Kettlecise classes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
Forum Member
Hi trying to loose a bit of weight. Been going swimming a couple of times a week swimming 60 lengths breast stroke each time. Also tried kettlecise twice. Is kettlecise a good exercise for weight. Loss? I'm quite enjoying it!

Comments

• MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kettles will use lots of muscles, which will burn calories and will tone you up.

But muscle weighs more than fat, so whilst you might be toning up, you could find yourself gaining weight too (good weight though!)

I've stopped stepping on the scales - I use the hip to waist ratio instead. I find its more accurate when I'm exercising at the gym.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this where you burn off calories by fighting your way through a ring of riot cops?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kettlebells are good for using lots of different muscles and to tone you up, so if that's what you want then I'd recommend them :) As another poster said, you might not lose a lot of weight because of muscle being heavier but I think you will see a change in your shape if you put a lot of effort in and stick to it!
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    Hi trying to loose a bit of weight. Been going swimming a couple of times a week swimming 60 lengths breast stroke each time. Also tried kettlecise twice. Is kettlecise a good exercise for weight. Loss? I'm quite enjoying it!

You might want to switch to a different stroke if you are going swimming to get fit.

As for kettlebells, yes definitely do it if you enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Thanks! I need to loose about 3to 4 stone. I watched Britains biggest looser and it helped with them. Will that and swimming and eating healthy make me loose weight? My down fall is pigging out on rubbish!
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks! I need to loose about 3to 4 stone. I watched Britains biggest looser and it helped with them. Will that and swimming and eating healthy make me loose weight? My down fall is pigging out on rubbish!

I'm like that, a bit of a snacker. I've got it relatively under control now though, and I've found it gets easier to refuse unhealthy food as you go along and see some weight loss because you won't want to mess up what you've already worked for.

I don't swim, so I can't give you any advice on that but if you're not too shy I find a variety of fitness classes are really good for burning calories while still having fun - Zumba, Bokwa, Step, Spinning, etc. And simply walking a lot more always helps, just stick your iPod on and go! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Thanks I will look at the fitness class timetables.iv got 2 small kids so I find it difficult to get out. Iv been walking with them quite a bit though.I really need to stay motivated, that's half the problem. Started weight watchers 2 weeks ago and iv lost 5 lbs. x
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Healthy eating and portion control will make the biggest difference. However exercise still plays it part you will probably feel like you have more energy with exercising.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Know a woman who does kettlebell classes for 2+ years and she still looks overweight. Swimming and walking are good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    If your losing weight you probably wont put on much muscle, not enough to notice a huge difference. You will start to look more "toned" when you lose the weight so i would stick to swimming and start doing some HIIT such as cycling and running. Even going for long walks will be sufficient but your diet really is the main factor in losing weight, you can sit down and do nothing all day because if your not consuming enough calories to maintain then you will lose the weight but its obviously advised to do exercise to speed the process up and to gain fitness,Good luck:)
  • NaturalWorrierNaturalWorrier Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I opened this thread with images of people with two kettles - one in each hand, both full of water, ready to make tea...