Sweendog94Sweendog94 Posts: 248
Forum Member
would you buy it?

Comments

• Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What sort of video game are you thinking about - which soaps, genres of game etc.
  • Options
    Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    To be honest I can think of many reasons why a Soap based game would not work, and very few ways one could work.

Firstly, soaps are mostly dialog heavy, lacking in any visually exiting set pieces and are usually set in one location, like a street or village, this would be rather boring.

The other main problem is, due to the high turn around of storylines and cast, it would be near impossible to have the game tie in with what is going on on screen at time of release, let alone for any substantial time afterwards. This would limit the timeframe for the game being considered current and therefor sales would be very low, even a week or two after release.

on the plus side , for the joy of being submerged more into the world of your favorite characters, it could be appealing to some.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would basically be the Sims. :D
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha, it would be brilliant.

If they did it like GTA 5 where you can switch characters, it might just work.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP you should play the sims thats kinda of like a soap video game;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I would be funny if it was a gta style game. I would be phil mitchell and walk around punching people then rob there cars. Then again phil would probably get tired just walking up the stairs
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called The Sims.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Level 1: Tina Mcintyre - Do 10 laps of walking around the street. Bonus points for bumping into Peter Barlow or scrounging off Rita.

Level 2: People Tetris - Move as many people into Pat Butchers house as you can.

Level 3: Beat aging bully Phil Mitchell. (Tip: It's impossible.)

Level 4: WWE Slapdown - Ben Mitchell vs. Jordan.

Level 5: Michelle Connor / Liz Mcdonald co-op mode - Berate and degrade Steve in as many scenes as you can.

Level 6: Simone Barlow - Play dress-up in all your favourite wardrobe items.

Level 7: Professor Joey - You have 30 seconds to win a debate with Stephen Hawking. Use all of your enunciation, charisma and elocution to win.

Level 8: Abi Branning - Get the door.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A First Person Shooter around Albert Square would be great :D

The last level would have you fighting Zombie Heather with limited ammo .

Set in McKlunkies ;)
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, so something like Grand Theft Auto: Weatherfield? Should customize your own resident and get to pick what role you want. I would play a serial killer and compile a hit list of some of the residents I really despise. Whilst Rita is goading Norris I would send thugs to sort her out, then kill off Emily, Michelle, Faye, Anna, etc. The great part is I could reset it so I could repeat it over and over again.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a soap as such but Desperate Housewives had a computer game to tie in with the show.
  • Options
    Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Mario style eastenders where Bianca has to collect chicken nuggets instead of coins :)
  • Options
    randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there has been this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofyvgN0Slk
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Level 1: Tina Mcintyre - Do 10 laps of walking around the street. Bonus points for bumping into Peter Barlow or scrounging off Rita.

Level 2: People Tetris - Move as many people into Pat Butchers house as you can.

Level 3: Beat aging bully Phil Mitchell. (Tip: It's impossible.)

Level 4: WWE Slapdown - Ben Mitchell vs. Jordan.

Level 5: Michelle Connor / Liz Mcdonald co-op mode - Berate and degrade Steve in as many scenes as you can.

Level 6: Simone Barlow - Play dress-up in all your favourite wardrobe items.

Level 7: Professor Joey - You have 30 seconds to win a debate with Stephen Hawking. Use all of your enunciation, charisma and elocution to win.

Level 8: Abi Branning - Get the door.

This is great by the way:D

Level 9: Ronseal Tina - Help paint Tina to the required shade before a shift at t'Rovers (tip: the darker the better, anything less requires in a 'game over')

Level 10: Rampage Becky (Bonus Level) - In just 40 seconds, attempt to destroy as much as the street as possible with a sledgehammer (bonus points for breaking down the Barlow's door and decapitating TraceyLuv)

Level 11: Simpering Fiz - In a dialogue heavy scene with Hayley, guide Fiz through the appropriate simpering and baby-voice.
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And this classic EastEnders tie-in - regarded as one of the worst games ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68RxUXJKtKY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klj9TSiL-tI (voiceover contains swearing)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    It wasn't really a video game but after Tom King's murder on Emmerdale there was an online game that tied in with the investigation. I think if you'd completed all of the activities/levels you got to find out the identity of the killer about half an hour before it was aired!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I remember there also being an online Emmerdale game about 10 years ago involving teen characters and a blackmail plot.
    I would be funny if it was a gta style game. I would be phil mitchell

I once dreamt about such a game!