Tony Jordan - EastEnders

Bettty BooBettty Boo Posts: 213
Forum Member
I hope one day he becomes EP of the show. I know he runs his own production company but I can see it happening.

I think ever since he left in 2006 the show has missed his presence greatly. What I love about Tony is that he had an eye for talent. He was so impressed with Lacey Turner's audition for Demi Miller that he created the role of Stacey just for her. I think its no coincidence the last iconic character the show has produced is the one he created. Simon Ashdown was a great writer but he never has he same attention to detail that Tony did when it came to create storylines and characters. As for Alex Lamb, less said the better.

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex Lamb is dreadful but I think he has left EE.
  • The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    Tony Jordan is the king of EastEnders. The last episode he wrote, I believe, was Dot's solo episode in 2008, which was a stunning thirty minutes of television. So yes, the day he becomes exec producer will be a beautiful day. But then, he is doing a lot of other stuff. His new show Hooten and the Lady (alongside other EE writers Sarah Phelps, James Payne and I think a few others) has just landed on Sky so I think he's set with other things. He also created Life on Mars, arguably one of the best British dramas ever?

In defence of Alex Lamb, I simply think the final third of DTC's tenure wasn't all that good. But I have to say between the end of 2013 to the start of 2015 (around the anniversary), I was really hooked. So I think he's a good storyliner, but maybe time for a change...