The Graham Norton Show - Series 13

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Tom Cruise couldn't take his eyes off Gerard Butler.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That show must have been the absolute nadir. I'm sure Norton was embarrassed by it to the extent that he must surely be wondering if it has reached the stage where it is in danger of ruining his reputation. I never used to like him at all, but previous shows have often managed to assemble a lively combination of guests and he had a knack of bringing out the best in them. That last one was a sell-out of catastrophic proportions and might have fatally damaged his career.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    That show must have been the absolute nadir. I'm sure Norton was embarrassed by it to the extent that he must surely be wondering if it has reached the stage where it is in danger of ruining his reputation. I never used to like him at all, but previous shows have often managed to assemble a lively combination of guests and he had a knack of bringing out the best in them. That last one was a sell-out of catastrophic proportions and might have fatally damaged his career.

Possibly the most over dramatic statement ever made on this particular forum.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I second that.

I actually enjoyed it, it wasn't his best show but not every show is going to be better than the last.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    ♣ Moya wrote: »
    I must be easy to please because I enjoyed it
    Me too.

Olga....:p
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.

Boring episode which centred on a boring Hollywoodite but that statement was just OTT.

Fatal to Graham's career? :rolleyes:
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gerard Butler looks as good as ever, and Oblivion looks good too.
    I'm assuming they spoke?:D
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerard Butler looks as good as ever, and Oblivion looks good too.
    I'm assuming they spoke?:D

He sure does. There's something quite rough and ready about him in a very sexy kinda way :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Who's on next week?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's on next week?

Jack Dee, Amanda Holden and Michael Buble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed at the number of people contributing to this thread who hated the show *so much*, and yet didn't just change the channel or switch off the TV.

'This is rubbish. I can't believe how bad it is. It's the most boring thing I've ever seen. The guests disgust me. The music is rubbish. This red chair bit is so old now. Oh, it's finished. See you all again same time next week.'
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

Mountain. Molehill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get this. Are people always this deadly miserable? I know we are in the recession. But it appears a LOT of FMs just seem to thrive only on negativity.

If thriving on negativity is a cancer these FMs are probably terminal right now...
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was one of the most boring shows i saw last friday
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get this. Are people always this deadly miserable? I know we are in the recession. But it appears a LOT of FMs just seem to thrive only on negativity.

If thriving on negativity is a cancer these FMs are probably terminal right now...

This is what a forum is for, or would you prefer people were fake and everyone say they like everything.

The BBC and GN show should not be about giving millions of pound worth of free advertising to Tom Cruise, his co star and his new film.

Tom Cruise is such a control freak and a controversial character who has been brain washed by Scientology and its weird ideas . I would love to have seen him questioned about this and his relationships with women etc.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    it was one of the most boring shows i saw last friday

Agree. Usually love Graham but that episode was so boring I switched off after 20 mins. Always bad when they focus so much on someone's new film which they're on to plug which you have no interest in seeing.
  • sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    This is what a forum is for, or would you prefer people were fake and everyone say they like everything.

The BBC and GN show should not be about giving millions of pound worth of free advertising to Tom Cruise, his co star and his new film.

Tom Cruise is such a control freak and a controversial character who has been brain washed by Scientology and its weird ideas . I would love to have seen him questioned about this and his relationships with women etc.

Is that you Katie?
    Every guest is on the show to talk about their career, not their personal life.
    Why should Tom Cruise be treated any different?
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah , because all the other guests come on the show just to have nice chat with Graham don't they? The fact that they always have a new film/tv show/tour out at the same time is just an amazing coincidence.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You don't get that kind of interview on this show. It's not that kind of show.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering, what are peoples fave ever GN show? I have been spending a lot of my days watching a lot of episodes. And I think Miriam/Will I am was my favourite ever. So much humour.
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i fail to understand why people still watch him and Ross.
    The only reason the so called stars are there is to publicise their latest film or tv series
    What's entertaining about that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a frivolous entertainment talk show for crying out loud! Not Newsnight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charmarr wrote: »
    i fail to understand why people still watch him and Ross.
    The only reason the so called stars are there is to publicise their latest film or tv series
    What's entertaining about that?

I dunno. Why do people morris dance?

Why do people ballroom dance?

Why do people enjoy baking when they can get cakes in supermarkets so cheaply?

Why do people watch talent shows such as BGT, XF and TV?
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Just wondering, what are peoples fave ever GN show? I have been spending a lot of my days watching a lot of episodes. And I think Miriam/Will I am was my favourite ever. So much humour.

I found that a bit too cringeworthy - yes, funny, in a way, but it made me cringe more, I think.

I'd struggle to main one show as the best ever. I can remember Cameron Diaz being a really good guest though.
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    The car crash that was Mark Wahlburg.:D:D
    This is a frivolous entertainment talk show for crying out loud! Not Newsnight!

And the Clouseau award goes to...:p

I find no harm in watching people plug their latest endeavour, be it film, book or tour. I only ask that they be a bit entertaining while they do it.
    And GN consistently has entertaining guests, even though not all the guests will please all the viewers all the time.
    Even his 'bad' guests have some redeeming qualities, although it can be a struggle to find them sometimes.:o