Options

Stand Up To Cancer (October 19th Ch4 7.30pm)

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just over 6 million is quite good considering its in its first year and wasn't too heavily promoted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Yes, because people are "doing so well with [their] donating", according to Davina, which basically means they're hoping to get money out of the post-pub viewers.

Have they said how much they've raised recently?

fair enough but do they have to take a break every 10mins? i have watched since just before 12 and within 30mins there has been at least 3 breaks!
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have now - a surprisingly impressive £6,039,982.
    fair enough but do they have to take a break every 10mins? i have watched since just before 12 and within 30mins there has been at least 3 breaks!

I suppose there's another motive for them taking breaks so often in that many of the adverts are about cancer and therefore reinforce the message of the show.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    just over 6 million is quite good considering its in its first year and wasn't too heavily promoted.

what does that mean?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been watching on and off all night as been at work. Like how they are all happy to stay on as the donations are so high. Think if they do this again next year they will raise more as more companies will get involved like they do with the other charities
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what does that mean?

that's how much they raised :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have now - a surprisingly impressive £6,039,982.

a fiver of that belongs to me
  • Options
    Finchy44Finchy44 Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because people are "doing so well with [their] donating", according to Davina, which basically means they're hoping to get money out of the post-pub viewers.

just over 6 mill. Nothing like the 30+ mill RND and CIN usually accumulate but I predict in 5 to 10 years time this will be the major/biggest fund raising event in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finchy44 wrote: »
    just over 6 mill. Nothing like the 30+ mill RND and CIN usually accumulate but I predict in 5 to 10 years time this will be the major/biggest fund raising event in the UK.

but cin next month may not raise as much has people already have ben donating to this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a fiver of that belongs to me

Did:p:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    next few hours ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did i just hear Davina right, they are on for the next few hours?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're repeating the show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are they ju8st rerunning the show from the beginning
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they just thrown together this set to have them on?

Davina said "The next few hours", surely this wasn't always the plan.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finchy44 wrote: »

That's a bold and possibly optimistic prediction considering that a) it's not a BBC or ITV event and b) Comic Relief and Children In Need have established themselves in the consciousness of the public over the last twenty to thirty years.

As I said earlier, there were too many charity telethons on British TV even before this thing came along.
  • Options
    bobobaconbobobacon Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget the money you donate will be funding vivisectionists to torture innocent animals who have as much right to life as anyone else.

Cancer is not about cure its about prevention. We have more forms of cancer and more people getting cancer now than at any other time in history.... why??

Diet... if people continue to eat animal corpses and steal milk from their children then you will get cancer and other fatal diseases.

Look up 'The China Study' the biggest food research project ever done.

Don't support these evil phara companies who's interest is NOT in finding a cure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonder if we get to have another listen to Biffa singing Call My Name
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but cin next month may not raise as much has people already have ben donating to this

Maybe? I think a lot of the other two's raising power comes through schools and bushiness's fund raising projects.

Obviously this doesn't have the pulling power, yet!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobobacon wrote: »
    Don't forget the money you donate will be funding vivisectionists to torture innocent animals who have as much right to life as anyone else.

Cancer is not about cure its about prevention. We have more forms of cancer and more people getting cancer now than at any other time in history.... why??

Diet... if people continue to eat animal corpses and steal milk from their children then you will get cancer and other fatal diseases.

Don't support these evil phara companies who's interest is NOT in finding a cure.

always look on the bright side of life doo doo doo doo
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    wonder if we get to have another listen to Biffa singing Call My Name

Something tells me she smashed up her dressing room. lol
    She didn't look pleased at all at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm the ageing population is probably one of the biggest cause of cancer. and people have been eating meat since we evolved and are bodies are designed to eat meat.
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the bits on the sofa with the three of them were all pre recorded earlier today, no? I wondered when they were going to let the audience go home, bet TONS of people have missed the last tube home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolute nonsense! Humans have been eating meat since we worked out how to sharpen something to stab with and how to spark a fire! Eating meat isn't 20th/21st century!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats the deal with the simpsons did they show an episode