Options

Leaving [ITV1]

Comments

• Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    I missed a bit also-when she went out with his rota and they were both off thursday- the next bit I saw was the hospital- he got beaten up you said above- but what happened her daughter- over all I thought it was very watchable!

Julie came home after standing up Aaron and found her daughter in tears at home, we then saw them at the hospital where her daughter was being treated for suspected appendicitis.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Julie came home after standing up Aaron and found her daughter in tears at home, we then saw them at the hospital where her daughter was being treated for suspected appendicitis.

Thank you!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved this show. As others have said, the slow build up was like foreplay. It had me on the edge of my seat.

The young guy when i first saw him was a little odd looking, but as the show went on I found him more and more attractive. Unfortunately the only distraction was Julie's eyebrows. Any more botox and they will disapear into her hairline altogether.

I can't wait until next week.
  • Options
    JuceeJucee Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good drama, be interesting to see what happens next, although it's a shame we have to wait a whole week for the next episode
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed this last night, the sort of one off drama the bbc should be doing instead of their current mixture of tired old series and usual agenda driven rubbish.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I absolutely loved this show. As others have said, the slow build up was like foreplay. It had me on the edge of my seat.

The young guy when i first saw him was a little odd looking, but as the show went on I found him more and more attractive. Unfortunately the only distraction was Julie's eyebrows. Any more botox and they will disapear into her hairline altogether.

I can't wait until next week.

Even i thought that when i saw this guy on the trailer, but there is something about him, i guess the charm of how he is carrying this role and his interaction with Julie as Aaron
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    I thought it was good...... i think it worked - Helen McCrory and CallumTurner have good chemistry, the good thing is the actor playing Aaron seems mature enough, he doesnt come across as a kid lol

Slow build-up, the tension, the chemistry was there - they both found someone who they have clicked with

Her hubby fancies that other young girl..... but it seems its just one-sided

I thought he did seem a bit childish. Not necessarily in looks but by his behaviour.

The whole thing i found just a bit slow, no real plot twists or character developments.

Expect to see a bit more interaction with family etc in the next episode though, so probably will tune in for that
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I liked it. Subtle and slow paced but it worked well. Looking forward to next week.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it.
    I thought the bit in the pub where he asked the two total strangers to go on a picnic with him was daft though. I know he was drunk but it just seemed a very silly, over the top scene to me.
    Will definitely watch next week.
  • Options
    CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the guy is a total plank with his pig eyes and hair, i mean really. She is a little foxy but its all a bit Mills and Boon.
  • Options
    MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it but was a bit put off by not really being convinced he would go with someone who reminded him (early on) of his Aunt :confused:

I will stick with it though, as Aaron, although not that good looking imo, really has something very appealing about him ;)
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed this

makes a change from all the crime/ detective crap thats on all over the place.

Reminds me of the film The good girl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I hope there's a good bed scene between them next week!
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they slept together at her house, they were at the hotel where they work. He took the job at the hotel after he met her there at a wedding she organised, hubby doesn't know (yet) and he ended up at the hospital after drowning his sorrows because she cancelled the picnic he had shopped and planned for, and then being beaten up by a couple of men (he asked them to picnic with him!).

Thank you very much for answering all my questions! Much obliged. :)
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this.

Thought at first it was a bit implausable that she would go for him, but over time I could kinda see it.

Looking forward to next week's ep :)
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the bits where Julie was watching her young lover and the 2 Polish (?) girls messing around were spot on. She looked slightly jealous, wistful, amused and you just knew she was wishing she was their age again.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »

There’s a moment where she laughs at something another *character has said and you would swear that she’s hearing this line for the very first time and not after goodness knows how many rehearsals.

Try laughing yourself now and making it sound real and you’ll appreciate just how hard that is.

I know exactly which moment you refer to. It was when she was sitting at the table and they started talking about table arrangements.....he said something funny and she laughed......:)
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron brought out Julie's warmth that she keeps kinda under wraps, under her stern uptight posture she maintains, its one of the reasons they clicked with each other

I like how its much more then just being physical.....
  • Options
    LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. There was some HOT stuff in there and it was all quite believeable. She has a very good figure for her age.

Looking forward to next episode.

She has an amazing figure for a woman of 44, but I think she looks older facially.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all seemed a bit contrived to me, to be honest, although I may have had problems with it because the guy is a ringer for my best friend's son - it's difficult to enjoy a programme when it instantly brackets you with the 'old' people :) The bit that stood out for me was when they were watching her daughter in the hospital bed, mostly because it seemed so abnormal. I can understand why the waiting area might be thrown in beside the cubicles in a casualty department, but surely the chairs would not be directly facing them? Those in the cubicles must feel like they're on stage.

I'll probably give the next episode a shot to see if it feels any more natural, but I can't imagine spending a single minute of the next week wondering what's going to happen. Each to their own, though - it's good to hear others are enjoying it.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Yeah, only trouble is in October/November when it's cold and dark there's bugger all to watch because they stick them all on in the first 3 weeks of September!

Record them and don't watch them for a month, month and a half then.
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Quite subtle so far, I'm enjoying it. And the young lead is gorgeous.

Me too. As for the young lead, he's nice enough but IMO has nothing on his friend Jonah (played by the delectable Greg Chillin). Greg's been in quite a few TV shows now (Being Human, Inside Men, Kidnap & Ransom), as well as the film '4.3.2.1' directed by Noel Clarke.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it.
    I thought the bit in the pub where he asked the two total strangers to go on a picnic with him was daft though. I know he was drunk but it just seemed a very silly, over the top scene to me.
    Will definitely watch next week.

That was stupid and didn't understand the point of that :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up with this last night, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't find pacing an issue at all, the build up was fabulous and made me care. Helen McCory was excellent as was Callum Turner who considering this is one of his first pieces of acting work was very very good (and quite gorgeous!) I can't wait until tonight now! Such a great drama! :D