Anastacia diagnosed with Breast Cancer for the second time

hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Posted on Anastacia's FB Page
Anastacia Forced To Cancel European Tour

Anastacia has sadly been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time after having successfully survived her 2003 battle with the disease. Consequently she has been forced to cancel all performances, tours and any travel from now until further notice. Anastacia was excited about her forthcoming European tour which was due to start April 6th in London. "I feel so awful to be letting down all my amazing fans who were looking forward to 'It's A Man's World Tour'. It just breaks my heart to disappoint them" she said.

Anastacia will continue the writing and recording of her new album despite her diagnosis and hopes to schedule a new tour as soon as possible. Now more then ever, she is determined to live by her motto “Don't ever let cancer get the 'Best of You!'” A born survivor, Anastacia has one goal and that is to make a full recovery with the support of her family, friends and everyone around her.

Please respect her need for privacy during such a trying time.

All tickets for the tour can be refunded from the point of purchase.

https://www.facebook.com/Anastacia/posts/10151354496663127

This is extremely sad news! Hope she kicks cancers ass again! What can I say she is a fighter! My prayers are with you Anastacia

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devastating. :'(
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful news for such a young woman who has already fought and won the battle once.

I'm sure everyone is sending positive thoughts and hoping she beats it again
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's terrible news, I remember being glad to hear she beat it first time around. Hopefully she manages to fight it successfully again and has all the support she needs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That is such dreadful news. Hope she stays positive & strong & beats this bastard disease once more.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's awful news. Always such a lively and likeable person in interviews. She's beaten it once, I'm sure she'll beat it again.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's awful news. Always such a lively and likeable person in interviews. She's beaten it once, I'm sure she'll beat it again.

This.

With bells on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Absolutely terrible news. Hopefully she will stay positive and keep fighting x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear, hope she can overcome this illness again! Best of luck to her. X
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a horrible pit of stomach feeling when I hear someone has cancer for the second time. It is such a horrible disease, fingers and toes crossed that she can recover fully again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news. Doesn't she also have Crohn's disease? (That's horrible in itself).
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gooby wrote: »
    I have a horrible pit of stomach feeling when I hear someone has cancer for the second time. It is such a horrible disease, fingers and toes crossed that she can recover fully again.

She had it in 2003, thats a long time to be clear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That really is devastating news for her. I really hope she kicks cancer's butt for a second time.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful news, poor Anastacia.

Praying for her, hope she beats it xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Poor Anastasia. I wish her well and hope she recovers again.
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great artist great voice.

Beat the shit outta it, Anastacia.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely lady

I sincerely wish her all the very best.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is very sad news and I wish her a speedy recovery. Chances are, at least I hope, they got it really early. A woman who has battled beast cancer like Anastacia has would have been having regular check ups so we have to hope they spotted it quickly.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is sad news - I wish Anastacia all the best for a full recovery.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Sad news. Doesn't she also have Crohn's disease? (That's horrible in itself).

She does yeah.
    She's such a strong person, I'm rooting for her.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gooby wrote: »
    I know someone who had 13 years between cancer diagnoses. He's over 4 years on from the second bout and still standing. It's devastating news, but it's not necessarily a death sentence. I wish Anastacia a full and speedy recovery.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news :( she seems a strong person, so I hope she'll be able to beat it.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Hopefully it's been picked up early again as before and I expect she's been monitored over the last 10 years, as getting it early is the key. In younger women it can be aggressive but as someone else said it doesn't have to be a death sentence - it can be treated and managed if not cured.

All the best Anastasia - woman with a great voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news. I hope she makes a speedy, full recovery
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A blog has been set up for messages and the like. If you want to submit a message of support please use the e-mail address on the bottom of this page, it doesn't have to be long.

http://staystronganastacia.wordpress.com

Thanks x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest from her:

I'll B going quiet 4 a while,as I approach the intense part of my treatment. dont worry thx 4 all the support, stay tuned 4 an update.

Really hope she will be ok :(