Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    So do I. I think it's sooo wrong and especially any other type of naked photos. They should be kept private for the child's safety & stuff.

It's like one of my fb friends, she posts constant pictures of her son who is now over a 1yr old. Which is fine but she KEEPS posting pics of him unwell. Not fair to the poor little mite and won't appreciate that in a few years time!!!! Just so wrong. Why would you even DREAM of taking a photo of them unwell?! Not to mention the CONSTANT updates that have also suddenly appeared about her dick of an ex partner (and to be fair, he really is a ****, very abusive at that) and about her child being ill.

I also had another fb friend who did that with her 3 kids and ended up pissing me off so much that I deleted her. Yet I can't bring myself to delete this other person even though I only know of her through fb. Argh :\
    It's paedogeddon I tells ya.
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A husband and wife having a conversation on her facebook status:rolleyes:

Husband: Remember last time coppers came round and you got taken ... i was screaming up street at you 'see you in ten years' and all the the coppers were pissing thmeselves

Wife: yeah i do lol it wa funny that

This is talking about a previous event where her status was along the lines of;

"Had an eventful day, carted away by coppers and spent the day in a court"

To which her mum replied "Mummys little criminal lol"

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »

Husband: Remember last time coppers came round and you got taken ... i was screaming up street at you 'see you in ten years' and all the the coppers were pissing thmeselves

I have one on mine who gets all P!$$£d off when the police come to check up on her son as he has a curfew and ASBO and says it's unfair they keep picking on him and hates it when people report him for committing a crime yet acts so proud over the fact he does commit these crimes.

Well maybe it's just me but all I can think is maybe just maybe if he stopped braking the law he wouldn't get reported and the Police wouldn't have to keep checking up on him
  • Options
    Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate those 'I am having a friend clearout, like or comment if you dont want to be deleted' ones.

Mostly because they actually dont delete anyone at all and are just attention seeking.

One of my FB was having a clear out, said she was only keeping family and really close friends... She didn't delete me, yet I'm someone she only knows because she used to bring her kid to the play group I worked at, never really spoke to me then, and if I see her in the street now, we don't know each other well enough to stop and chat. I only accepted her friend request to see how the kid had turned out, I think I may delete her as she litters my news feed with about 20 statuses a day about what her and the little man are getting up to after school, how well her college course is going and asking for definite numbers for her birthday trip to Alton towers next year! In fact I'm off for that clear out right now!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would anyone here admit that they have ever posted trivial status updates themselves?

I'll go first. A few years back, I posted an update about drinking tea and then maybe going to bed afterwards. I don't know why I thought people would give two hoots about that...Back when all status updates had to start with '[Name] is...', I posted a few earth-shattering statuses such as '...at home.' and '...tired'. Well, the all-powerful site demanding to know what I was doing, so I was obliged to tell it! :p
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »

And you know full well that they are sitting next to each other :rolleyes: Why do people do that!
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    And you know full well that they are sitting next to each other :rolleyes: Why do people do that!

In their prison cell with any luck!
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

Exactly! They did it again yesterday after coming out of the cinema. He said on her status that he had "A crate of Bud to get home to"
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    one of my friends lost a son in a traffic accident yesterday, one of HIS friends has has informed him that he`s driven past the site of said accident this morning, how ****ing tactless is that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my more needy FB friends is unwell. She has been through a tough time (which she helpfully posted every moment of), but for the last week she's been posting her symptoms every five minutes. I've just had to stop myself typing 'shut up, we've all been ill'. I feel bad now for even thinking it. :(

Edit, I've just changed the newsfeed settings for what I get on my feed from her. Only ever done that to one person before - someone who has Jeremy Kyle-worthy relationship breakups every few days. :p
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had to block someone pictures because she constantly posts "motivational" pictures about achieving your dreams, living life to the full, embracing your inner child etc. Seriously, what the hell is the point?
    Yera wrote: »
    I have just seen someone comment that hubby and son were home from rugby match - sons team lost - son played very very badly - he is 7 ( ffs praise the boy regardless)

Don't agree with this, this is why you get those kids taking part in talent shows such as X-Factor, Britains Got Talent etc and completely embarrassing themselves because they're parents just praise them and they all believe their own hype. If a child is crap at something encourage them to do something else. It's the same as people who let kids win at games and things all the time. This is the real world, we don't always win, we're not always amazing at things, kids need to know that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Would anyone here admit that they have ever posted trivial status updates themselves?

I'll go first. A few years back, I posted an update about drinking tea and then maybe going to bed afterwards. I don't know why I thought people would give two hoots about that...Back when all status updates had to start with '[Name] is...', I posted a few earth-shattering statuses such as '...at home.' and '...tired'. Well, the all-powerful site demanding to know what I was doing, so I was obliged to tell it! :p

Hee Hee.. since having the timeline, I went back and read all my status's from when I joined back in 2007. My status's were mainly about cheesecake!! Mainly 'I want cheesecake' and then 'ive had chesecake' and then 'ive had too much cheesecake!'

I'm surprised I have any friends left on fb!! Although my status's now are generally plugs to my new business so im not sure whats worse!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has just put a pic of her little girl on the toilet!
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I must have seen at least a dozen people posing on Facebook with a bottle of coke with their name on it over the last few days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude1979 wrote: »
    Hee Hee.. since having the timeline, I went back and read all my status's from when I joined back in 2007. My status's were mainly about cheesecake!! Mainly 'I want cheesecake' and then 'ive had chesecake' and then 'ive had too much cheesecake!'

I'm surprised I have any friends left on fb!! Although my status's now are generally plugs to my new business so im not sure whats worse!

Is the new business selling cheesecake?
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Someone has just put a pic of her little girl on the toilet!

Does she also post about "hanging them dirty paedos"?
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    A girl I know always posts things like 'some people just piss me right off, get over yourself!' etc. There is always the obligatory replies of 'are you ok hun?' and 'what's up?' to which she replies 'I'll pm you luv, too many nosey b**tards on here!'. I commented yesterday saying 'perhaps if you want to keep it private you shouldn't post it as a facebook status?'. She deleted my comment :)
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A girl I know always posts things like 'some people just piss me right off, get over yourself!' etc. There is always the obligatory replies of 'are you ok hun?' and 'what's up?' to which she replies 'I'll pm you luv, too many nosey b**tards on here!'. I commented yesterday saying 'perhaps if you want to keep it private you shouldn't post it as a facebook status?'. She deleted my comment :)

I used to get itchy trigger fingers sometimes :D Luckily I only have a handful of people on FB these days (who I actually like :D)
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    There are so many people who keep uploading pics of kids in the bath. Why do they think we all want to see that, and what will their kids think when they are older knowing the whole world could see them!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    There are so many people who keep uploading pics of kids in the bath. Why do they think we all want to see that, and what will their kids think when they are older knowing the whole world could see them!

Again, do they also post about "hanging them dirty paedos"?
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an 'argument' with a girl because her grammar was atrocious, it was so bad I just had to correct her and OH MY GOD! The amount of back up she received was unbelievable. But I know the main reason these teenage lads were backing her up was because of the picture of her boobs, ****!
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the girls posts about her friend having a baby more than the mother to be does.

Christ knows what she'll be like when she has her own.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I must have seen at least a dozen people posing on Facebook with a bottle of coke with their name on it over the last few days.

I had a woman in her 40s post a picture of one saying "How cool is this?"

Scrambling around a fridge going through bottles to find a bottle of coke with a name printed on the label. Yeah, really cool.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

Umm....I did this. I posted a pic of my then 4 month old daughter in her bath. She was lying in such an amusing position, she was so relaxed as if she was the most chilled out little baby in the world so I photoshopped a pair of sunglasses on her and added the caption, "S'up!!"

In my defence I strategically placed bubbles across her nether regions so as to protect her modesty. Did I do wrong??
  • Options
    katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who have to like every status or post made by a friend
    People who cannot add a single comment without using smilies
This discussion has been closed.