Options

What is the nicest thing anyone ever said to you?

Maisy27Maisy27 Posts: 407
Forum Member
It makes us feel great to receive an unexpected sincere compliment, and we'll remember it for a long time. Did someone make your day with a lovely comment?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Aww what a nice thread :)

Unfortunately never happened to me but I've gotten several random positive comments about my jewellery for some reason!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember any, lol....

Erm I think my Biology teacher once said I had "potential" for an A. :)
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maisy27 wrote: »
    What is the nicest thing anyone ever said to you?

Yes....
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my mates once said to me that if he were gay he'd marry me. He was quite drunk I thought it was very sweet.
  • Options
    krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of backstory...I suffer from chronic migraine, which means I'm in migraine pain for anything up to 28 days of every month. The last few years I've basically existed on painkillers. In February this year, I finally got pregnant. Since then, I've not taken any of my migraine painkillers, and only 7 doses of co-dydramol which was prescribed to me by the emergency doc one night. It's been the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I've managed.

A few weeks ago, I was talking about it to my husband and he said "I'm proud of you, you know". Made me cry, but that's easily the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. That alone made all the pain worthwhile. I'm still going to have any painkillers they offer me when I'm in labour though - I'm not that much of a bloody martyr!

Edit: Hmm, reading that back makes it sounds like no-one has ever said anything nice to me! They have, but this meant so much more because of the hell I've been through with the pain over the last 20 years.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You've won three thousand three hundred and twenty four pounds, fifty five pence."

The woman at William Hills a couple of years back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    A number of people have commented that I look much younger than my years - always nice to hear when you're on the downward slope to 50!
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow it's huge
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You're my best friend in the world".

Said by one of my closest friends admittedly when we were drunk and I'd just had a go at him and got really upset over it but it still makes me smile that he said that :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone once told me that I was the most generous person theyd ever met :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    A capoeira teacher once told me that he admired my determination, which meant a lot to me.
  • Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do what you have to , just don't wake me up!!:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one's ever said anything nice. Or maybe I just have a selective memory and remember all the bad stuff. One of the two. I forget which.
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My grandmother used to say when I smiled it was like the sun coming out.....
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'You always smell fantastic'

Heh, to be fair I would be inclined to agree as it is the only positive thing I can comment on about my self. Hey, you need to take pride in something about yourself :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When complaining about my rather generous derrier, my dude stopped me, grabbed both my hands and looked in my eyes and said,
    "Why do you not realise that you're perfect already?"

Don't believe him cos nothing is perfect, but it was lovely all the same and a real boost when I needed it. *gushing* :o:D
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Your fired!

It sent my life in a much better direction! Met new people, retrained, new career!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone told me I am a 'talented photographer'. I'm not, but I appreciated it and I will keep working at it until I am :)

(One day ... maybe ... hopefully)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone once said I looked like a ballet dancer. It was the way I used to carry myself years ago. It was a great compliment!
  • Options
    cliffcollinscliffcollins Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    someone said to me i had a nice smile and should get paid at smiling at people
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been told by a few people that I should be a Model.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your special :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    "You look like Gary Barlow" :o
  • Options
    Flubber.Flubber. Posts: 2,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boyfriend told me he was a better person for meeting me, he as drunk and i had just passed him a beer but still.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My manager said to me , you can take redundancy.

I retired 6 weeks later at the age of 53.