One Born Every Minute Series 4

Comments

• marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy for Mia and her parents. Teary eyed now ...
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad she made a full recovery! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to give birth :/

Are you pregnant? If you are, when you do give birth, although it's one of the hardest chores of your life, you will consider it one of, if not the biggest and best achievements of your life! Good luck :)
  • mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    Are you pregnant? If you are, when you do give birth, although it's one of the hardest chores of your life, you will consider it one of, if not the biggest and best achievements of your life! Good luck :)

Im pregnant with number 2 .... Which is why I don't want to do it as I know what's to come :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im pregnant with number 2 .... Which is why I don't want to do it as I know what's to come :/

Aw, bless you, I know exactly how you feel. I spent most of my second pregnancy concentrating on not being scared of the birth, but I coped really well, and surprised even myself! I wish you lots of luck :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    lmao, he hadn't gone to the loo, he'd gone for a burger.

And a cigarette!! I can't help but feel sadness at the sight of many the relatives on the show outside having their ciggies, covering themselves in nicotine, when they are going to be holding a precious newborn anytime soon.
  • louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 25 weeks pregnant with our first and have been watching this religiously so that I'm (and more so my OH lol!) is prepared 😊
    Must say I'm bricking it though 😁
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Why are they so mean with the pain reliefi n this day and age?
    When I had my babies in the late seventies/early eighties I was given an epidural on arrival at the hospital in early labour and it lasted right through the birth and after.
    Pain free labour and deliveries were amazing but now it seems that epidurals are not given as freely as back then.
    OK it's natural and labour is supposed to hurt but that young mother was crying out for pain relief and the midwife just suggested that she got in a bath. :confused:
  • alr837alr837 Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Why are they so mean with the pain reliefi n this day and age?
    When I had my babies in the late seventies/early eighties I was given an epidural on arrival at the hospital in early labour and it lasted right through the birth and after.
    Pain free labour and deliveries were amazing but now it seems that epidurals are not given as freely as back then.
    OK it's natural and labour is supposed to hurt but that young mother was crying out for pain relief and the midwife just suggested that she got in a bath. :confused:

Can very much depend on a multitude if things , the woman, her history, current labour etc etc, epidurals can slow down a labour, not so good if a woman is labouring slowly, and there is a higher risk if needing interventions such as forceps.
  • Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    what a lovely doctor. it is nice when they know how to reassure the patient / parents.

Just watching last night's episode and I totally agree. That doctor had a wonderfully clam, reassuring manner with Mia's parents :)
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alr837 wrote: »
    Can very much depend on a multitude if things , the woman, her history, current labour etc etc, epidurals can slow down a labour, not so good if a woman is labouring slowly, and there is a higher risk if needing interventions such as forceps.

Exactly, they have their place definitely, but they can have such a negative effect on the labour, a much higher risk of intervention,which in turn can have a negative effect on the baby, so forceps or section become a higher risk, where perhaps the mother was in low risk category before epidural.
    They are an anaesthetic.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lady plans to name her baby Kale, after a type of cabbage.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member

why have chavs fixed on names beginning with J and K?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why have chavs fixed on names beginning with J and K?

Jordan or Katie Price perhaps?

Or maybe that's as far as they could get with learning the alphabet.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,150
    Forum Member

Is that the bird with the drawn on eyebrows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the bird with the drawn on eyebrows?

no its the fat one.
    Forum Member
    no its the fat one.

She's pregnant :/
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I just hear that right??

The same girl, who's unemployed because she left Greggs.
    Wants to call her her kid Kale.

Just said, 'I want to raise my kid like my Mum raised me' shortly after admitting she used to terrorise the estate!!

:mad:

*shakes head in disbelief*
    Forum Member
    She's pregnant :/

I think it's safe to say that before she became pregnant she wasn't a size 8:D
    Forum Member
    He is gorgeous, l
    Forum Member
    You're 21, change your life you stupid bint!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the world Cabbage...poor little devil.
    Forum Member
    God, babies are horrible looking things when they come out.
    Forum Member
    God, babies are horrible looking things when they come out.

I agree, my mum swears my son was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen ... As his mother at the time I just couldn't see it, not until he pinked up.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad as I am, had a quick Google.

The 'Irish' name 'Kale' should be pronounce KAH-le.... not like the cabbage..... lol poor kid...doubt the mother will ever be smart enough to realise that.
    Probably only chose the name because Kyle, Kylen, Kalen, Kai etc were already taken by her neighbours lmao.