Options

Hollyoaks - Claire Cooper(Jacqui) leaving

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just saw it on my twitter news feed , so what are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in a few months we're losing Rachel, Emmett, Bronagh AND Claire? :(
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Really?
    My reasons to watch HO grows thin.
    Sad I really liked her
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Mitzeee, Brendan and now Jacqui leaving. Honestly, I think it's good for the show. A nice shake up and perhaps a revolution of Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    superbass88superbass88 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for spoilers,
  • Options
    SophiaK70SophiaK70 Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooo Jacqui Is Hollyoaks In My Opiion
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad news:(

Wish it could have been Jennifer Metcalfe or Jorgi Porter, instead.
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    So much for spoilers,

It's on the main DS Soap page, therefore spoiler tags aren't needed.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news. Claire Cooper is a great actress and hopefully Jacqui will get a memorable, happy ending. The character deserves it.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a460521/hollyoaks-claire-cooper-leaving-jacqui-mcqueen-role.html
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Huge loss to the show. Claire's been outstanding in everything they've given her, especially the rape story. I guess she's been there a long while now, but it's sad that again, such a strong actress is leaving.
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bit suspicious that Rachel (Mitzeee), Emmett (Brendan), Bronagh (Cheryl) and Claire (Jacqui) are all leaving! Hope that they don't lose anymore good characters!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Not remotely surprised, but this is disastrous for Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    could she also leave in march ?
    A show statement teased: "Jacqui's departure comes shortly after the arrival of her former cell-mate, Trudy Ryan, with whom she shares a dark secret. Could she be behind Jacqui's exit from the village?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad news:(

Wish it could have been Jennifer Metcalfe or Jorgi Porter, instead.

Fingers crossed these two will be next! I cant say i'm that bothered i've always found everything about Jacqui to be overrated! With any luck she takes Phoebe with her!
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More details about Jacqui's exit in April!
    While little is known about exactly how Jacqui leaves the village, show bosses have teased that her departure involves "a dramatic effort to bring her family back together".

A show statement teased: "Jacqui's departure comes shortly after the arrival of her former cell-mate, Trudy Ryan, with whom she shares a dark secret. Could she be behind Jacqui's exit from the village?"

Claire has also been doing night shoots this week with Mandip Gill (Phoebe) and James Sutton (John Paul) and a new character!
  • Options
    mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted! Hope Claire Cooper is able to break out and get work elsewhere as she's a huge talent.
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Aww this is a real shame. Imo one of the best actresses in Hollyoaks. :cry:

I suppose it was to be expected what with Emmett gone. :( what on earth is going on at hollyoaks, since Bryan has come in it seems like all the good ones are leaving.:eek:

Gutted.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    So in a year they have lost most of their decent cast I can see a break from HOs occurring in the near future for me
  • Options
    Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why everyone is acting like Hollyoaks will need to take a break etc, yes losing Brendan, Mitzeee, Cheryl and Jacqui within three months is bad and I'm really disappointed as I love Jacqui, but if you think about there is still Tony, Cindy, Darren, Nancy, Esther who are all strong actors/actresses aswell as newer characters like Sienna and Maxine who I think will turn out to be great characters and we also have a new family arriving.
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame she is leaving but the cast is still strong enough imo.
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    So in a year they have lost most of their decent cast I can see a break from HOs occurring in the near future for me

I agree. Its not looking too promising.:(
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on the main DS Soap page, therefore spoiler tags aren't needed.

You should have seen the shit I was given the other day for placing something that was in the title of the DS news feed.

It was like a lamb to the slaughter....... still feeling the injuries now.

:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don`t watch HO much, but i thought she was one of if not their strongest actors
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    So in a few months we're losing Rachel, Emmett, Bronagh AND Claire? :(

The strongest actors in the show IMO. Gutted over here :(
  • Options
    Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a real shame for me. I enjoyed Jacqui as a character because she actually had depth to her. A lot of the new characters are too one dimensional to me, not to mention the transplants their personalities suddenly go through. I can't say many of the leftover characters strike me as remotely interesting. With the exception of those already mentioned like Nancy, Esther, Tony etc. I think Martha needs more attention to as again she has some depth and character about her. Anyway, good luck to Claire!
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo :mad::cry:

Will miss her!