God Only Knows and Forever IMO

Comments

• *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Sloop John B, I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sloop John B, I think.

I agree it is a very good song, however, I would rate God Only Knows and Good Vibrations equally, maybe Wouldn't it Be Nice...at a stretch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many to choose from....for now, Don't Worry Baby.....:cool:
  • SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god I was just thinking about starting a similar topic! :eek: God Only knows, Wouldn't it be nice, Good Vibrations, Heroes and villains, help me rhonda, surfs up, fun fun fun, California girls, disney girls, i can hear music, almost every Brian Wilson produced song and gems until 1976's Love You album!

Also beach boy fans there showing alot of programs on the beach boys/brian wilson on bbc four tomorrow including a documentary on the life of Dennis Wilson, don't forget! :D
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    SamMcK wrote: »
    Oh my god I was just thinking about starting a similar topic! :eek: God Only knows, Wouldn't it be nice, Good Vibrations, Heroes and villains, help me rhonda, surfs up, fun fun fun, California girls, disney girls, i can hear music, almost every Brian Wilson produced song and gems until 1976's Love You album!

Also beach boy fans there showing alot of programs on the beach boys/brian wilson on bbc four tomorrow including a documentary on the life of Dennis Wilson, don't forget! :D

sorry lol
  • BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloop John B, I think.

That's my fave too although I do love almost anything by the Beach Boys - makes it feel like summer when I listen to them :cool: Surfin' USA was one of the first I heard so I'll nominate that one.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    o I forgot All Summer Long lol
  • SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    sorry lol
    . Nevermind thanks for starting the topic to begin with! I just reread my post and I seem *ahem* abit hyper lol
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Caroline No

2. Warmth of the Sun

3. Don't Worry Baby

4. God Only Knows

5. Good Vibrations

and tons of others

Best period: 1964 - 1966.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    I Can Hear Music (except the middle bit)

God Only Knows

Good Vibrations

Fun Fun Fun

Wouldn't It Be Nice
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamMcK wrote: »

Also beach boy fans there showing alot of programs on the beach boys/brian wilson on bbc four tomorrow including a documentary on the life of Dennis Wilson, don't forget!
    :D

Excellent! BBC-4 is such a great channel, especially when it comes to music documentaries.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for God Only Knows, Good vibrations and Wouldn't it be Nice. I also like a lot of the other stuff from Pet Sounds.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the songs mentioned previously.
    I'll add Rock N Roll To The Rescue.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    In My Room.
    All Summer Long.
    Darlin'.
    I Know There's An Answer.
    The Warmth Of The Sun.
    God Only Knows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God Only Knows
    Wouldn't it be Nice
    California Girls
    In My Room
    All Summer Long
    Little Surfer Girl
  • CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    I love The Beach Boys.:) These are some of my favourites:

Darlin'
    Forever
    Please Let Me Wonder
    Don't Talk, Put Your Head On My Shoulder
    Caroline No
    Time To Get Alone
    Girl Don't Tell Me
    Wonderful ('67 Smile version)
    Don't Back Down
    This Whole World
    Surf's Up
    'Till I Die

plus all the big hits and a many many more!
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    god only knows and good vibrations were excellant commercial tracks (although gv seems to lose its way half way through resulting in a weak second half) , i liked 'darlin' too, and sloop john b... but my 2 favs were 'heros and villains' and (best) 'wild honey'..
  • letmeinFFSletmeinFFS Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was brainwashed from childhood with all the B' - Beach Boys, Bee Gees and Beatles.

my personal faves were always Sloop John B, Good Vibrations and Little Deuce Coup but love them all.

anyone remember Happy Endings with Little Richard?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "B" sides of the singles had some real gems on them.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    God Only knows is one of the sweetest songs ever. I also love Be Cool to your School and Heroes and Villains. Brian Wilson is a genius.
  • Highland RubyHighland Ruby Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it be Nice, God Only Knows and Heroes and Villains are probably my favourites but I do love almost all of them.

Wouldn't it be Nice is going to be the first dance at my wedding this year. The Beach Boys is pretty much the only music my partner and I have in common. Car jouney's would be a wash out with out them!
    Forum Member
    Beach Boys fans might like to know that there is a Bran Wilson concert, playing the entire Pet Sounds album live on BBC4 just started.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When i was young i used to like the more poppy stuff like Fun, Fun, Fun..........till my Daddy takes my T-bird away.........:eek:

And California Girls, .........etc

But now I'm old I like the more meancholy harmonic songs like Warmth of the Sun and In My Room

MM.........think I'll have a listen to 'Warmth' on YouTube, haven't heard it for a while............
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like god only knows.
    Forum Member
    Beach Boys fans might like to know that there is a Bran Wilson concert, playing the entire Pet Sounds album live on BBC4 just started.

Silly pedantic me - of course, I meant Brian Wilson, and not his younger brother Bran! :)