young age.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I don't recall anyone saying they want Linda axed. I do think there has been a divided opinion about her this year. I think Linda has been brilliant in recent weeks. Her scenes with Les was lovely. It's nice to see two characters who don't really cross paths have time together. And can i just say, pregnancy agrees with Kellie. She's look gorgeous.

Me neither. I always thought she was quite popular.

I wouldn't say I like her but I don't mind her. There are plenty of other characters I'd like to see axed before her and her godawful husband Mick is one of them.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me neither. I always thought she was quite popular.

I wouldn't say I like her but I don't mind her. There are plenty of other characters I'd like to see axed before her and her godawful husband Mick is one of them.

Yeah I don't recall anyone wanting her axed either bar from her early months before she became likeable.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda hasn't been too exciting recently as I imagine she's winding down before maternity leave. But I love the character. When she first appeared I thought she was terrible - shallow, vain, selfish, bigoted ... but it didn't take long to see the real character behind the facade and now I think she's just brilliant.

As for baby Ollie - no to autism for me. There would inevitably be people who would wrongly make a connection with him being knocked on the head. But I think it would be a good thing to look at with a different character.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda is fab

Glad to hear Kellie Bright will be returning.
  • Options
    Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you always start these threads asking people to justify their opinions? People are entitled to like and dislike any character they choose. Live and let live!