Don't agree at all.
    Disagree.
    There are a few on the show that would aptly describe though
    Agree.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the judges are mellow this year. This show wouldn't be out of place in CBeebies.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the lack of a divisive novelty act in the line-up. It wouldn't surprise me if clowns like Rylan, Jedward and Wagner were the root of 20% of activity in previous years and that's missing this year.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Apparently doing worse than Strictly and even Downton Abbey. There is a thread about ratings with more details.

Strictly and Downton are very successful shows. TXF can't touch either of them anymore ratings wise! :roll eyes:
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Me too.

Like you, there were quite a large number that defended him on here.

There's no one to either defend or annoy this year LOL!

:)
    I know yeah. Abi is probably the most polarizing this series, I've seen lots of negative comments about her the same as Rylan last year but not as much defence for her.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess some people who kept saying "I'm never gonna watch this show again" actually meant it. Joke acts have been integrated to the show so well that losing them this year is like losing a limb.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    I guess some people who kept saying "I'm never gonna watch this show again" actually meant it. Joke acts have been integrated to the show so well that losing them this year is like losing a limb.

I thought Souli Roots was a cert for the live shows....I was really surprised when I heard there was no novelty act this year.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I thought Souli Roots was a cert for the live shows....I was really surprised when I heard there was no novelty act this year.

Seeing how Lorna and Shelley panned out, she's terribly missed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Seeing how Lorna and Shelley panned out, she's terribly missed.

Which suggests to me that the producers are incompetent and not clever this year. They've selected a pretty awful final 12.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie wouldn't have been any more entertaining than anyone there this year. Paul would have been good though.

She may not have a personality like Jedward or Rylan, but she was certainly discussed a hell of a lot on this site. Since discussing is what we do here, she would've helped give the forum a boost, like she did throughout the audition process.
    Boselecta wrote: »
    It's the lack of a divisive novelty act in the line-up. It wouldn't surprise me if clowns like Rylan, Jedward and Wagner were the root of 20% of activity in previous years and that's missing this year.

I disagree that we're in need of a novelty act - we're in need of variety.

They had the perfect chance to choose a wide variety in the Overs category. Two of Andrea/Joseph/Zoe and one of Lorna/Sam/Shelley would've been a great mix. Instead, they put the same act in the live shows three times over.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is dying. Lowest ever Sunday rating this week.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking that the forum is far quieter this year.

Anyway, I want to throw something out there. There is no strong vocalist in the competition who has any kind of tangible journey to go on. The stronger ones are solidly strong and it feels as though it will just continue to be as so.

Which is why I liked some of the ones who didn't go through who were strong vocally but had something clear to grow.

It's part of why I like Melanie, a strong, polished vocalist who has something clear to work on (stage presence). Brilliant! or not as they decided that's not what we want this year.

We want a generic R&B singer who has an above average voice but is ultimately generic, a fairly strong sole singer who is slightly annoying, a bunch of boys who have nothing to offer (well too me anyway, I guess they forgot that guys can like good male vocalists) and a bunch of groups who are to be frank, a shambles. Which is a shame as I had high expectations for Rough Copy.

I also don't find Tamera and Hannah all that compelling or interesting. Tamera is basically a cutout of whats already in the charts (and with press reports, not the kind of person I could ever warm too) and Hannah while my favourite left in the competition hasn't appealed enough to me in order for me to get behind her.

Sam (prison) is strong vocally but I cannot see myself ever purchasing anything she puts out. The boys are very poor and exist to look pretty to teenage girls and the groups are a total let down.

It all makes for a very lackluster series really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    I was thinking that the forum is far quieter this year.

Anyway, I want to throw something out there. There is no strong vocalist in the competition who has any kind of tangible journey to go on. The stronger ones are solidly strong and it feels as though it will just continue to be as so.

Which is why I liked some of the ones who didn't go through who were strong vocally but had something clear to grow.

It's part of why I like Melanie, a strong, polished vocalist who has something clear to work on (stage presence). Brilliant! or not as they decided that's not what we want this year.

We want a generic R&B singer who has an above average voice but is ultimately generic, a fairly strong sole singer who is slightly annoying, a bunch of boys who have nothing to offer (well too me anyway, I guess they forgot that guys can like good male vocalists) and a bunch of groups who are to be frank, a shambles. Which is a shame as I had high expectations for Rough Copy.

I also don't find Tamera and Hannah all that compelling or interesting. Tamera is basically a cutout of whats already in the charts (and with press reports, not the kind of person I could ever warm too) and Hannah while my favourite left in the competition hasn't appealed enough to me in order for me to get behind her.

Sam (prison) is strong vocally but I cannot see myself ever purchasing anything she puts out. The boys are very poor and exist to look pretty to teenage girls and the groups are a total let down.

It all makes for a very lackluster series really.

I bet the producers are tearing their hair out now as they know they screwed up at bootcamp and Judges House. The TV ratings speak for themselves (as do things like Youtube views). The prime focus for the show is supposed to be ratings and if even those have gone down the Swanee, then they're really in trouble.....they must know by now that they selected a terrible bunch of finalists who appear to appeal to no-one.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't even have the energy (or desire) to post threads like this:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1559890

:(
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There does seem to be fewer new threads going up :confused:

If Kingsland Road go through next week, there will be a new bottom two, so hopefully the forum will perk up a bit ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there isn't anyone controversial in this year.. they are all so bland :(
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    There does seem to be fewer new threads going up :confused:

If Kingsland Road go through next week, there will be a new bottom two, so hopefully the forum will perk up a bit ;)

They will probably get a sufficient Survivor's Bounce to stay out of the bottom two
  • Options
    twsstwss Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    It's really, really dull. The only way it can recover is to hire Wagner as a host, judge and (winning) contestant.
  • Options
    bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two eliminations were fairly predictable but it should start to heat up from this point onwards as favourites start getting pulled into the bottom two with the flash vote.
  • Options
    twsstwss Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    The flash vote makes it even worse because there's now no possibility of a favourite losing. The judges know exactly what the consequences of their decisions will be so clowns like Mongsland Road will stay until the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twss wrote: »
    The flash vote makes it even worse because there's now no possibility of a favourite losing. The judges know exactly what the consequences of their decisions will be so clowns like Mongsland Road will stay until the end.

That's exactly right, whoever thought up flashvote just killed the suspense the series had if any. Ratings will suffer because of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjbir wrote: »
    That's exactly right, whoever thought up flashvote just killed the suspense the series had if any. Ratings will suffer because of it.

Right now, the one hour Sunday "results" show is about finding the name of a single act to go into the sing off (and we already know who finished last)....it's a complete nonsense.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No panto villain this year.

Christopher Maloney!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Right now, the one hour Sunday "results" show is about finding the name of a single act to go into the sing off (and we already know who finished last)....it's a complete nonsense.

And the judges know what the 'deadlock' result is before they vote, they really must think the public are complete fools. People switch off when crap like this is offered up, its like listening to politicians talk.....total BS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjbir wrote: »
    And the judges know what the 'deadlock' result is before they vote, they really must think the public are complete fools. People switch off when crap like this is offered up, its like listening to politicians talk.....total BS.

Even if one of the supposedly big names ended up in the sing off, we know that the judges would save them so there is no tension whatsoever (especially as there is no deadlock now). It's no wonder ratings for the Sunday show are dropping fast (just as they are for the Saturday one).