Options

Big Bro Mini-me Beds Chanelle (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    A lot of people look at the Perez Hilton blog, true.
    But surely nobody is daft enough to form an opinion based on it? :eek:

I don't really see how this silly story impinges on Chanelle's 'reputation' anyway?

The only quotes attributed to Chanelle say that Verne is a real ladies man, and a lovely guy. Nothing about her finding him attractive or hot. And certainly nothing about spending the night with him.
    That all comes from the Star.

And as I've said before, if Chanelle is asked about it, I'm sure she'll poo poo it, or make a joke of it.
    But until then, there's no need for her to comment.
    Look at where this is getting reported.
    Its now a story going around the world.

Not because the world are particularly interested in chanelle but more likely because vernes minime has become as iconic as austin powers.
    People outside of this country will likely just see this as yet another quest by minime who already has a reputation.
    Inside this country I fail to see how this helps chanelle.
    Its clearly not seen by the public as nothing more than a few comments otherwise this story would not still be doing the rounds on the net.
    You may be wise enough to see DS stories as nothing but BS but many do believe the headlines of a story.

Isint this the same thing Jades PR does..create stories that shock and astound..for a while people bought into it till the bubble burst and now most I think would just wish she would go away,in chanelles case we have a manager that is making it look like chanelle is at best an easy lay..is this what chanelle wants?

We know Reads reputation and thats without the dodgy connection to the star and big brother.
    So far Chanelle seems to have been happy with his methods..I would have thought this was a step to far.
    If it isint a step to far in chanelles eyes then I guess she deserves the fall thats coming her way,and I would say the same thing about my favourite hms..if your happy to grab publicity in this way then you will expect to be brought down with a huge bump.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remaha wrote: »
    Emptybox, this might turn out to be Chanelle's claim to fame.

There's a pretty good chance that she'll never be able to throw this monkey off her back, that every time she's mentioned in the future it will be as the 'tart' who slept with a dwarf to try to make it in Hollywood (and probably didn't get the part anyway).

We know it isn't true, but we also know that stories like this have a habit of sticking and if it does, it has impinged upon her reputation.

Let the tabloids have their fun - they will anyway. At this rate, you could be under suspicion for giving them ideas:D
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true then I think that it disgusting in the extreme. To lower ones self to such an extent that one would sleep with a deranged freak for some column inches is just horrible.

I really thought that Verne had more class than this and surely he does not need the publicity as much as all that.

It is a truely sad incident and I only hope that he is not stigmatised or traumatised because of it.

What was he thinking.
  • Options
    Mystery BlondeMystery Blonde Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    If this is true
    Erm, I don't think there's anyone on this thread who seriously thinks it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true then I think that it disgusting in the extreme. To lower ones self to such an extent that one would sleep with a deranged freak for some column inches is just horrible.

I really thought that Verne had more class than this and surely he does not need the publicity as much as all that.

It is a truely sad incident and I only hope that he is not stigmatised or traumatised because of it.

What was he thinking.
    Hear! Hear! The man's standards have dropped. What a tragic error of judgement on his part.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally66 wrote: »
    Hear! Hear! The man's standards have dropped. What a tragic error of judgement on his part.

The online articles have been removed ... I expect DR has been on the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dubguy wrote: »
    Yeah right..I dont think.
    That weasel has a reputation for exactly this type of thing.
    Bit late to act like the concerned agent now the story has hit international headlines..Anyone that fails to see the connection with the star and read must not want to see the obvious.

Id like to think chanelle had something to do with the removal but i doubt it,not much point in shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DR should be enjoined as a defendent in the case! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Out of interest, has the page with the photo of Lucy Pinder and Verne disappeared too? I've had a look on the site but don't know how to search for a picture (or front page?) rather than text.
  • Options
    abs2512againabs2512again Posts: 257
    Forum Member

I doubt it :yawn: As at the end of the day this is the man who promoted Jordans sextape. He put it out there:rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it :yawn: As at the end of the day this is the man who promoted Jordans sextape. He put it out there:rolleyes:;)[/QUOTE

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/02/creepy-new-couple-alert-chanelle-hayes-and-verne-troyer/
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of interest, has the page with the photo of Lucy Pinder and Verne disappeared too? I've had a look on the site but don't know how to search for a picture (or front page?) rather than text.

I think the front page pics only stay on the site for a week?

Was there a story with Verne and Lucy? I only saw the cover pic. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the front page pics only stay on the site for a week?

Was there a story with Verne and Lucy? I only saw the cover pic. :D
    No story, just the picture. Wasn't it linked to the Verne was the real winner story?? I thought it might give a clue as to which side the Star was responding to in removing the stories (if any). If I were part of Verne's management I wouldn't be over-thrilled at the suggestion that Chanelle would find the story of her and Verne being an item hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No story, just the picture. Wasn't it linked to the Verne was the real winner story?? I thought it might give a clue as to which side the Star was responding to in removing the stories (if any). If I were part of Verne's management I wouldn't be over-thrilled at the suggestion that Chanelle would find the story of her and Verne being an item hilarious.

I thought that might be your train of thought?
    That it would look better if it was Verne's side trying to get the Star to back off, rather than Chan or DR. :D

Thing is, if some are right, and it was DR behind the story, then he would surely have squared it with Verne first? :confused:

Personally, I still think the story is largely a Daily Star invention. :)
  • Options
    south banksouth bank Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you could be right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That it would look better if it was Verne's side trying to get the Star to back off, rather than Chan or DR. :D

Thing is, if some are right, and it was DR behind the story, then he would surely have squared it with Verne first? :confused:

I don't understand the bit I've emboldened. Are you suggesting I am trying to prove it wasn't Chanelle's side who got the stories removed? All I'm trying to do is explore the various possibilities. Surely we have to say we don't know what the truth is at the moment?

If you are right and the Star is making the story up out of nothing at all - pure invention by them alone - that's a matter of public interest and is worth discussing whoever the story is about. I'll tell you what I'm reluctant to say but what really bothers me most - it's a sneaky suspicion that all the Star thought about was offering yet another scenario for men to er fantasise over. In other worlds we've had the girl alone, we've had the two girls, now lets have the girl and dwarf and what do you expect for 20p or 30p, that we do proper news stories? At least Chanelle knows what sort of outfit the Daily Star is (with or without Dave Read's assistance), but maybe Verne doesn't and maybe he doesn't like it one little bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the bit I've emboldened. Are you suggesting I am trying to prove it wasn't Chanelle's side who got the stories removed? All I'm trying to do is explore the various possibilities. Surely we have to say we don't know what the truth is at the moment?
    If you are right and the Star is making the story up out of nothing at all - pure invention by them alone - that's a matter of public interest and is worth discussing whoever the story is about. I'll tell you what I'm reluctant to say but what really bothers me most - it's a sneaky suspicion that all the Star thought about was offering yet another scenario for men to er fantasise over. In other worlds we've had the girl alone, we've had the two girls, now lets have the girl and dwarf and what do you expect for 20p or 30p, that we do proper news stories? At least Chanelle knows what sort of outfit the Daily Star is (with or without Dave Read's assistance), but maybe Verne doesn't and maybe he doesn't like it one little bit.

Yep. That is indeed, what we have to say. :)

I'm not sure Verne would be too bothered?
    Most of the stories on the internet also mention Verne's sex tape with his ex-girlfriend.
    Perhaps he might be pleased by a little fluffy diversion to take the press attention away from that? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't really matter whether the Daily Star invented it or Dave Read had a hand in it. Even if DR is entirely innocent, the affair demonstrates how little respect the Daily Star has for Dave Read and, TBH, for Chanelle herself.

Presumably the Daily Star thought he'd be OK with it and that he'd be able to persuade his client to just laugh it off. I sincerely hope that Chanelle has refused to just laugh it off and that the Daily Star now realise that they've scored a bit of an own goal.

Even now, it's hard for me to imagine Chanelle being happy to continue working with the Daily Star without some sort of apology. At the very least, I'd have thought she'd want the opportunity to put her side of the story. But, quite frankly, as others have already said, the damage is already done.

Although I doubt it will happen, I'd like to see Chanelle call time on her relationship with the Daily Star. She'd undoubtedly gain a lot of respect from doing so, particularly as it would probably result in a considerable loss of income.

I don't think it would do her any harm either to give Dave Read the push at the same time.

OK, he's done well for her financially, but there isn't an agent alive who couldn't have made Chanelle pots of money on leaving the BB house. Even Mr Pap recognised in a comment he made on BBBM during BB8 that she was by far the hottest property in there. And I'm pretty sure that plenty of other agents would have been able to make her the same kind of money without the same sort of sacrifices having to be made to her reputation.

I know what I'm saying won't be popular with some Chanelle supporters. I still count myself as one, but don't feel as though I owe any loyalty to her agent.
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't really matter whether the Daily Star invented it or Dave Read had a hand in it. Even if DR is entirely innocent, the affair demonstrates how little respect the Daily Star has for Dave Read and, TBH, for Chanelle herself.

Presumably the Daily Star thought he'd be OK with it and that he'd be able to persuade his client to just laugh it off. I sincerely hope that Chanelle has refused to just laugh it off and that the Daily Star now realise that they've scored a bit of an own goal.

Even now, it's hard for me to imagine Chanelle being happy to continue working with the Daily Star without some sort of apology. At the very least, I'd have thought she'd want the opportunity to put her side of the story. But, quite frankly, as others have already said, the damage is already done.

Although I doubt it will happen, I'd like to see Chanelle call time on her relationship with the Daily Star. She'd undoubtedly gain a lot of respect from doing so, particularly as it would probably result in a considerable loss of income.

I don't think it would do her any harm either to give Dave Read the push at the same time.

OK, he's done well for her financially, but there isn't an agent alive who couldn't have made Chanelle pots of money on leaving the BB house. Even Mr Pap recognised in a comment he made on BBBM during BB8 that she was by far the hottest property in there. And I'm pretty sure that plenty of other agents would have been able to make her the same kind of money without the same sort of sacrifices having to be made to her reputation.

I know what I'm saying won't be popular with some Chanelle supporters. I still count myself as one, but don't feel as though I owe any loyalty to her agent.

I have to agree with your post. :cool: She might be damaged goods though. What a horrible story to get involved with.
    She might have found it funny at the start but it has made her look desperate. I would change management and try and get away from these stupid stories. No matter what Chanelle fans think it has not been a good week for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    I have to agree with your post. :cool: She might be damaged goods though. What a horrible story to get involved with.
    She might have found it funny at the start but it has made her look desperate. I would change management and try and get away from these stupid stories. No matter what Chanelle fans think it has not been a good week for her.

That's going a bit too far! I don't think many people believed the story in any case.

She'd still get plenty of work as a glamour model with people like Nuts/Zoo/Loaded if that's what she wanted to do.
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Chanelle should take a close look at what Aisleyne did nearly two years ago when she left Darryn L and set up "Aisleyne Limited".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ofni wrote: »
    Maybe Chanelle should take a close look at what Aisleyne did nearly two years ago when she left Darryn L and set up "Aisleyne Limited".
    * nods in agreement *

Aisleyne is doing really well,I hear she even has her own clothes range now as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still Cant Stand Chanelle..... And it 18 months since BB8
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member

Good post Remaha :)

I agree with what you say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ofni wrote: »

Aye, but unfortunately Chanelle doesn't have anybody like Mr S, to steer her in the right direction. :(

I think if she left Neon, she would probably decide to call it a day and devote herself to her studies etc.