Options

Who is his Daddy? ED possible spoliers

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
On the episode guide for Friday 18 April is states that "James is surprised to hear Adam is 22"

Could James be his Daddy?

Comments

• Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    How does he not know how old his "Nephew" is already? -_=
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James and John fell out because James and Moira got jiggy with it before Adam was born.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    James and John fell out because James and Moira got jiggy with it before Adam was born.

And yet John never thought to bring that up when he found out Moira was 'at it again' with Cain. :confused:
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If James is his dad maybe he will do us all a favour and move to another farm far away and take himself, Adam and his 3 sons with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    RuthStar wrote: »
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    And yet John never thought to bring that up when he found out Moira was 'at it again' with Cain. :confused:

I am guessing he never found out about the affair.

I was kind of hoping that James and Moiras little thing happen before she was with John or at least really early in the relationship. But I guess this confirms that it was a full blown affair sometime after John/Moira got marriage considering Holly is older than Adam(I think)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylva wrote: »

I was kind of hoping that James and Moiras little thing happen before she was with John or at least really early in the relationship. But I guess this confirms that it was a full blown affair sometime after John/Moira got marriage considering Holly is older than Adam(I think)

I think/hope so too. But in that case we don't yet know why John and James had such a bad falling out 20 years ago do we? :confused:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like another unimaginative storyline, predicted by quite a few posters, as soon as it was announced that James Barton would turn up in the show.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    John never found out about what ever happened between Moira and James. That was stated during a private conversation out in the barn while he was doing his creepy stalker thing. James said something like "and John didn't even know.." Still don't know what made John and James fall out so bad that James didn't even turn up to the funeral or even get a mention. He doesn't seem to regret missing the last years of his brother's life at all, he has his feet under the table on John's farm with John's widow.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so very much hoping that this wasn't going to happen. Of all the storylines in Emmerdale the James/Moira thing is the only one I find boring to watch. James/Moira is really predictable, cliched rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    samcains90 wrote: »
    I was so very much hoping that this wasn't going to happen. Of all the storylines in Emmerdale the James/Moira thing is the only one I find boring to watch. James/Moira is really predictable, cliched rubbish.

Mhmm, I'm hoping that they're at least going to give it some sort of exciting twist. Like make him turn into being obsessed with Moira and turn into a proper stalker. She and Cain are engaged, so maybe they could have James do something on their wedding day.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

This is what I don't get. If Moira had already cheated on John with his brother why the hell didn't he bring it up after the Cain affair? You would of thought John would of relished in taunting Moira about it. Unless John didnt know about the affair and him and James fell out about something else. But I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Mhmm, I'm hoping that they're at least going to give it some sort of exciting twist. Like make him turn into being obsessed with Moira and turn into a proper stalker. She and Cain are engaged, so maybe they could have James do something on their wedding day.

Agreed, then soon after he can be got rid of while keeping 2 of his sons.
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylva wrote: »

Adam is the eldest.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    Adam is the eldest.

Nope - Holly is the eldest.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would have made Holly James's child instead of Adam because to me it looks like all Moira did is cheat on poor John: his own brother fathering his son! Holly is a year older than Adam which means Moira would have had to cheat on John when Holly was a baby.

So this makes Holly and Hannah Adam's half-sisters and first cousins and Ross, Finn and Pete his half-brothers. No wonder why Chas is so interested considering that her half-brother is also her first cousin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale's family trees make my brain hurt :D:D
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    Adam is the eldest.

No he's not he's younger. But for ages I thought Adam was the eldest as he looked and acted more mature than Holly.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care for Adam so not really bothered but out of the new Bartons I do like Finn and I also like cheeky chappie Ross...

Pete on the other hand is a down right borefest...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    No he's not he's younger. But for ages I thought Adam was the eldest as he looked and acted more mature than Holly.

Emmerdale Wiki has the following dates of birth :

Holly - 25/5/91
    Adam - 21/4/92
    Hannah - 21/8/94

So yes, Holly is the oldest.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuthStar wrote: »

The men of Emmerdale are quite unable to put 2 and 2 together when a baby's born 9 months after their affair with the mum. Or at least James and Zak apparently are?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The men of Emmerdale are quite unable to put 2 and 2 together when a baby's born 9 months after their affair with the mum. Or at least James and Zak apparently are?

And Bob didn't even suspect Donna's daughter being Marlon's, despite her giving birth 9 months after leaving him :D