The Real Reason The X Factor Announcement is Taking So Long?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
Forum Member
✭✭
Another one has said he has turned down a judging spot on the US X Facor, this time Snoop Dogg

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a312532/snoop-dogg-i-turned-down-x-factor.html

Maybe this is the real reason that the announcement is taking so long. Nobody wants to do it :D Simon may be losing his touch.

Comments

• user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buster65 wrote: »
    Another one has said he has turned down a judging spot on the US X Facor, this time Snoop Dogg

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a312532/snoop-dogg-i-turned-down-x-factor.html

Maybe this is the real reason that the announcement is taking so long. Nobody wants to do it :D Simon may be losing his touch.
    My guess is he's trying to slowly build up anticipation in the US and he will wait until AI is over before having a HUGE press conference. This will be perfect as it will be just before the judges auditions begin and they can milk it for all it's worth. Both AI and XF are on FOX, so Simon will be limited to the amount of advertising he can do while AI is on. AI is their established cash cow and that will come first. People think that whatever Simon wants, Simon gets. Maybe in the UK he has a big say with ITV but in the US he is small fry and what FOX want, FOX get.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was plain from the outset that the other male judge was going to be a music executive. I think it's possible that someone, somewhere, put the idea to Snoop Dogg. But I very much doubt it would have gone anywhere.

From his Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter:
    THR: We already broke the news that L.A. Reid will be a judge. We've heard about the Mariah Carey pregnancy and why she won't be a judge. So are we going to have little things leaked out until September?

Cowell: Yes, everything we're trying to keep secret will be leaked within seconds. And you're going to know exactly who we're talking to and who we're concerned with and who we're not.

All the recent promotion and leaks were with the sole aim of getting people to the auditions. I thought they'd announce all the judges and presenters before that but they more than achieved what they wanted without doing so. There's no real need to appoint anyone now. Cowell has stopped doing so many interviews in the US since the first auditions as well. They'll probably start up again in advance of the audience auditions.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    'The Voice' will be starting this month. I bet Simon is scared shitless!
  • INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is what i think has been/is going on

1 Cowell announced he was leaving AI to start USXF.

2 a lot of people expressed an interest in joining the judging panel because,
    a) they believed AI would fall apart without Cowell's presence
    b) they hadn't seen the UK version

3 a lot of the people who expressed an interest are now backtracking because,
    a) AI hasn't fallen apart,
    b) they've seen the UK version
    c) decided that joining The Voice will be less damaging if it goes 'horribly **** up'

so will he get "the strongest panel ever" as he so confidently announced, dunno still a lot of work to done by the looks of things, because i have little doubt, if that panel was all signed up
    WE WOULD KNOW THEIR NAMES BY NOW

regardless of whether AI's on or not.