After all these years, the Charmed cast are still sniping at each other!

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,260
Forum Member

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Holly and Shannen's tweets kind of confirm what Alyssa said about it being like high school :)

At least she was more complimentary to Doherty than she was to her.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed that anyone cares at all any more!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Charmed is my baby.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have lost count of the number of people who have worked with Shannen and said she was a nightmare!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I think Holly and Shannen's tweets kind of confirm what Alyssa said about it being like high school :)

At least she was more complimentary to Doherty than she was to her.

Yeah, they didn't do a great job of disproving the comment. I'm glad they all value the show, though. I'd be disappointed if they trashed or dismissed it.

I don't really want to side with any of them because I doubt it's black and white. Shannon is known to be difficult, but I can totally imagine Alyssa being quite entitled and Holly (intentionally or not) ganging up with Shannon because of their friendship. It must have felt very "me vs. them" for Alyssa. It's tough to not enter something with neutral parties.
  • freaky_fridayfreaky_friday Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I'd be disappointed if they trashed or dismissed it.

Sadly, Shannon did. She said something along the lines of she was sick of making television for 12 year olds. Not sure if this was before or after she left!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Buffy > Charmed. Fact.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, Shannon did. She said something along the lines of she was sick of making television for 12 year olds. Not sure if this was before or after she left!
    There was a feeling the show was treated like a cash cow with little investment from the powers that be who were just happy to have it safely plod along. That seems to be the frustration expressed by all the actresses at some point. And that is what I think Shannon's comments were about.

Over the course of the first three season Brad Kern got rid of everyone with any clout. Constance M. Burge the creator had already been pushed out. Shannon was the only actress with any influence and involvement in the shows production and had already fought the bosses over the way the show was treated and wanted it to be more ambitious (like similar shows of the time). She was gone soon after.

From the way all the actresses talk you get the feeling it was a show they all loved more than the people in higher positions who really didn't care and had zero interest in making a great tv show. As long as it was reliably filling it's slot that's all that mattered. By the final season they seemed so fed up by the contempt shown by the bosses they didn't seem to care who knew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    FunkyJawa wrote: »
    Buffy > Charmed. Fact.

The Wombles > Buffy
    FACT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    QuincyMD wrote: »
    The Wombles > Buffy
    FACT

:D:D:D
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Alyssa.
    I've had a huge crush on her for years.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched that and can't fathom how anyone could find fault with what Alyssa said here :confused:. As someone else posted what happened on twitter backs up what Alyssa said tbh.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I've just watched that and can't fathom how anyone could find fault with what Alyssa said here :confused:. As someone else posted what happened on twitter backs up what Alyssa said tbh.

Yeah, I thought Alyssa's answers were very mature, and she didn't say anything bad about anyone.

The tweets were a bit too catty compared to Alyssa's comments.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I have lost count of the number of people who have worked with Shannen and said she was a nightmare!!!

I think every show she worked on she was either asked to leave or she left after 'creative differences', which basicly translates as 'you're too much of a pain to work with -- you're fired!'

I always thought Alyssa was the more positive one. She seems very friendly, approachable and upbeat. Guess being a child-star doesn't have to create a monster like it did Shannon......
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member

I think every show she worked on she was either asked to leave or she left after 'creative differences', which basicly translates as 'you're too much of a pain to work with -- you're fired!'

I always thought Alyssa was the more positive one. She seems very friendly, approachable and upbeat. Guess being a child-star doesn't have to create a monster like it did Shannon......