Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say definitely, but after recent updates, the ominous shadow of Islam is once again rearing it's head. :(

The Islamic Terror campaign is now a truly global issue.

Really?? How on earth do you come to that conclusion with absolutely zero evidence? In fact, when have Islamic terrorists targeted Chinese or MUSLIM Malaysians before for you to make that guess?
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Nail on head.

I genuinely can't comprehend how anyone could defend such a bloodthirsty, horrific and violently intolerant ideology. We're not a liberal democracy by accident, our ancestors bled to enable us to speak freely about such things.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when reports started coming in from Norway in 2011 of a bombing and mass casualties, followed by a mass shooting. People were falling over themselves to claim it was Islamic terrorism. The usual things were said, the usual empty threats and claims were made.

Then it turned out it was a single white anti-islamist named Anders.

You could almost hear the needle being pulled off the vinyl.

By all means jump to conclusions about the cause if it helps satisfy any pre-exisiting agendas, but I think, like most normal, sane people, I'll wait to see what the actual cause is based on actual evidence instead of fairy stories.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    I wonder how they will find out who was using those stolen passports. Frightening stuff.

I thought if you reported a passport as stolen/lost it was cancelled? Or is that only UK ones?
    Forum Member
    All they care about is maximum casualties. Allah himself rewards them for every infidel they butcher, as is written in their "holy" book.

It's a twisted and intolerant ideology, in my opinion.

All religion is like that. Haven't you read the oh so wonderful bible? God is a manipulative, goal post changing bastard...to be blunt.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?? How on earth do you come to that conclusion with absolutely zero evidence? In fact, when have Islamic terrorists targeted Chinese or MUSLIM Malaysians before for you to make that guess?
    Possibly last week.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No MAYDAY call on the Lockerbie flight either.No time.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when reports started coming in from Norway in 2011 of a bombing and mass casualties, followed by a mass shooting. People were falling over themselves to claim it was Islamic terrorism. The usual things were said, the usual empty threats and claims were made.
    Well I remember exactly the opposite about the Boston bombings, let's try & stick to the facts shall we?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't you read the oh so wonderful bible?

I skimmed it, and they're just as bad, but thankfully without the balls of their Islamic counterparts.
  • Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    It can't be a coincidence that two stolen passports were used on this flight. Definitely terrorists at work here. :(

No. It means nothing in relation to the loss of the plane. As usual the media jump on to this but there are people travelling with stolen passports all the time.
    Forum Member
    I skimmed it, and they're just as bad, but thankfully without the balls of their Islamic counterparts.

Oh you'd be surprised...but anyway, this isnt the thread for that or your rant before.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Well I remember exactly the opposite about the Boston bombings, let's try & stick to the facts shall we?
    The facts seem pretty light in number at the moment. Even the stolen passports thing could be for any number of reasons, organised crime, people trafficking, smuggling etc. All we know is a plane has gone down and it's extremely likely everyone on board is dead.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »

The facts are that there are no facts in this particular case, save for the few that are out there, but many have already pre-decided that it's definitely islamic terrorism.

IF the Black Box is ultimately recovered and it's proven to have been an accident, catastrophic engine failure or even birdstrike, do you think those who have decided it's islamic terrorism will hold up their hands and say "well ok, maybe i was a bit hasty?".

Of course they won't, they'll just blank it out like it never happened and move on to the next thing ..
  • Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Parker45 wrote: »
    No. It means nothing in relation to the loss of the plane. As usual the media jump on to this but there are people travelling with stolen passports all the time.

Two stolen passports and a plane vanishing. Hmm, surely not coincidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was tracked at 30,000 feet.Then it disappeared.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyhoo, I need to catch last orders, drink more beer and chase women, so will bid you good night for now. Stay decent, and don't let the Islamic apologists warp your mind. :cool:
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct. Also correct is that it is more likely to be a muslim carrying out the act of terrorism.

So I'm not sure what the point of your post is.

My point is IF you are a victim of a terrorist attack and the chances of that are minuscule you're more likely to be a Muslim so the majority of the UK has little to worry about - considering about 15k people died from terrorist attacks last year and over 7 million died from heart disease I would loose sleep over a terrorist attack
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the passports were stolen a year and a half ago so if this is a terrorist attack then it look as though it could have been planned for few years. Depressing. :(

Not necessarily. Stolen passports are just part of an arsenal of items that can be used for various things - mainly enabling ease of illegal travel between countries. They may not be stolen for a specific event; just held on file until required for a specific event
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyhoo, I need to catch last orders, drink more beer and chase women, so will bid you good night for now. Stay decent, and don't let the Islamic apologists warp your mind. :cool:

I will join you.I'm a real Fanny Magnet.:D
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can't be a coincidence that two stolen passports were used on this flight. Definitely terrorists at work here. :(
    I think thats rather presumptuous given the known facts so far.
    There were no indications of sabotage nor claims of a terrorist attack. But the passenger manifest issued by the airline included the names of two Europeans - Austrian Christian Kozel and Italian Luigi Maraldi - who, according to their foreign ministries, were not in fact on the plane.

A foreign ministry spokesman in Vienna said: "Our embassy got the information that there was an Austrian on board. That was the passenger list from Malaysia Airlines. Our system came back with a note that this is a stolen passport."

Austrian police had found the man safe at home. The passport was stolen two years ago while he was travelling in Thailand, the spokesman said.

The foreign ministry in Rome said no Italian was on the plane either, despite the inclusion of Maraldi's name on the list. His mother, Renata Lucchi, told Reuters his passport was lost, presumed stolen, in Thailand in 2013.

U.S. and European security officials said that there was no proof of any terrorist link and there could be other explanations for the use of stolen passports.

As both Passports were reported stolen that far back, detail would be on the database so anyone using the whole or part of to fake another passport would be flagged up.

I know our own system is extraordinarily tight as i had my Passport stolen in Spain three years ago and once back in the UK had to apply for another.

My application was refused. :confused:

So i rang the Passport Office to ask why the refusal and the guy paused, then said "well we don't think the person on the photograph is you". (Remember we are speaking to each other on a phone!).

So i then asked how he could possibly know what i looked like when we'd not even met?

Long pause again...then, "well i don't know.....but i still don't think you are who you say you are....".

I then said, "you are aware i had my previous Passport stolen in Spain on 'x' date?" "Oh yes we know all about that", he replied.

"Good......well pull up the detail of that passport off your database including the photograph," i told him.

Suddenly he said......."i need to go and get my manager as this does look to be the same person as you".

Eureka!! :D:D

I can't say the same for the Spanish Police though. They didn't give a flying fig about logging it when it had been stolen.
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree just because there was a couple of people with dodgy passports on board doesn't mean it was terrorism. Think of the logistics of it...they'd have had to smuggle explosives on board as the plane would have suffered a catastrophic failure not to issue a mayday call.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought if you reported a passport as stolen/lost it was cancelled? Or is that only UK ones?

When my Japanese passport went missing while I was in Macao, it was immediately noted as 'cancelled', but the actual process of cancelling took just over a year.

I'm guessing the 'cancelled' note was just so that I could have a replacement passport. Well, a temporary paperwork slip, issued by the Embassy of Japan. After I came home to the UK, I couldn't get a proper jp passport for a year. Used my British passport instead for my other trips. I don't know why it took so long. Happened in 2001 or 2002.
  • EmilyJEGEmilyJEG Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been reading about this story since I first saw it earlier today. So, so sad :( I hope they are able to work out what has happened and why, even if it takes a while.
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought if you reported a passport as stolen/lost it was cancelled?

It's still good enough to travel with, until you encounter someone who gets suspicious and decides to make further enquiries.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I agree just because there was a couple of people with dodgy passports on board doesn't mean it was terrorism. Think of the logistics of it...they'd have had to smuggle explosives on board as the plane would have suffered a catastrophic failure not to issue a mayday call.

I don't know if it was or not, but if it was, that doesn't necessarily mean explosives were used. They may have just killed all on board and crashed the plane into the sea.
This discussion has been closed.