I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for Julie!

Comments

• hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. So she's played the game with gusto - so what? Everyone in there is playing and she's entertained me virtually non-stop.

A lot of people seem to watch BB just waiting to bestow disproportionate disllike and anger on one of the HMs. That's boring. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fear that you may be right! sad really, because without her this series would have been to quote the woman herself, shite! :D

If it's not her, then I would like to see Julian win, as he has been her constant buddy throughout the show, despite him knowing she could be a bitch, he still stuck by her!

I have always really liked Julian but feel very disappointed by his lack of good judgment in being permanently glued to Julie's side. I really would have credited him with more sense than to hang out with basically the nastiest, most b*tchy and vindictive person in the house...and I actually feel let down by him and think that he's done himself no favours by failing to acknowledge just how incredibly unpleasant she is.

I wouldn't be surprised to discover that he secretly despises her but is too emotionally vulnerable to risk becoming one of her victims, I'd like to think he knows that she's a truly ghastly, duplicitous old b*tch but hasn't felt courageous enough to admit it - for fear of upsetting her fans...and provoking her wrath. He'd probably regard himself as a diplomat who goes by the secret code-name 'Switzerland' :p
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 3,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she would have had it out with Julie to air their grievances with each other, but no, she has now also decided to play it safe and just bitch and snipe about her to the others! Very disappointing, I would have thought Coleen would have had more gumption than that, she usually has, that's why I liked her!

Julie FTW!
    Coleen was talking to Martin and Martin said why don't you talk to Julie, Coleen said what's the point Julie will only say, Aw how could you think that you know that I love you.
    This id true too, most know what Julie is like and what her answer will be.
    Coleen IMO doesn't hate Julie in the way that Julie hates her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know I will most likely be sneered at for this or at least be told I'm misguided for having any sympathy for such a "vile, two faced disgusting old has been who chews and smokes too much" etc etc, but to hell with it, I'll post my feelings anyway!

I can respect you for saying it like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coleen in a bit of a no win situation either two faced for not confronting her or evil witch if she says anything. Looking at the prince and her trying to have a clear the air conversation and she gets in her I dont hold grudges and I love you in before you get the chance to say anything so if you follow that with criticism you end up looking and feeling bad

Best Point made about Julie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coleen in a bit of a no win situation either two faced for not confronting her or evil witch if she says anything. Looking at the prince and her trying to have a clear the air conversation and she gets in her I dont hold grudges and I love you in before you get the chance to say anything so if you follow that with criticism you end up looking and feeling bad

She also said 'I don't hold grudges and I know you don't either' - she is a master manipulator and she knew that Lorenzo, if he had said anything, would come across as holding a grudge. She put him in a no-win situation. Horrible woman. As the saying goes: as ye sow, so shall ye reap. Looking forward to the harvest Julie ...
  • annies1annies1 Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was definitely more than "two seconds later" as Julie was wearing something different when she went in the bathroom to when they were talking about the clothes! See, BB knows how to manipulate the vast majority of public perception, that's exactly what they wanted you to believe, when it was (to me anyway) quite obviously later on and God knows what was said to instigate that comment!

Does anyone have a clip of this? I keep reading about it but must have missed it if it was on the highlights. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annies1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a clip of this? I keep reading about it but must have missed it if it was on the highlights. Thanks.

1300 to 14.34

http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity-big-brother/episodes/friday-31-august-6
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    That was definitely more than "two seconds later" as Julie was wearing something different when she went in the bathroom to when they were talking about the clothes! See, BB knows how to manipulate the vast majority of public perception, that's exactly what they wanted you to believe, when it was (to me anyway) quite obviously later on and God knows what was said to instigate that comment!

I didn't notice that, i will have to have a 2nd look. If so, that's not nice at all.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie has bitched, lied, cheated, made up accusations about another HMs sexuality and is possibly the most 2 faced HM in the history of the show. How can any normal person have a perfectly pleasant conversation with someone and then call them a f*cking tw*t seconds later?

We all saw the conversation Coleen had in the gods task and she was merely pointing out that Harvey has a temper, which is hardly on the same level as Julie's bitching.

Julie has even tried getting poor old Julian involved in her bitching but he has quite rightly backed away from her and left her to it. Now that Sam has left Julie will hopefully have to keep her poisonous thoughts to herself.

We saw one tiny fraction of a convo out of the 2 days that the gods saw, why anyone would be taking any of this as gospel I dont know, they all saw the bitching and stirring from Coleen, not just Julie and they were all vocal about it, we just have not been shown it and never will be.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You put forward an articulate case, Riverside which did get me thinking . From the minute she was the first in, she's certainly been an entertaining housemate, but regardless of people's like or dislike, you're right in that she hasn't been shown much respect and yes perhaps has been taken advantage of. Which is a shame, because I started to hope BB were finally convinced of the merit of older HM's.
  • eyespyeyespy Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, No more old people in the house please, the younger people have no respect. Coleen took the first nominations so personal and that was reason enough to think she was 'out to get her' when there was a time she didn't nom her at all.
  • goody66goody66 Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    Still doing what you're accusing Julie of doing ? ;)

Are you joking??????
    Other Julie lovers keep asking me this
    Please - watch the programme :)
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You put forward an articulate case, Riverside which did get me thinking . From the minute she was the first in, she's certainly been an entertaining housemate, but regardless of people's like or dislike, you're right in that she hasn't been shown much respect and yes perhaps has been taken advantage of. Which is a shame, because I started to hope BB were finally convinced of the merit of older HM's.

I don't like it either, she is a 70 year old woman who has been entertaining the British public for decades, I think the producers are being very disrespectful allowing bad edits to go out and letting the crowd do their whole 'get Julie out' chant.

Personally I find her camp and very typical of the 'luvvie' age of celebrity that she has grown up in, ie don't take her so seriously. I think Martin gets this but realises that the boys don't and are making themselves look awful by joining in.

I find it very uncomfortable to watch a woman that has more than earned her right to be a 'celebrity' being brought down by a tacky show ( although I do accept she knew what she was doing by signing up ). I think the tide will turn soon as it did with Danica, as this forum seems to work almost like clockwork.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olive2 wrote: »
    Coleen was talking to Martin and Martin said why don't you talk to Julie, Coleen said what's the point Julie will only say, Aw how could you think that you know that I love you.
    This id true too, most know what Julie is like and what her answer will be.
    Coleen IMO doesn't hate Julie in the way that Julie hates her.

Oh but she does, it's just that her tears and manipulations have fooled you along with half the country. The only reason Martin told her to speak to Julie is that he wants them to kick off and ruin both their chances. The only reason that Coleen won't speak to Julie about it is that 1. she's a coward and 2. she knows her temper will get the better of her and she'll show her true colours, then she won't be able to claim victim status any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goody66 wrote: »
    Are you joking??????
    Other Julie lovers keep asking me this
    Please - watch the programme :)

LOL I do watch the program, and you're saying just as bad things about Julie as she is saying about others, yet you're slating her for doing the same thing, ironic much ?
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    pampas wrote: »
    they have given julie such a bad edit now there is no chance all the boys will go for the kill and that coleen well it seems her tears have well and truly dried up what a cow

Why is Colleen a cow? For having had to suffer Julie's hostility?
    Julie is the one who is being so horrid here. I'm relieved that Coleen has to no longer be Julie's victim, i.e. Julie had better be nice now that she knows the public are against her...she's the foul-mouthed, vindictive cow I think you'll find!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL I do watch the program, and you're saying just as bad things about Julie as she is saying about others, yet you're slating her for doing the same thing, ironic much ?

I have not said bad things. I have said truthful things
    I am a good person - and can live with myself
    I am not like Julie or anybody like her
    So if that is your only defense - to say I am like that - then kindly keep your opinions to yourself :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    Why is Colleen a cow? For having had to suffer Julie's hostility?
    Julie is the one who is being so horrid here. I'm relieved that Coleen has to no longer be Julie's victim, i.e. Julie had better be nice now that she knows the public are against her...she's the foul-mouthed, vindictive cow I think you'll find!
    Oooh - be careful what you say about Julie. Her fans on here keep asking for proof
    I think their T.Vs don't work :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goody66 wrote: »
    I have not said bad things. I have said truthful things
    I am a good person - and can live with myself
    I am not like Julie or anybody like her
    So if that is your only defense - to say I am like that - then kindly keep your opinions to yourself :p

Try reading some of your posts on other threads, then tell me I'm wrong ;)
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Yes, I know I will most likely be sneered at for this or at least be told I'm misguided for having any sympathy for such a "vile, two faced disgusting old has been who chews and smokes too much" etc etc, but to hell with it, I'll post my feelings anyway!

I felt sorry for her watching a clip of the announcement of BB that they were to have an acid house party with all the hits of the 90s, you could just see her face falling as in "must I", and I can't say I blame her, I'm young enough to be her daughter and it would fill me with dread too!

And I don't really like how BOTS are finding such pleasure in poking fun at her because of her age and ott style etc, Jamie East was doing it tonight and I just found it a bit cruel! They really are getting their money's worth out of her now, they have kept her in until the last week and are now doing a hatchet job on her with the editing in order to pull in the revenue from her fans who they know will vote in their droves to save her, while they make almost certain that she will be up! And I don't care what anyone says, she has been given a bad edit, she does backstab and gossip, but I don't really believe it's been any worse than the rest of them, she is just more vocal about it and BB show it more!

And now all the little hangers on who thought they were on to a good thing by cosying up to her and calling her nana are all jumping ship because they think she is unpopular on the outside! Bunch of little sh*ts each and every one of them! I was delighted to see Coleen Nolan saved last night because I thought she would have had it out with Julie to air their grievances with each other, but no, she has now also decided to play it safe and just bitch and snipe about her to the others! Very disappointing, I would have thought Coleen would have had more gumption than that, she usually has, that's why I liked her!

Julie FTW!

Very well said riverside, it's become very uncomfortable now, both inside and outside of the house. and all for what? A bit of sweary bitching, from which others are now disassociating themselves.

It's all become very sad and obvious now that they are using her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's fair to criticize her constant chewing of her gums - that's what the majority of old people do and all of the other housemates in there would be the same if they were 70!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    Very well said riverside, it's become very uncomfortable now, both inside and outside of the house. and all for what? A bit of sweary bitching, from which others are now disassociating themselves.

It's all become very sad and obvious now that they are using her.

Too true Kewpee. Martin, Harvey and Coleen have used her most of the way through, Julian will be the next target, Martin has already started on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try reading some of your posts on other threads, then tell me I'm wrong ;)
    I, like other people have said things about Julie - that are the truth. We are not nasty, two faced people
    You need to get a grip :D