Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I take Hong Kong Dollars"

Piss off along with that stupid song! >:(
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    It has to be the 118 118 break bumper things on itv. They just are not funny. They have some old piece film and they try and link it with the two guys. Not one is funny or makes sense. Very poor.
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is so much worse than the last one! Also what the hell is the guy's name supposed to be?? Gram? They keep saying Gram but that isn't a name?! I have a horrible feeling it is supposed to be the US pronunciation of Graham- another reason to put my foot through the TV when this advert comes on!!!!!>:(

I think you are right. I heard a man on CSI being called Crag, it turned out
    they were saying Craig.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The big problem will come in 5 or 10 years when a new generation of trendy 20-somethings come along and think "Hey, out parents use apple so it must be really uncool". The apple of today is so big and blotted that is won't be able to go back to being the make of the best office/productivity products.

yes because playstation have that problem don't they? after being "cool" for twenty years
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Belvita advert is unbelievably annoying.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is so much worse than the last one! Also what the hell is the guy's name supposed to be?? Gram? They keep saying Gram but that isn't a name?! I have a horrible feeling it is supposed to be the US pronunciation of Graham- another reason to put my foot through the TV when this advert comes on!!!!!>:(

I think it is Graham but I recognised the voiceover in ad - same person that does DAB radio ads (not sure of name - someone help out on that one), I just don't understand what an elephant has to do with this ad let alone it looks like the elephant is his vehicle :confused: and we are told its EPIC FFS get over it with that word that what bugs me more is people are using that word for no real reason - its became more of bad english in my mind! ie I had an EPIC day WTF?>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That injury lawyer with the character Schmidt. What's all that about?
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The last bloke was called "Pheel".>:(
    Who remembers U.S.general Collun Powell, he was Colin ffs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That injury lawyer with the character Schmidt. What's all that about?

because "schmidt" sounds a bit like "shit" which ironically is what the advert is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    the most important snack of the day,
    and victoria plumb (song and naked ppl)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    118 118 - Why the hell would you even call that? The charges are ridiculous! £1.88 per call + £2.57 PER MINUTE. That's already costing £4.45 for just a SINGLE minute! This service is FREE online so why would you even bother ringing them?
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SunLife Insurance.
  • Options
    BeecosyBeecosy Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one else affected by the soundbite of the woman biting into a Magnums choc ice ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This thread would be better off named 'Best advert on the TV at the moment'. The majority of adverts are beyond dire. I have noticed that Spotify have some awful ones. Especially the one in which a woman describes what makes a good audio book.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    @s they are!

Anyone driving and singing as they do on that advert wants a red hot poker shoving up their you know what. They've probably been snorting something illegal - even more reason to do as I've suggested. I'm sure some of these adverts are devised by people with the IQ of a particularly thick chimp.
  • Options
    yowie29yowie29 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    The tampax advert makes me squirm, not cos of the product or the subject matter, its that woman's whiny voice drives me bananas
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple ditched the wretched chicken fat advert, and replaced it with one with a brat screaming. Hate that company.
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,751
    Forum Member
    They have brought back that blooming Seat ad. The music (Fly, high) is stupid, the kid and his dad are stupid, the stupid steering wheel is on the wrong stupid side and most stupid of all is the stupid noise that stupid toy makes.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The_Moth wrote: »
    They have brought back that blooming Seat ad. The music (Fly, high) is stupid, the kid and his dad are stupid, the stupid steering wheel is on the wrong stupid side and most stupid of all is the stupid noise that stupid toy makes.
    Agree with everything there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simple test when watching adverts... can you sing along to a tune? Shake'n'vac is still one of the best adverts ever.

Stale smells from up here.....
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Endless Bingo & Gambling adverts >:(
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Belvita ad. Horrible Kate Nash-lite singer.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belvita ad. Horrible Kate Nash-lite singer.

That ad gets on my last nerve...incredibly annoying! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pets at Home ad with the shit cover of Wannadies' You And Me! >:(
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    That ad gets on my last nerve...incredibly annoying! >:(