Options

Bottom 3 predictions - Rod Stewart week

mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I detest Rod Stewart and his gravelly voice so I am not looking forward to this week. Surely it is Ace's time to say goodbye. He's been lucky to stay as long as he has. Bottom 3 is getting harder to predict but I'll have a stab at Paris, Ace and Katharine.

Comments

• Options
    lorne.tlorne.t Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ace is a shoe in.
    Elliot and Paris would be my other two choices.
    I don't think Paris shoud be there but she's lost a lot of popularity over the last few weeks.
    Has to be Ace's farewell performance this week...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They aren't singing Rod's songs anyway.
    It's the American standards he's covered for his last few albums so it's going to be quite an "Easy listening" evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I'm soooo glad they aren't doing Rod Stewart songs (what type of WTF? show would THAT have turned into!?!?). I really dislike Rod Stewart for so many reasons...

I love the standards. The best-male-singer-in-the-world David McAlmont's standards album "Set One - You Go To My Head" has been on my iPod since I bought it last year - FANTASTIC!!!

I'm looking forward to this. Does anyone know what they are singing yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    ace, elliot and paris with elliot going
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that Elliot will once again be in the bottom three. He seems to be a very nice person but I don't think he will have much support from the American public.
    I don't think Paris will be one of the three this week. If she picks a bluesey song she will be O.K.
    I think Ace will be up for the boot again together with Katherine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ace, Elliott and Paris
  • Options
    MothToAFlameMothToAFlame Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Paris Elliott and Taylor
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be extremely surprised if anyone but Ace, Elliott, Paris and Katharine were in the bottom 3. Taylor, Chris or Kellie's huge fanbases would have to slip up something chronic.

Personally I'd guess the bottom three to be:

1. Elliott
    2. Paris
    3. Ace

in that order (so Ace leaving)
  • Options
    AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't the American public like Elliot? He is the best singer on the program. I am always surprised to see him with the bottom 3. :confused:
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    Marrows wrote:
    I'm soooo glad they aren't doing Rod Stewart songs (what type of WTF? show would THAT have turned into!?!?). I really dislike Rod Stewart for so many reasons...

I love the standards. The best-male-singer-in-the-world David McAlmont's standards album "Set One - You Go To My Head" has been on my iPod since I bought it last year - FANTASTIC!!!

I'm looking forward to this. Does anyone know what they are singing yet?

The only song choice I know of...and I think confirmed is Elliotts. He's singing, 'It had to be you'

As for the other's...Take your pick. The following is a list of Rod's 4 'standards' albums. Thanks MJ.. ;)
    So Take your pick!!

1. You Go To My Head
    2. They Can't Take That Away From Me
    3. The Way You Look Tonight
    4. It Had To Be You
    5. That Old Feeling
    6. These Foolish Things
    7. The Very Thought Of You
    8. Moonglow
    9. I'll Be Seeing You
    10. Every Time We Say Goodbye
    11. The Nearness Of You
    12. For All We Know
    13. We'll Be Together Again
    14. That's All

1. Time After Time
    2. I'm In The Mood For Love
    3. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
    4. Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
    5. 'Till There Was You
    6. Until The Real Thing Comes Along
    7. Where Or When
    8. Smile
    9. My Heart Stood Still
    10. Someone To Watch Over Me
    11. As Time Goes By
    12. I Only Have Eyes For You
    13. Crazy She Calls Me
    14. Our Love Is Here To Stay

1. Embraceable You
    2. For Sentimental Reasons
    3. Blue Moon
    4. What A Wonderful World
    5. Stardust
    6. Manhattan
    7. 'S Wonderful
    8. Isn't It Romantic
    9. I Can't Get Started
    10. But Not For Me
    11. A Kiss To Build A Dream On
    12. Baby, It's Cold Outside
    13. Night And Day
    14. A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

1. I've Got A Crush On You
    2. I Wish You Love
    3. You Send Me
    4. Long Ago And Far Away
    5. Makin' Whoopee
    6. My One And Only Love
    7. Taking A Chance On Love
    8. My Funny Valentine
    9. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
    10. Nevertheless
    11. Blue Skies
    12. Let's Fall In Love
    13. Thanks For The Memory

Steph
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said in another thread that i would like to hear Katharine singing either "The Nearness Of You " or "Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered".
    I think it could be a good week for her this week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lorne.t wrote:
    I said in another thread that i would like to hear Katharine singing either "The Nearness Of You " or "Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered".
    I think it could be a good week for her this week

Yeah, Katherine has a chance to shine this week, Not fussed on the choices though...I actually have read she is doing BB&B....but as it's not confirmed.....

We shall see...Roll on tomorrow night!

Steph
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Katharine do "Smile". I think she could nail a performance of any song in this week's genre as could Elliott and Taylor.

I don't get Paris personally though I can see why some might like her. I can't stand Kellie and can't see how anyone could possibly rate her. Ace has his obvious appeal but he's generally been disappointing. I think this is one week when Chris might struggle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FrankieB wrote:
    I think this is one week when Chris might struggle.

I want him to sing, 'Baby, it's cold outside'...
    ...then I can scream at the TV..."Put a hat on!"

OK, that was not even funny in the slightest...but it's been a long day!

To put this thread back on topic....I'll pick my bottom 3 after watching tomorrow evening....I don't want to be premature.
    As much as I would love to say Ace is a cert...Knowing what has happened with himself in recent weeks, he may step up and surprise us all!!

Steph
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skf1 wrote:
    As much as I would love to say Ace is a cert...Knowing what has happened with himself in recent weeks, he may step up and surprise us all!!

I thought he was surprisingly good in the country week so who knows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Absolutely wrote:
    Why don't the American public like Elliot? He is the best singer on the program. I am always surprised to see him with the bottom 3. :confused:

I'm only a tiny portion of the American public, but I really like Elliot. I normally don't read all the Idol reviews/news, but had the opportunity this week (a.k.a. "stuck in a waiting room"). The magazines all have Elliot tabbed as a "nice, funny-looking guy w/a decent voice and no stage presence." My guess is that people reading that would switch to someone elst that they liked that was pegged as having better chances.

I'm hoping Elliot gets far enough that he's offered a record contract. I'd be happy to buy his or Taylor's -- love both their voices. (I like Chris's voice, too, but not his music choices.)
  • Options
    AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks TS J, and i agree with you on this:
    I'm hoping Elliot gets far enough that he's offered a record contract.
  • Options
    sange62sange62 Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I LOVE Elliott- I can't believe he's ever been in the bottom 3.

For me the bottom 3 should be

Ace
    Paris
    Kellie-

with Ace going... no two ways about it!
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that they are going through song choices like crazy and most are on their 4th choices. Something about songs not being released to perform, remember these songs go way back and they are having trouble getting clearance. I cannot imagine what these guys are being put through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    skf1 wrote:
    The only song choice I know of...and I think confirmed is Elliotts. He's singing, 'It had to be you'

As for the other's...Take your pick. The following is a list of Rod's 4 'standards' albums. Thanks MJ.. ;)
    So Take your pick!!

Steph

Thanks Steph! I didn't realise Rod had done four standards albums... must be short of money...

I hope Chris goes all soft again and sings "The Way You Look Tonight" - it would give me goosebumps.

Elliott could do amazing performances of a lot of these - but I'd love to hear him to "My Funny Valentine" or "Night and Day".

It's all going to be about the song choices once again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was at this stage in season 3 where Fantasia,Latoya and Jennifer where in the bottom 3,the 3 favourites!So who knows,maybe this week we will see Chris,Kellie and Taylor in the bottom 3!That i would love to see!as long as chris is safe of course :)