Options

I need your help with losing some weight - quickly!

Comments

• Options
    allhitradioallhitradio Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    OP This is the only thing that works for me in an 'emergency' when I need to lose as much weight as possible in the shortest possible time. I'm not saying it's healthy for long term use, but it works for me:

Breakfast: Large glass of water
    Lunch: A Slimfast shake and a large glass of water
    Dinner: All Bran (no more than 80 - 100g at the most) with skimmed milk (either cold, or just shove the lot in the microwave for 4 minutes).

You should remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day. If you are desperate mid morning/afternoon, you can have a Cadbury's Options chocolate drink (but try not to, for maximum effect)

This keeps you feeling full and gives you a thorough detox.

I've lost as much as 8lbs in a week on this diet.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    what exercise can shift huge amounts of weight in one week?

Skipping. If you skip 4 hours a day for a week. You can lose lots of weight (for me lots would mean over a stone).
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    OP This is the only thing that works for me in an 'emergency' when I need to lose as much weight as possible in the shortest possible time. I'm not saying it's healthy for long term use, but it works for me:

Dinner: All Bran (no more than 80 - 100g at the most) with skimmed milk (either cold, or just shove the lot in the microwave for 4 minutes).

You should remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day. If you are desperate mid morning/afternoon, you can have a Cadbury's Options chocolate drink (but try not to, for maximum effect)

I can't imagine anyone feeling well on this. Just wondering, id you feel okay? I don't understand what it is that keeps you "feeling full" either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How's it going? How much have you lost so far? :D

My friend recently did a pre gastric band diet - which was basically drinking a certain amount of skimmed milk and having the odd natural yogurt.

I'd still buy a bigger size dress and get rat arsed at the do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Get yourself something like this. Eat small meals until the wedding, give your digestive system a chance to work.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miraclesuit-Control-Waist-Cincher-Shapewear/dp/B0037YO066/ref=sr_1_12?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1371214945&sr=1-12&keywords=body+shaper

Hahaha. Miracle suit indeed. :D
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Hahaha. Miracle suit indeed. :D

That woman in the pic was a size 24 before she put her's on...

Meh, it was a suggestion, the reviews are good so since the OP is looking for something, anything, that might make her feel better on the day. Something like this is better than living off water.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine anyone feeling well on this. Just wondering, id you feel okay? I don't understand what it is that keeps you "feeling full" either.

Well, it works for me. I've lost a total of 4 and a half stone on this diet - not by sticking to it all the time, but by doing it in short bursts over a 12 month period. If the weight looks like creeping on again, I do it for three or four days and that stops the weight gain in its tracks.

The slimfast at lunch time is very filling, as long as you have a large glass of water afterwards. The All Bran in the evening leaves you feeling really full, as if you've had a large meal. That means that I can sleep OK and don't wake up feeling hungry. The biggest surprise for me about this regime, was discovering how little difference skipping breakfast made in terms of how hungry I felt. I thought it would be a big mistake, mainly because 'experts' always seem to bang on about it being the most important meal of the day. However, I discovered that a glass of water and a cup of tea or coffee, if you fancy one, does just as well...and saves loads of calories.

I know it sounds as if it shouldn't work, but it has for me. I had tried everything before and just came up with this routine out of desperation. I'm sure it wouldn't suit everyone, but I've lost loads of weight on it. The only method I have found of losing weight faster is Bootcamp in a Bottle, which involves drinking some revolting zero calories sludge. I really did feel grim on that one, although I lost weight even faster than my Slimfast/All Bran regime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds utterly horrific and quite revolting. What happens if you work out? There's no way that lot would help you if you had an intensive work out. Short term or not, that's a terrible diet.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in exactly the same situation this time last year, anticipating my niece's wedding. I had managed to lose about half a stone, then something happened and I put it all back on, and felt awful in my dress. I just bought a cream jacket to wear over the top of it, and it was fine. Not to be pessimistic, but the weather doesn't look to be too hot in the next few days - so wearing a jacket will be good.;)
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wear a corset or corselette, if you can get hold of such a thing and can endure it. If doing a short-term diet for fast weight loss, it is definitely possible to roll back that tummy enough to make a difference to how a dress fits, but you need to limit not only carbs, as has been suggested by others here, but also fruit, which contains a lot of sugar. Fruits such as bananas and grapes are best avoided altogether as quite calorie and sugar rich. An apple or two a day okay, plus salads and green, white and orange vegetables, and small amounts of protein foods such as eggs (not fried), chicken (without skin), cottage cheese, tuna etc. If you are desperate to lose a bit for a special occasion, that alone should make it easy to motivate yourself to limit what you eat for a week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    I was in exactly the same situation this time last year, anticipating my niece's wedding. I had managed to lose about half a stone, then something happened and I put it all back on, and felt awful in my dress. I just bought a cream jacket to wear over the top of it, and it was fine. Not to be pessimistic, but the weather doesn't look to be too hot in the next few days - so wearing a jacket will be good.;)

When I first read the OP I could almost hear partners throughout the UK nodding and sighing :D (not that you can hear nodding, unless you have arthritis in your neck)

It should have some sort of phenomenon named after it - pudgy party panic or something :D
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first read the OP I could almost hear partners throughout the UK nodding and sighing :D (not that you can hear nodding, unless you have arthritis in your neck)

It should have some sort of phenomenon named after it - pudgy party panic or something :D

Definitely! My sister, the mother of the bride, was no better. Between the two of us, we bought numerous outfits that were tried on and sent back to various shops. :o
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get yourself something like this. Eat small meals until the wedding, give your digestive system a chance to work.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miraclesuit-Control-Waist-Cincher-Shapewear/dp/B0037YO066/ref=sr_1_12?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1371214945&sr=1-12&keywords=body+shaper

But the miraclesuit is brilliant - I've seen the results on my neighbour and on me too. It's uncomfortable after a while but it really works
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Skipping. If you skip 4 hours a day for a week. You can lose lots of weight (for me lots would mean over a stone).

can you still buy skipping ropes ? I had one when i was younger
  • Options
    Loud and ProudLoud and Proud Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Right, this is a forty eight hour detox and you lose five pounds - as follows:

Breakfast - large fruit salad (must include banana)

Lunch - Sandwich which must be on Linseed bread and filed with homemade houmous and a yellow slice of pepper. For the houmous blend chickpeas, half a lemon, half fat creme fraiche, a tsp peanut butter and a tsp fresh mint.

Snack - An apple

Dinner - Salmon/Chicken with sweetcorn, spinach, carrots and peas

Trust me, it works! Just do this for two days before the wedding as a quick fix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Only on the black market since they were banned.
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Swing your knickers around your head while singing the National Anthem, that will be as effective as anything mentioned on this thread
  • Options
    Pandora 7Pandora 7 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I don't think it is a good idea to lose weight rapidly because you can be left with excess skin. Try to lose it slowly and exercise so your skin can tighten back up. I do realise this won't work if someone has been overweight for years but I have seen so many people who have lost vast amounts of weight with a saggy tummy etc.

Just off for a 5 mile run >>>>>>>>>>>>>> :D
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member

I used to work for a girl who did this, she would buy an outfit which was a size too small, ask me for lots of advice on weighwatchers which she completely ignored! Then about a week before the wedding she would hear about some ridiculous crash diet, go on it for about a day or two before giving up, and end up having to wear something else.

i used to do this myself before I discovered weightwatchers -I think it's a form of magical thinking - if you buy something expensive that doesn't fit you will be forced to shed the weight quickly and bypass the boredom of weeks/months of dieting. Probably better to buy something that flatters the size you actually are but would also look great if you lost some weight. I lost about a stone or so on weightwatchers a few years back and tried on all those clothes I had kept - ended up giving most of them to Oxfam because they didn't flatter my figure and in some cases were years out of date :D

OP - I think you just forget crash dieting and follow the excellent advice of the posters who advised you just to start your weightwatchers diet, invest in some serious shapewear and disguise the problem areas with shrugs/wraps/scarves ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Me too. I had one that was a rope. It was fun.

These days I use the nylon / plastic type as you can get them to loop around silly fast.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BXR-Adult-Speed-Skipping-Rope/dp/B005QXVTHY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1371298052&sr=8-7&keywords=speed+rope

I've also had the leather type ones but they mark the floor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    Hi,

After a bit of advice. I've got a family wedding in 6 days time, bought two lovely outfits and neither fit very well, I don't look how I thought i'd look in them if you see what I mean? :o Anyway, i've realised it's time to lose weight, i'm not hugely overweight, but I think i've been in denial about how much has crept up on me since last Autumn. I've just joined weightwatchers and downloaded the app and am ready to lose a couple of stone.

I'm not one for fad diets, but i'm desperate. I can't afford to buy another outfit, too many other things going on at the minute, but I know if I wear what I've bought looking like I do now, i'm not going to enjoy the day. I'll feel very self conscious and won't be able to relax. Weightwatchers is not going to help me in a week, so it's on hold until after the wedding, I need a quick fix just to help me feel a bit more confident, reduce bloating and flatten my stomach area a bit.

Any suggestions? I'll have 5 days so it really does need to be a quick fix. I really want to enjoy the day with my family, I just wish i'd realised that I needed to lose the weight sooner :(

hi :), how are you doing ? Have you lost any weight..good luck :)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are you wearing a dress if you are a man?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    why are you wearing a dress if you are a man?

she's female, read her services under her name
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    Sounds utterly horrific and quite revolting. What happens if you work out? There's no way that lot would help you if you had an intensive work out. Short term or not, that's a terrible diet.

No, you can't really workout on this plan. I felt very faint when I tried. As an emergency, short term weight loss plan, it does work though.
  • Options
    Forum Member

How's it going? How much have you lost so far? :D

My friend recently did a pre gastric band diet - which was basically drinking a certain amount of skimmed milk and having the odd natural yogurt.

I'd still buy a bigger size dress and get rat arsed at the do.
    both of these are silly :o

you be hungry in the day..also can you drink tea/coffee and have anything else ? bit extreme