Options

Orange debt collection

124»

Comments

• Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For god's sake, are you willfully ignoring everything?

They will accept £10-20 per month (go with £10, though they may try it on with you first. Be firm and tell them that that's all you can pay and that you will be paying it.

Beyond that, there's really no point flooding this thread with "But wil they accept £10 per month? But will they accept £10 per month? But what if they dont? Will they accept £10 per month?"

You have been given a lot of good advice. Take it. Just sit, calm down, wait until you get the letter form the agency, then write back telling them that you will be paying £10 per month because that's all you can afford, and you will continue to pay it until the debt is cleared.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »

They will accept £10-20 per month (go with £10, though they may try it on with you first. Be firm and tell them that that's all you can pay and that you will be paying it.

Beyond that, there's really no point flooding this thread with "But wil they accept £10 per month? But will they accept £10 per month? But what if they dont? Will they accept £10 per month?"

You have been given a lot of good advice. Take it. Just sit, calm down, wait until you get the letter form the agency, then write back telling them that you will be paying £10 per month because that's all you can afford, and you will continue to pay it until the debt is cleared.

I'm not....
    I'm just worried

As I said I didn't sleep last night because i'm that worried

I'm going to take the advice
    I appreciate all the advice as I also said
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »

Hear hear!

And this is my last post on the matter. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    I'm definitely not trolling
    I'm just worried

I appreciate all advice

Well OK but you still seem to be ignoring most of what has been said, your next post a casing point:
    But the LAST thing i want to do is get sent to court!

As I said I can afford 10-20 a month
    more than that and its pushing it

You aren't going to be sent to court, offer them the 10-20 a month and will be fine, how many times do you need to be told?

You also realise you don't actually go to court ?(physically), you would just get a letter about it saying a CCJ had been recorded against you, this would be very worst case scenario if you ignore everything from here on in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well OK but you still seem to be ignoring most of what has been said, your next post a casing point:

You aren't going to be sent to court, offer them the 10-20 a month and will be fine, how many times do you need to be told?

You also realise you don't actually go to court ?(physically), you would just get a letter about it saying a CCJ had been recorded against you, this would be very worst case scenario if you ignore everything from here on in.

Look at my posting history
    I'm not a troll at all....

I say some silly things sometimes but i'm not a troll

Well i'm sorry but i haven't been in this mess before
    I'm only 22 and its overly worrying me because as i said i haven't had a great last year financially
    but thank you everybody for your advice

I really appreciate it
  • Options
    DRY_SWEEPERDRY_SWEEPER Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    the amount will stay the same but you'll need to work out how much you can afford to pay it off each month. you cant miss payments with collection agencies because they really come down hard on you and hassle you via the phone or send nasty letters to get you to pay up.

try not to get into any more situations like this as it stays on your credit file for 6yrs and can affect future plans for borrowing etc.

Beware though as they will usually accept a payment plan you put to them even if you stick to it after a few months they will send you nasty letters to get you to pay more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did say i'm not making excuses
    i'm also not looking for a lecture

I realise i've done wrong
    and i'm trying to fix it

How much do you owe out of interest, if its being passed to a debt collection agency ask them for a settlement this should be around 70% of your debt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Santander is like that..... If you miss payments with them several times your debt is sent to a debt recovery company, but it turns out that the company is part of the Santander group so they are able to recall the debt back and negotiate on it if need be.

But it sounds like Orange are unable to recall it back which suggest that the debt was sold on and that they are being paid for that debt now. So its out of their hands as someone else owns his debt.

But thats only for a short period of time though, eventually Santander will sell it to an outside company as a job lot with other debts