Quite profound from Dee speaking to Kellie in garden

MilhauseMilhause Posts: 982
Forum Member
✭✭
Kellie speaking about fighting who he is for years and saying he felt he had "lost" and Dee asking although he felt he had lost but had he won too?

I am liking her more every day......shit!!

From a self proclaimed benefits scrounger hater....

Comments

• vanoravanora Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget she had coaching from the pr agents, so I'm still waiting to her to become real, but time will tell
  • MilhauseMilhause Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vanora wrote: »
    Don't forget she had coaching from the pr agents, so I'm still waiting to her to become real, but time will tell

Yes, but even at that....I feel her advice/support cam from the heart. No amount of pr coaching can bring that out imo.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was like that on Benefits Street she does seem to be very good at listening to people and giving advice :)
  • vanoravanora Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will interesting to see her in action when she forgotten the cameras are there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I'm just watching on the plus one. It is heartbreaking really. No one would go through all that a sex change brings with it unless they had no choice, especially at her age. I also think Dee's advice is from the heart. I only watched one episode of Benefit Street but Dee came across to me as very caring. She looked after some of the more vulnerable people in a very delicate way.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    She was like that on Benefits Street she does seem to be very good at listening to people and giving advice :)
    That's what struck me too.......LISTENING ;)

In a house where they tend not to listen to anything but the sound of their own voices, it was really nice to see :)
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find their chats about as exciting as watching water boil.
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just watching on the plus one. It is heartbreaking really. No one would go through all that a sex change brings with it unless they had no choice, especially at her age. I also think Dee's advice is from the heart. I only watched one episode of Benefit Street but Dee came across to me as very caring. She looked after some of the more vulnerable people in a very delicate way.

Great post. I don't get the hate for Dee, she came across as a caring lady, especially when she helped a neighbour by taking him to hospital with a cancer scare and when he was going to meet his son. I can imagine she would be a loyal friend. Hope I don't end up eating my words (Pauline was my favourite at the start) :D
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »

This. It is nothing to do with coaching and PR. She was exactly like this on Benefits Street when she thought it was a show about community and had no idea how huge the show was going to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I find their chats about as exciting as watching water boil.

Maybe not "exciting".......probably insightful/thought provoking/supportive? :)
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milhause wrote: »
    Yes, but even at that....I feel her advice/support cam from the heart. No amount of pr coaching can bring that out imo.

Absolutely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great post. I don't get the hate for Dee, she came across as a caring lady, especially when she helped a neighbour by taking him to hospital with a cancer scare and when he was going to meet his son. I can imagine she would be a loyal friend. Hope I don't end up eating my words (Pauline was my favourite at the start) :D
    Not you as well? :o:D

I'm backing Dee too :)

I think she's a nice bint who's made some dreadful mistakes for which she's paid dearly and now it's time for her to start living again.

I wish her all the luck :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    She seems extremely genuine so far. I can't help but like her :blush: Kellie is coming across well too.
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Not you as well? :o:D

I'm backing Dee too :)

I think she's a nice bint who's made some dreadful mistakes for which she's paid dearly and now it's time for her to start living again.

I wish her all the luck :cool:

Haha, I also really liked Caroline (from Luke A's year) at first. Maybe not as good a judge of character as I think :D
  • SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. The sheep are buying it hook, line and sinker I see.
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tell us what we are buying exactly oh wise one :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't have any objection to me completely ignoring your patronising old bollocks do you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, I also really liked Caroline (from Luke A's year) at first. Maybe not as good a judge of character as I think :D
    :o

You need help!! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am no bleeding heart (having worked in high security forensic mental health) and could be described as hard nosed.

So what exactly am I "buying into" do you have some insider knowledge of Dee being some sort of worse in the world satan?

Yes, she has made mistakes, I know she was done for fraud etc but maybe she HAS....deep down a nice personality.

Ever did anything stupid...or are you just perfect?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am no bleeding heart (having worked in high security forensic mental health) and could be described as hard nosed.

So what exactly am I "buying into" do you have some insider knowledge of Dee being some sort of worse in the world satan?

Yes, she has made mistakes, I know she was done for fraud etc but maybe she HAS....deep down a nice personality.

Ever did anything stupid...or are you just perfect?
    Pardon me, I didn't specify. I was referencing Kellie. I quite like Dee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pardon me, I didn't specify. I was referencing Kellie. I quite like Dee.

Given my opening post was clearly about the support Dee was giving Kellie is it not the case you are trying to back track.........given the fact that no-one agrees with you?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given my opening post was clearly about the support Dee was giving Kellie is it not the case you are trying to back track.........given the fact that no-one agrees with you?:D
    *badoom-tish!*
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

Why is it that when people stand out as NICE and good housemates from the word go then people start talking about 'chosen ones' and 'fix' - some people simply come over better than others and become a talking point.

I find all this 'chosen one' rubbish a bit silly - and the talk of sheep offensive.

Would you please explain why Dee should be the 'chosen one'. What is to be gained in favouring her or anyone else come to that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll admit I didn't read your opening post! :p I saw a mention of Dee and Kellie's conversation and I thought it was a case of sympathy for the devil, so to speak. Apologies.

ETA: And no one shall read any of my replies but my initial one....
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    That's what struck me too.......LISTENING ;)

In a house where they tend not to listen to anything but the sound of their own voices, it was really nice to see :)

Yep that leapt out at me too Bunions and curvybabes. A housemate that listens - first in 14 years??