Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2012-13 Season

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have apparently have no strength in-depth but you wouldn't think it with our reserves, beating Spurs 5-1 after 36 minutes.

Adam Campbell scored a hattrick after 33 minutes. Hopefully we have a young star in the making here, I hear he might get a chance on Thursday. I would say take that risk Pardew, with quite a few youngsters. If it doesn't work out we can always redeem ourselfs at home.

Excited for today, do not know what to expect but being at home is a big advantage. Hope Cabayes fit, starting with Gosling would disappoint me. Without being harsh on the lad he's one of the few players I don't rate in our squad, hope he proves me wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Krul, Simpson, Perch, S Taylor, Santon, Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, HBA, Ba, Cisse

Surprised Colo is the only one missing out after what we have been hearing this week. Interesting if Williamson is fully fit and Perch has been chosen ahead of him
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, let's have a good start to the season.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half time. I can see this game working out the same as the Arsenal game last season. 0-0. Just feeling ourselves into the season. Tottenham been the better team. Hopefully we can improve second half.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you beating Spurs at the moment, hope it stays that way :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Nice to see you beating Spurs at the moment, hope it stays that way :)

As do I my friend. :)

Spurs are unlucky to be behind to be honest. Been a real "opening game of the season" kind of game as you'd expect.

20 minutes or so to hang on. :eek::D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to compliment Ba's goal, that was a very lovely goal.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    As do I my friend. :)

Spurs are unlucky to be behind to be honest. Been a real "opening game of the season" kind of game as you'd expect.

20 minutes or so to hang on. :eek::D

I'm afraid I jinxed Liverpool and now it looks like I jinxed yous too :o

I may as well just go to bed! What an awful day :(

EDIT: Lovely pen from Ben Arfa.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't seen it but as it was against them it must have been good.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    I haven't seen it but as it was against them it must have been good.:D

Oh it was great, brilliant control of the ball, and then a wonderful curling effort, one to watch again I would say.
  • geordiejackiegeordiejackie Posts: 3,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great start and just how good is Ben Arfa eh:)
    regards jack
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We didn't really get going today and looked off the pace for first hour. Spurs were unlucky not to take a point at least but 3pts in the bag :D
  • madanglianmadanglian Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilT1808 wrote: »
    We didn't really get going today and looked off the pace for first hour. Spurs were unlucky not to take a point at least but 3pts in the bag :D

Agreed - a better side would have gone in two up at half time.

Also Simpson was dicing with disaster - it was a brave decision of Pards to keep him on when Ryan Taylor could have slotted in at right back.

Speaking of Taylors, good to see Steven Taylor back - lying on the floor to head the ball to Krul. He's come a long way since that "dying swan" incident in that Villa match :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madanglian wrote: »
    Agreed - a better side would have gone in two up at half time.

Also Simpson was dicing with disaster - it was a brave decision of Pards to keep him on when Ryan Taylor could have slotted in at right back.

Speaking of Taylors, good to see Steven Taylor back - lying on the floor to head the ball to Krul. He's come a long way since that "dying swan" incident in that Villa match :rolleyes:

But then again Simpson stopped Lennon (I think) from being straight through on goal. I think fans can be a bit harsh on him sometimes. Tiote played well at points but gave away the ball too many time for my liking.

Anitia looked threatening, looked quite fast. I ain't worried in the slightest with that performance. We beat one of the best teams in the league, a lot of our players were still participating in Ramadan or rumored to miss the match during the week.

Winning against one of the leagues best teams whilst not at our best is exciting :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to congratulate you guys on your victory, you impressed me, I only wish you luck for the rest of the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would just like to congratulate you guys on your victory, you impressed me, I only wish you luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks, good luck for yous too, not that yous will need it :D

Enjoying still being the underdogs, pundits and fans a like still writing us off. But I am sure that would be the case even if we finished top 6 again this season
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Thanks, good luck for yous too, not that yous will need it :D

Enjoying still being the underdogs, pundits and fans a like still writing us off. But I am sure that would be the case even if we finished top 6 again this season

I actually think that you will take that 4th spot this season, Arsenal don't impress me, and Spurs only have Defoe up front, whereas you guys have lots of different options all over the pitch, so I can see you lot playing in the Champions League next season.
    So good luck with your campaign.:D
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright side gets win whilst playing not all that well.

Manchester United...circa - all the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My favourite goal of his yet. It kind of reminded me of Solano's goal against Everton years back the way he just curled it precisely where it needed to go in the top corner. Absolute peach. :)
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I jinxed Liverpool and now it looks like I jinxed yous too :o

I may as well just go to bed! What an awful day :(

EDIT: Lovely pen from Ben Arfa.

I bet that was your plan all along you little tinker. :D
    BigBmad wrote: »
    But then again Simpson stopped Lennon (I think) from being straight through on goal. I think fans can be a bit harsh on him sometimes. Tiote played well at points but gave away the ball too many time for my liking.

Anitia looked threatening, looked quite fast. I ain't worried in the slightest with that performance. We beat one of the best teams in the league, a lot of our players were still participating in Ramadan or rumored to miss the match during the week.

Winning against one of the leagues best teams whilst not at our best is exciting :D

We shouldn't be. These of the kinds of games we're getting good at winning. When we're not pulling our weight as we know we can, and we take advantage of lady luck when it's dealt us. If we're honest, Tottenham should have been leading at half time but that's the game. You have to take your chances and we did it today.

AVB can probably rightfully claim that Tottenham are a better team but I don't think he gave us the credit we deserved for scoring the goals which is surely what football is all about.
  • madanglianmadanglian Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW well done management team on doing the transfer stuff ahead of the deadline. Much better than this transfer deadline day brinkmanship that we have seen in previous seasons.

As per previous posts, another central defender/left back and a forward would be nice ;)

But most of all, any chance of taking the 'phone off the hook on deadline day? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madanglian wrote: »
    BTW well done management team on doing the transfer stuff ahead of the deadline. Much better than this transfer deadline day brinkmanship that we have seen in previous seasons.

As per previous posts, another central defender/left back and a forward would be nice ;)

But most of all, any chance of taking the 'phone off the hook on deadline day? :D

Well quite, the window isn't done yet. I still want to see another full back, center back and even a striker and we'll be fine. :) But there's still plenty of time for a surprise in the window in terms of outgoings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well its been 5 and a half years but tonight we are ready to enter Europe again. This was our last team in Europe

Given, Solano, Bramble, Taylor, Huntington (N'Zogbia 86), Dyer, Butt, Parker, Duff (Emre 59), Sibierski, Martins.
    Subs Not Used: Harper, Luque, Milner, Moore, Carroll.

Only Taylor and Harper surviving. Back on 26th July 2009 we lost 6- 1 to Leyton Orient. At that time to say in 2012 we would be in Europe would be utter crazy. Shows how well this team has done.

My favourite European moment which I can remember has to be this. Losing the first 3 games in the champions league then beating dynamo Kiev and Juventus. Taking us into the last game against Feyenoord knowing we need to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoM4PqsBcF8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So close to going through in that game too. Parker had a perfectly good goal chalked off right at the end but we blew it and we had to put up with the media ripping us to pieces afterwards. Hard times but... here we are again. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harper - Tavernier, Perch, Williamson, RTaylor - Gosling, Bigi, Anita - Obertan, Cisse, Marveaux.

Gosling needs to prove something tonight out of all them for me. Been here a few years now and I say this every game he is in and rarely does he show anything
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosling is always injured isn't he?

Much stronger side than I expected tbh