Options

Boycott China (disturbing)

83ray183ray1 Posts: 2,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2734668/Shocking-film-shows-diners-eating-part-fried-fish-alive.html

This is gross :mad: :cry:

I am aware that our farming methods aren't the most humane, but this is just on another level totally.

Its right up there with bullfighting.

Comments

• Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need to look to imagine - many cultures do things I do not agree with, the most we can hope to do is educate them to do better. I'm not sure what else can be done even if we condemn the actions there is little we can do about it. :( Makes me despair of mankind really :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just China.

I believe in Japan they take slices off living fish and leave the fish swimming in tanks.
  • Options
    TuXTuX Posts: 222
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In regard to the first video, I think we simply have to accept that some cultures are different.

As vegetarian I think the idea of eating the flesh of an animal is barbaric, but I am aware that people have grown up in a culture that killing living creatures to eat their flesh is considered acceptable.

(actually perhaps this should be moved to GD as it is little to do with pets)
  • Options
    TuXTuX Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    I wont accept any culture that enjoys watching an animal dying on there dinner plate most of the chinese are a bunch of bloody weirdos but no one will do anything because china owns america
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Not just China.

I believe in Japan they take slices off living fish and leave the fish swimming in tanks.

so the fish is swimming upside down and trailing blood everywhere in th tank, until the tank becomes a massive soup of fish scales, blood and guts?

its hard to believe, im not calling you a liar or saying you must have dreamt it but - really? is that true?