Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Corden was in Hollyoaks?

In that case, another vote for him then!:mad::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    In his defence it is awful atm I wouldn't blame him for slating the show the state it is in currently.

I think the time when he slated it was during the Kirkwood-era, when Hollyoaks was at its best (in my opinion) and won 6 soap awards, so I don't think his comments were really fair at the time.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,804
    Forum Member
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    James Corden was in Hollyoaks?

In that case, another vote for him then!:mad::D

Yeah fame's gone to his head!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    flbkab wrote: »
    What was she like with you?

Horrible - she is so up herself it's not true. The sort of person you can imagine saying 'do you know who I am' if somebody says no to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc_04 wrote: »
    I believe RosamondStreet can shed more light on that one.

Do I know you? :)

Anyway. Yeah, Linda Thorson demanded her own dressing room and wanted scripts changed etc... so they got rid of her.
  • haych89haych89 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    soapdiva wrote: »
    Horrible - she is so up herself it's not true. The sort of person you can imagine saying 'do you know who I am' if somebody says no to her.

Harsh, lol! When I met Barbara she was lovely, realy nice and not up herself or anything... Same with Sam Womack, met her twice now, she seems very down to earth and quite the opposite of what has been said in this thread.
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyway. Yeah, Linda Thorson demanded her own dressing room and wanted scripts changed etc... so they got rid of her.

I don't know about the dressing room etc.. but she did say, on tv, that the scripts were gitting too stupid.
    I think it was when they were making Rosemary try to make the daughter in-law look mad.

She did have a point. :D
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Yeah fame's gone to his head!

He said the same a few years ago before Gavin and Stacey, and not quite so famous as he is now, how is that 'fame going to his head'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    Yeah, apparently she didn't get along with Maggie, which is apparently why Suzy was axed from the show to keep Sam happy,

Seriously? How crap is that? I liked Suzy much more than I've ever liked either Ronnie or Roxy and was gutted when she left as it was,hearing she was apparently axed because of Sam just makes it even more annoying. :(

I must admit Barbara Windsor and Antony Cotton sprung to mind for me,too. :p They both come across as thinking they're far more talented and loved than they actually are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    haych89 wrote: »
    Harsh, lol! When I met Barbara she was lovely, realy nice and not up herself or anything... Same with Sam Womack, met her twice now, she seems very down to earth and quite the opposite of what has been said in this thread.

I absolutely adore Sam Womack i am i huge fan of hers, all i was saying is about people complaining that she doesn't stop outside elstree or anywhere for that matter they get the impression she thinks shes too important to stop..
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

And, once they'd killed off her character, her body was crushed in the back of a bin wagon. Now that's how you right out someone you don't like! No trips to tellytubby heaven for her.
  • haych89haych89 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Ami09x wrote: »
    I absolutely adore Sam Womack i am i huge fan of hers, all i was saying is about people complaining that she doesn't stop outside elstree or anywhere for that matter they get the impression she thinks shes too important to stop..

Yeahhh :) I get you! I know! Id heard from loads of people said she was horrible just because she didnt stop outside work for them.
  • fadedfaded Posts: 2,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think the speech thing makes barbara windsor look big-headed. if you put a camera in front of most soap actors and asked them to give an unscripted speech they'd be like a rabbit in the headlights.

helen flanigan just seems to be rosie imo shes probably a nice girl but i read an interview with her months ago and it just seemed to consist of 'me and my boyfriend have sex a lot' for example when asked about the corset she wore when she tried to seduce tony and what she thought of it 'well my boyfriend really liked it' and things like 'my boyfriend loves when i take my outfits home' etc
    Forum Member

wow really lol! I thought she'd be quite nice!
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Seriously? How crap is that? I liked Suzy much more than I've ever liked either Ronnie or Roxy and was gutted when she left as it was,hearing she was apparently axed because of Sam just makes it even more annoying. :(

I must admit Barbara Windsor and Antony Cotton sprung to mind for me,too. :p They both come across as thinking they're far more talented and loved than they actually are.

Maggie was supposed to be the one up herself, and was axed, because she thought she was bigger than the cast.
  • benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    The gong for biggest ego crazy actress and actor is still Cotton and Windsor.
  • HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    surfie wrote: »
    You could add to that as well Terrible Dire, as in Mykala Dodd's book she said on set her nickiname was Dame Terri.
    Even Lesley Johnson alluded that certain Hollyoaks cast members were up themselves when she was in it, and often hung out more with the crew.

It's not too suprising when you read when some leave how they think they are off to Hollywood to make it big.

When the 60 Minute Makeover team stayed at my hotel, my colleague checked Terri Dwyer in, and said she was lovely and chatty.
    Forum Member
    Hellingly wrote: »
    When the 60 Minute Makeover team stayed at my hotel, my colleague checked Terri Dwyer in, and said she was lovely and chatty.

cool :)

Just because she was known as 'Dame Terri' doesn't mean she's up herself. The cast could've just respected her for whatever reason! lol!
    Forum Member

wow she does seem difficult lol
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    cool :)

Just because she was known as 'Dame Terri' doesn't mean she's up herself. The cast could've just respected her for whatever reason! lol!

Nah. Mykala Dodd said she acted like Queen Bee in her book.

As for Jame Cordon. I watched The Boat That Rocked yesterday and in the deleted scenes he had all the bits he filmed that were cut out the film. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Anthony Cottton, Jenny McAlpine and Tupele Dorgu always seem to have egos at the award shows and are always sore losers.

Jennie McAlpine doesn't have an ego, Anthony Cotton does and also Helen Flanagan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Anthony Cotton - Seems like a right big-headed tit. I avoid watching him in 'real life' now at all costs.
    Have to agree about B. Windsor too...She seems to go on like she's the queen imo
  • Puppy Dog EyesPuppy Dog Eyes Posts: 12,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't met Anthony cotton, but can confirm that Barbara Windsor is horrible!!

Really? My best friend says the complete opposite!! Barbara Windsor came into the hospital my friend works in and said that she was absolutely lovely (and my friend doesn't always take too kindly to people!!) and all of the girls on reception etc absolutely love her. They said that every time she comes in she always stops and chats and is very bubbley!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wasn't Julie Goodyear meant to be quite difficult? Having said that I have met her on a personal level and she was very nice