Psychic Sally etc..... All big liars

Comments

• *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He mentioned it was a MASSIVE earthquake and indeed, the quake itself has been referred to as one of history's all time greats. The guy specifically said it would be massive...he was very certain about that!!! More to the point, the poster never did this beofre - made random guesses I mean. He thought this dream was so strange he posted about it. And his presentiment and premonition was right and his prediction came true.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    So what?? He had a dream about an earthquake in Japan one month before it occurred...he had headaches before other earthquakes and he said he was having them again. He posted this on a website to tell people BEFORE the earthquake. It might not be anything remarkable to you, but I have never come across that kind of 'coincidence' before.

How come he claimed the earthquake twice? First on 9th March and then on 11th March. There was nothing about two dreams was there?

If he has headaches before earthquakes then he must have a permanent headache.

There are earthquakes every day. They do not get reported for a whole variety of reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He predicted it on the 7th Feb I think it was and that was it as far as I know. Don't you think it's eerie??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He predicted it on the 7th Feb I think it was and that was it as far as I know. Don't you think it's eerie??

Not really. I guess people dreamt about earthquakes last week. They just did not come on to report it.

Over on the psychic bureau people have reported lots of dreams and none of them have come to pass.
  • KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really. Its not even a coincidence really ,as he didnt give a date. So if there was one in 6 month you and he could still say it was amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keelboots wrote: »
    Not really. Its not even a coincidence really ,as he didnt give a date. So if there was one in 6 month you and he could still say it was amazing.

Do you notice how he was too quick to claim success? It would have been more impressive if he had said "Oh that is not the earthquake I saw in my dream".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you notice how he was too quick to claim success? It would have been more impressive if he had said "Oh that is not the earthquake I saw in my dream".

This ATS forum not known for being honest :p
    Isnt one predicted for tomorrow somewhere (Japan again)15th?

On a serious note another Tsunami would destroy Japan I think.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keelboots wrote: »
    This ATS forum not known for being honest :p
    Isnt one predicted for tomorrow somewhere (Japan again)15th?

On a serious note another Tsunami would destroy Japan I think.:(

If you read down the thread you find that a number of posters assure him it was a precognitive dream. It is certainly interesting but no way can it be a prcognitive dream.

Keelboots are you familiar with our "psychic bureau"? There are some far better predictions there but they did not come true. If they had then it would have been interesting.

I posted one which I am rather glad has not come true since it might have been curtains for me.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK which one of you has been contributing to Sally's wikipedia page?
    Sally Morgan (born 20 September 1951) is a British television and stage con artist who claims to have psychic ability.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like anyone who actually believes in psychics to send me a PM, I have some magic beans for sale that you might be interested in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    When I'm dead and a medium contacts me, I'm not going to give my family any advice or make any confessions that I want to get off my chest, I'm not going to have a normal conversation with them for old time's sake or ask them to track down my murderer, no, it's a once in a lifetime (deathtime?) opportunity and I'm going to use it to tell them what letter my name starts with and that they know someone whose birthday is on the 23rd.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This subject fascinates me.
    When I was younger I believed in the psychic ability of people like Doris Stokes (does anyone remember her:o?)
    Over the years, thanks in large part to programmes like Most Haunted and it's obvious fakery and the increased TV coverage given to mediums, I've gone from believer to sceptic to cynic, although I do think there are some mediums who genuinely believe that what they are doing is a psychic gift rather than an ability to read people.
    I can see now how so much of it is done - as someone said earlier, the interest in it for me now is in dissecting how they get away with what are really very vague guesses that could be bent to fit anyone.
    What still fascinates me, though, is when sometimes one of them describes an event in great detail - for example I've seen John Edward describe the inside of someone's house to them and an exact spot where a particular item is left - I'd love to work out how they do things like that.
    Sometimes you watch someone getting a reading, then when they do a piece to camera afterwards, saying how accurate everything was, that when they actually dissect and explain everything that's been said to them, it really wasn't that sharp
    at all, it's just that they've heard what they wanted to hear in their desperation to hear from their loved one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The psychic detectives programme on the crime channel also show how seriously some police take them over in the states. A lot of psychics have solved crimes. I dunno...I think I do believe. Animals can pick up on future events like earthquakes so I don't see why humans can't.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    The psychic detectives programme on the crime channel also show how seriously some police take them over in the states. A lot of psychics have solved crimes. I dunno...I think I do believe. Animals can pick up on future events like earthquakes so I don't see why humans can't.

Animals are adept at picking up the minute changes in the earth's movement and atmosphere that take place before natural occurences such as earthquakes occur. This is not 'psychic' - they simply have heightened senses.

I'm very sceptical, but not completely closed-minded about psychic abilities. I think the vast majority of so-called psychics are at worst frauds and at best severely deluded, but that's not to say that psychic ability does not exist at all. Take remote viewing, for example. That's pretty damn amazing, and does seem to be accepted as being real - remote viewers are used by government agencies to gather intelligence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Psychics have never solved any crimes.Let me guess I bet you read this on a website ,and it wasnt an official police one?
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The psychic detectives programme on the crime channel also show how seriously some police take them over in the states. A lot of psychics have solved crimes. I dunno...I think I do believe.

You realise these programmes are entertainment, right?

They're about as factual as an episode of Columbo.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of psychics have solved crimes.

How do you explain the fact that Peter Griffin (Psychic) failed to find that Melvin Hu chap that was buried alive with a bomb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JaRObcLsds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFFHIl61ns
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    .............. Take remote viewing, for example. That's pretty damn amazing, and does seem to be accepted as being real - remote viewers are used by government agencies to gather intelligence.

Err, no....the Americans, military or CIA, did experiment with it for a few years, but never had the slightest scrap of success.
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    Take remote viewing, for example. That's pretty damn amazing, and does seem to be accepted as being real - remote viewers are used by government agencies to gather intelligence.
    No, it's not.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This here has to be without a doubt the best psychic around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ff6XK5Qgc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    This here has to be without a doubt the best psychic around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ff6XK5Qgc
    Very very good. :D:D
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest liar and fake of them all is that prat Acorah
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good article (post 73) - and that was 1966. These days, you have the whole world to pick from for people having "prophetic" dreams. 6 billion people with an average of 4 dreams a night each; if they all dreamed about the national lottery, 420 of them would have the correct numbers. Of course, you wouldn't know which 420 till after the draw. :)
  • southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is some "psychics" being found out!