Options

Do girls/women prefer lean guys?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
Forum Member
✭✭
I was just wondering if girls/women generally prefer guys to be lean side? I know there's a lot of focus on weight and it seems to me that the current trend is skinny is better than muscular. I know models and actors generally have to be lean to be on screen or in print, has this rubbed off on the general public? Is there any credence to that thinner guys attract more women?

Comments

• Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I personally don't like thin guys as I'm on the large side myself. I quite like a bit of a belly on a guy.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally don't like thin guys as I'm on the large side myself. I quite like a bit of a belly on a guy.

I'm with ya, LaceyLouelle13!

I like guys who are more on the fluffy/solid side. I don't like scrawny ones.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I just like 'ordinary' men. Not skinny, not morbidly obese, not a muscle man. Carrying a bit of extra weight wouldn't bother me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a man with a bigger chest and waist than me. I'm no biffa, so it's not an impossible ask. I do like a little bit of a tummy also. And big arms. A rugby player thighs. Basically, exactly how my husband is built! :D

Edit - being over 6ft myself, being tall is also preferred.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't find overly muscly men attractive. I don't mind skinny men but I prefer a man to be more well built. Not too skinny, not fat, not too muscly, just somewhere in the middle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »
    I like a man with a bigger chest and waist than me. I'm no biffa, so it's not an impossible ask. I do like a little bit of a tummy also. And big arms. A rugby player thighs. Basically, exactly how my husband is built! :D

Edit - being over 6ft myself, being tall is also preferred.

Amen to that! :D
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't fancy flabby, fat or thin guys. I love tall, muscly men. Amateur bodybuilder look. Or even pro but not the huuuuuge ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Area88 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if girls/women generally prefer guys to be lean side? I know there's a lot of focus on weight and it seems to me that the current trend is skinny is better than muscular. I know models and actors generally have to be lean to be on screen or in print, has this rubbed off on the general public? Is there any credence to that thinner guys attract more women?

I have to say I do think skinny is far more attractive than muscular, but I've noticed that in general, most women seem to disagree with me!