Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    (I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being so pedantic, but it's Kunming.)
    Thanks. Just a typo in this case, but very much my mistake :)
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be terrorism! Two passengers were travelling on stolen passports.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/stolen-passports-prompt-terror-concerns-missing-jet-officials-say-n47861
    Stolen Passports Prompt Terror Concerns in Missing Jet, Officials Say

U.S. officials told NBC News on Saturday they are investigating terrorism concerns after two people listed as passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines jet turned out not to be on the plane and had reported their passports stolen.

“We are aware of the reporting on the two stolen passports,” one senior official said. “We have not determined a nexus to terrorism yet, although it’s still very early, and that's by no means definitive.”

U.S. officials said they were checking into passenger manifests and going back through intelligence.

Luigi Maraldi, 37, was the only Italian on a passenger manifest released by the airline after the jet disappeared over the South China Sea.

But his father, Walter Maraldi, told NBC News from Cesena, Italy: “Luigi called us early this morning to reassure us he was fine, but we didn’t know about the accident. Thank God he heard about it before us.”

Luigi Maraldi was on vacation in Thailand, the father said. He said that Luigi Maraldi’s passport was stolen one year ago.

The foreign ministry of Austria confirmed to NBC News that police had made contact with a citizen who was also on the passenger list, and who reported his passport stolen two years ago while traveling in Asia.

First published March 9th 2014, 12:22 am

There was a chap on the news earlier who said that major structural defects just don't happen in flight these days. All very worrying.
  • Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    It can't be a coincidence that two stolen passports were used on this flight. Definitely terrorists at work here. :(
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    It can't be a coincidence that two stolen passports were used on this flight. Definitely terrorists at work here. :(

I wouldn't say definitely, but after recent updates, the ominous shadow of Islam is once again rearing it's head. :(

The Islamic Terror campaign is now a truly global issue.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say definitely, but after recent updates, the ominous shadow of Islam is once again visible. :(

Even if it is a terrorist incident (which is at this time unconfirmed) why do you assume it was an Islamist group that carried it out? Nobody is claiming responsibility.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say definitely, but after recent updates, the ominous shadow of Islam is once again rearing it's head. :(

You mean to say that the "religion of peace" might have struck again?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is rather strange for it to disappear. But I do think that everyone is now dead onboard.
    Forum Member
    One of the passports were stolen a year and a half ago so if this is a terrorist attack then it look as though it could have been planned for few years. Depressing. :(
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    Even if it is a terrorist incident (which is at this time unconfirmed) why do you assume it was an Islamist group that carried it out? Nobody is claiming responsibility.

Maybe just maybe because they are responsible for most of the deaths occurring around the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    You mean to say that the "religion of peace" might have struck again?

Right on cue, a Jihadist apologist crawls out of the woodwork to downplay the growing threat normal people are facing, and attempt to derail the thread. You would perhaps whistle a different tune if you were directly effected. I will always oppose Islamic extremism, regardless of your smug attempts at humour.
    Forum Member
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    One of the passports were stolen a year and a half ago so if this is a terrorist attack then it look as though it could have been planned for few years. Depressing. :(

It is beginning to look like terrorism might be behind this. It's terrible to think that someone would do a thing like this to innocent people.
  • kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I'm any sort of expert, but if terrorism, it doesn't seem to have the MO of Islamic fundamentalists. The incident has been too quick and too quiet. Islamic fundamentalists prefer high impact, instant publicity and ongoing chaos.
    Forum Member
    Right on cue, a Jihadist apologist crawls out of the woodwork to downplay the growing threat normal people are facing, and attempt to derail the thread. You would perhaps whistle a different tune if you were directly effected. I will always oppose Islamic extremism, regardless of your smug attempts at humour.

A jihadist apologist? I think my post was lost on you.

I'm no fan of Islam.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member

I think you totally misread Matt.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaiserbee wrote: »
    Not that I'm any sort of expert, but if terrorism, it doesn't seem to have the MO of Islamic fundamentalists. The incident has been too quick and too quiet. Islamic fundamentalists prefer high impact, instant publicity and ongoing chaos.

All they care about is maximum casualties. Allah himself rewards them for every infidel they butcher, as is written in their "holy" book.

It's a twisted and intolerant ideology, in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    A jihadist apologist? I think my post was lost on you.

I'm no fan of Islam.

Sorry dude, I re-read it, we're on the same page buddy ;-)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think if you check statistics you're more likely to be a victim of terrorism if you're a Muslim
    Forum Member
    Sorry dude, I re-read it, we're on the same page buddy ;-)

No worries.

If this does prove to be the work of Islamic terrorists, the media will be falling over themselves to tell us how peaceful Islam is... again!
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I think if you check statistics you're more likely to be a victim of terrorism if you're a Muslim

And who does the threat come from?
    Forum Member
    I wonder how they will find out who was using those stolen passports. Frightening stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, because there is a civil war within Islam itself. In Iraq for instance, Sunni and Shia are slaughtering each other at a bloodthirsty rate. In Syria, it's Islamic sect vs Islamic sect. The killing of infidels is just a sideshow.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaiserbee wrote: »
    Well the mass knife attack last week didn't fit it either.
    Forum Member

Correct. Also correct is that it is more likely to be a muslim carrying out the act of terrorism.

So I'm not sure what the point of your post is.
    Forum Member
    Indeed, because there is a civil war within Islam itself. In Iraq for instance, Sunni and Shia are slaughtering each other at a bloodthirsty rate. In Syria, it's Islamic sect vs Islamic sect. The killing of infidels is just a sideshow.

Nail on head.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard about this on 10 o'clock news.

So sad :( Hope it's just a terrible tragic accident. The one that happened a few years ago is still so fresh in my mind.
This discussion has been closed.