Options

Katy Perry Tour General Discussion

StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
Forum Member
I am going on 23rd of May in Sheffield.

Does anyone know what time she comes on stage? How long does the concert last for?

If anyone does know, could you please post down below.;-)

Thanks. :)

I am so looking forward to it! :)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    When I say what time does she come on stage, I mean when SHE starts and not ICONA POP!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Hi. I have not been to one of her shows but from other concerts that I have been to the main band/artist usually start their show at around 9pm. It might be a better idea to ask this question on Twitter. I think that you may get a more solid response from people who have been to this tour.

I really wish that I has tickets. I'm a big fan. I've been listening to Prism a lot lately. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    When I say what time does she come on stage, I mean when SHE starts and not ICONA POP!

SHE started at 9pm and finished at 11pm :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is a late finish. What time does it finish before encore?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    No idea, encore is only like 4 mins long anyway :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is a late finish. What time does it finish before encore?

I think that 11pm is pretty standard. :)

I hope that you enjoy the show.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I went to see her in Newcastle, she was brilliant. I would defonatialy go and see her again.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Saw her last night and oh my goodness this tour is crazy cool the amount going on in it is insane, got to be honest wasn't expecting it to be half as good as it actually was plus great atmosphere for midweek. There was meant to be a dj between icona pop but they must have overrun as there was no dj , she came on at 9 finished at 11 and pretty much sang all her releases plus international smile. This is how we do and walking on air are real highlights, I still get fustrated by people leaving before the encore and filming the entire things on their phones but it was overall amazing
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    I still get fustrated by people leaving before the encore and filming the entire things on their phones but it was overall amazing

Totally agree! People leaving early makes me so mad >:( I find it quite rude, and hate having to squeeze in so they can walk past. I also refuse to take any photos or videos. Looking through a phone screen means you are missing what's going on onstage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know people had to leave due to the last train to birmingham being 10:40, you would think considering the LG and the train are linked together they would extend train times for the concerts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Has anyone who has been to the concert so far been in the Reflection Section?

Going on Saturday in Glasgow and was wondering the best place to stand.
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know people had to leave due to the last train to birmingham being 10:40, you would think considering the LG and the train are linked together they would extend train times for the concerts

I've missed several encores because of the ridiculous train times at the Birmingham Station. It's a shame as I don't want to miss the encore, considering I've paid £30+ to go and see the artist but, equally, I don't want to be homeless for the night! :(:confused:
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see her in Newcastle, she was brilliant. I would defonatialy go and see her again.

So did I, great show. She came on at about 9.05-9.10, didn't she? Finished exactly two hours later? I heard she finished at about 11.35 in Nottingham the other night-rather late, don't you think, well past most of her fanbases' bedtimes! Enjoy the show, OP-it's a visual spectacular, trust me!:D
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Hydro in Glasgow is the same. It has a station dedicated to the arena but the last train to the city centre is at 11:10. Most shows at The Hydro don't finish until 11. And then there's massive queues for the train. Unless you leave the show early, you're unlikely to make the train. We now get ready to leave pre-encore and leave as the song is ending to make it out. Considering ScotRail are one of the main sponsors of the arena, it's an absolute joke!
  • Options
    punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her at the LG and it was one of the best performance gigs I've seen for a long long time (and that includes Lady GaGa), The money you pay for the ticket is definitely all up on (and around and above) the stage. Again don't try and continually film Katy because you will miss so much that is going on around her.

The encore was two songs though there was a short gap between the two, probably just to pump the crowd up again.

If you can get near the end of the stage that stretches out into the crowd, which is where the reflection section will be, Katy and assorted dancers use it a lot so you will get some great views.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last train to Birmingham wasn't 10:40.

I went to see her, stopped till the end of the show and caught the 11.36 train (and there was another that followed about 10 minutes later).

It was a great show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So annoyed the last train from Manchester Victoria on a Saturday night is at 22:54 so I'm going to have to leave early next week. :(
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going tonight, my excitement is BUZZING!!!
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going on 23rd of May in Sheffield.

Does anyone know what time she comes on stage? How long does the concert last for?

If anyone does know, could you please post down below.;-)

Thanks. :)

I am so looking forward to it! :)

Check with the venue, Friday gigs sometimes start and finish earlier, although mainly in venues where there is a club night afterwards
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    td1983 wrote: »
    So did I, great show. She came on at about 9.05-9.10, didn't she? Finished exactly two hours later? I heard she finished at about 11.35 in Nottingham the other night-rather late, don't you think, well past most of her fanbases' bedtimes! Enjoy the show, OP-it's a visual spectacular, trust me!:D

I was surprised how long she was on for :D. I wouldn't have fancied being there for any longer past 11 though, as for the young fans they would be way past there bed time :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Went to see her last week and thought she was bloody fantastic! I wasn't a huge fan before tbh but she completely won me over. She made it fun, but kept it clean for the kids with no swearing or lewd comments, and her voice was actually very good. It's bright, energetic and loud. Well worth the money.

International Smile and Firework were my two favourites if I had to pick out some best bits. Her acoustic set was very touching too.

Good job Katy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am sooooo looking forward to it! :D

It is a shame she couldn't be on at say 8pm so that people who have to use public transport could see the concert in full
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am sooooo looking forward to it! :D

It is a shame she couldn't be on at say 8pm so that people who have to use public transport could see the concert in full

Most shows start at 9pm but I do understand the frustration. When I went to a show in September we only just made the final train back from London and we stayed for the encore.

Enjoy the show! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Most shows start at 9pm but I do understand the frustration. When I went to a show in September we only just made the final train back from London and we stayed for the encore.

Enjoy the show! :)

Thanks ;-)

She starts at 8.45 and ends between 10.45 and 11.00.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she put on a great show in Liverpool last night but she was slightly late on which meant she had to cut some songs out mainly double rainbow and ghost but I think there was another one as well.