13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changing...
    been on la prairie for 5 years.
    in the last 3 nights had two huge sleep lines formed either side of my face. its like I've had surgery.
    so much for the best products working.
  • Options
    EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ folks trying to justify their choices. No one needs to defend their products. As Ms Hirons says, you only have have one face, so go ahead and work it! If your £2.99 moisturiser works for you fine, same for those using £299 creams! :D
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Esensuelle wrote: »
    Lol @ folks trying to justify their choices. No one needs to defend their products. As Ms Hirons says, you only have have one face, so go ahead and work it! If your £2.99 moisturiser works for you fine, same for those using £299 creams! :D

I fully agree that no-one needs to justify their choices. I just wanted to point out that if you choose to spend £100 on a supposedly miracle face cream, you are probably getting the same thing (often made in the same factory) that Aldi sell for £2
    If that is your choice then fair enough:)
  • Options
    EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    I fully agree that no-one needs to justify their choices. I just wanted to point out that if you choose to spend £100 on a supposedly miracle face cream, you are probably getting the same thing (often made in the same factory) that Aldi sell for £2
    If that is your choice then fair enough:)

I'm sure there are similarities in some of the ingredients ie aqua, parabens etc but clearly the results are not always the same otherwise everyone would use the £2 product.

Some people do well and get good results at the low price points other people need to use more high end.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there are similarities in some of the ingredients ie aqua, parabens etc but clearly the results are not always the same otherwise everyone would use the £2 product.

Some people do well and get good results at the low price points other people need to use more high end.

I tend to disagree, some people buy products that are expensive because they think they are getting something 'better'. A lot of the time they are not.

A friend worked for Police - the designer brand not the rozzers lol. She told me that the factory that made their sunglasses also made all the low end supermarket ones and that they were exactly the same apart from the name on them. Same goes for handbags and many other things.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    I tend to disagree, some people buy products that are expensive because they think they are getting something 'better'. A lot of the time they are not.

A friend worked for Police - the designer brand not the rozzers lol. She told me that the factory that made their sunglasses also made all the low end supermarket ones and that they were exactly the same apart from the name on them. Same goes for handbags and many other things.

Some people but not all. I would be more than happy to find a cheap range that does what I want but I haven't, and it's not that I haven't tried.

I've gone back to using natural ranges now, oils and balms as my skin just reacts better to those products, difficult to mirror this with high street products. But if you can find a balm cleanser that uses these ingredients for less than a tenner let me know, I'll happily swap! :)

Rosa canina (Wild rose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter)*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (Starflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) leaf oil*, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the need for all that. My routine definitely works for me, I have no spots or wrinkles yet.

I only ever use water and facewipes. I'm in my 40's and look 5 years younger than my age.
    My mother has never used any products on her face, only water and looks 10 years younger than her actual age of 70.

It depends on your skin. if you have genetically good skin, then you can get away with minimal care
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    use liz earle cleanse and polish ,tonic and moisturiser
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day 4 of my Emma Hardie cleansing balm - absolutely loving it!
  • Options
    AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »

Gorgeous isn't it!! Think I'll cry if it's ever discontinued!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aesa wrote: »
    Gorgeous isn't it!! Think I'll cry if it's ever discontinued!

I'm so thrilled with it! I am prone to breakouts so was anxious about giving up my clearasil wipes but so far so good! Caroline Hiron also talks a lot of sense. I will not let mineral oil or anything foaming touch my skin again :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm so thrilled with it! I am prone to breakouts so was anxious about giving up my clearasil wipes but so far so good! Caroline Hiron also talks a lot of sense. I will not let mineral oil or anything foaming touch my skin again :)

Those foaming washes are evil, they used to dry the hell out of my skin. Never again!

Glad you like the cleanser. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shave, wash and moisturise every third day. Nothing else. Don't even wash it in between.
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AM don't bother cleansing just use nivea day pure and natural moisturiser

PM use soap and glory cleanser, nivea pure and natural toner and nivea night moisturiser.
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have changed my routine since I last posted in this thread, have since kind of followed Caroline Hirons skin care advice and my skin is feeling fantastic now :)

AM: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel (Suffer from Oily skin, this is the only face wash that keeps oil at bay all day)
    La Roche-Posay Physiological Soothing Toner
    Clinique All About Eyes
    Hydraluron Moisture Booster (Recommended to everyone, transformed my skin)
    Decleor Aroma Purete

PM: Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
    Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk
    La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner (Or Alpha H Liquid Gold every other day)
    La Roche-Posay Serozinc
    StriVectin EV-Get Even Dark Circle Corrector
    Emma Hardie Night Cream
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad I'm not the only fan :D

Love the stuff, L O V E! Makes my skin so soft. Damn you Caroline Hirons for damaging my bank balance :o:)
  • Options
    ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roaccutane.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you guys have a skin care routine? If so what is it and does it work for you? I have a routine but my skin is just okay but I want a bit more - radiance, brightness etc. It would be good to get some tips from others. :)

AM
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
    Liz Earle Skin Repair

PM
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
    Liz Earle Skin Tonic
    Liz Earle Skin Repair

Mask
    Clarins Hydraquench mask, weekly

I never use soap, just water. I use a facial scrub twice a week with Vitamin E from Superdrug. I then heavily moisturise after a long soak in the bath with Superdrug body moisturiser with Vitamin E. morning, wash and moisturise lightly again. Put on makeup, go to work. Evening use a light makeup remover, then cleansing Superdrug wipe and then bath etc and start over again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I use face soap and clarity by soap and glory in the morning and again at night followed by 6 in 1 moisture lotion. Every couple of days use it with the face mitt thing and once or twice a week greatest scrub of all by soap and glory.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother never used soap on my face as a child.

I tend to ring the changes with my skin care (products more than regime).

I have moved from Gatineau to Decleor on 1st Aug.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My skin is extremely oily and prone to breakouts, however, when it's good, it's very good, but when it's bad it's minging:D

I try and use a mudd mask once a week and use Aapri apricot facial scrub and witch hazel cleanser in the morning with BB cream and primer before my foundation, then in the evening, cleanse tone and moisturise with a good night cream - usually a no7 one.
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline Hirons is my hero. I've been reading her blog for a while and my routine is somewhat inspired by her. Great to hear so many others are wowwed by the Emma Hardie cleansing balm. It's so lovely to use. If you haven't tried it, you must!

My regime is
    AM
    Wash face with cold water and clean flannel
    Lancome toner
    Lancome Genifique (my all time fave product ever!)
    Whatever daily moisturiser I'm into (at the moment it's a BalanceMe one)

PM
    Emma Hardie cleansing balm
    Lancome toner (desperate for the Pixi one though)
    Hydrcluron
    Emma Hardie night cream

Weekly
    Nuxe 24 hour moisuture face mask
    A cllay max (currently trialling Glam Glow)
    Fortnightly I completely cover my face in Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and sleep in it.

The item I'm most coveting at the moment is a Sisley Black Rose mask. I spent way to long looking at it longingly on the Selfridges website.
  • Options
    Louise540056Louise540056 Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Tigerowl- you can order the Pixi toner over the phone if you phone the London shop. They then send it to you. Mine arrived yesterday and only took two days x

(Oh and P.S: Mrs Hiron would KILL you for using 8 hour cream on your face!!) ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Routine has changed a bit

AM
    Alpha H Balancing Cleanser or Elemis Tri Enzyme
    Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (it can be used in the AM)
    Decleor Hydra Floral or Gatineau Aquamemory Moisturiser

PM
    Neal's Yard Rose Balm or Clinique Take the Day Off or Elemis Cleansing Balm followed by Alpha H Balancing Cleanser
    Perrricone MD Blue Plasma (exfoliant)
    Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair or Perricone MD Concentrated Night Treatment
    Elemis Oxygenating Night Cream or Decleor Balm Essential