Options

Doctor Who Website change this afternoon?

13»

Comments

• Options
    TailsFoxTailsFox Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »
    Why not give us a quick quiz while we're all just sitting here? :D

I would of, but i got so bored i went to bed. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changing the look of a site has nothing to do with the server or config. It's just a case of replacing a few HTML, CS, JS and .SWF files.
    I do feel that you are talking very simplistically about a website that has to cope with millions of hits, and contains a lot of video clips etc, with new content, rewritten and no doubt restructured. As The Slug says, it's not going to be comparable to a small website or any personal webspace.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »
    Click on the "Archive" link. :)

Oh, I know, but that counts as 'banished' to me.

G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow it does not look good

its all confusing and everything, i miss the old one it was really simple, really clear

i hope they arent gonna get rid of the page where its one massive picture, a quote, and then across the side stuff like the fear factor and the behind the scenes stuff, i really liked those
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote: »
    Saw it this morning and not as keen. It feels a bit more restricted.

Not only does the classic series seem to have been banished, but so do series 1-3 :eek:

Plus I don't like the font and general design which looks a bit old-fashioned, though I appreciate the format is more suited to varied content.

G

I believe they did say only Series 4 pages would get the new look for now with the older stuff getting updated in the following weeks/months.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a look-I like it-looks a lot easier to use. The Banner across the top is a lot more visable for a start.
  • Options
    TailsFoxTailsFox Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took a look, its alright, but it think i prefer the old layout, i'm not sure... :confused::rolleyes::confused:;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont like it, it looks like its made for kids, when the show isnt just for kids.
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    The old site was old fashioned and not content-rich. The new site is a marked improvement, with clear links and a more polished appearance.
    Well done Beeb:D:)
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    cobaltmale wrote: »
    Saw it this morning and not as keen. It feels a bit more restricted.

Not only does the classic series seem to have been banished, but so do series 1-3 :eek:

Plus I don't like the font and general design which looks a bit old-fashioned, though I appreciate the format is more suited to varied content.

G

Click on the ARCHIVE link on the far right of the menu banner and you'll be transported back to the "old" website.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    Click on the ARCHIVE link on the far right of the menu banner and you'll be transported back to the "old" website.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=22708623&postcount=54

G
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    i just had a look and i like it although the links at the top for different sections look like the came straight of the the 1990's