Options

News Channels 2014

Asian ChannelAsian Channel Posts: 884
Forum Member
✭✭
This thread is for what the first new channel of 2014 will be I think the first channel to launch in 2014 will be lifetime hd

Comments

• Options
    Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Sky News HD! Just because this thread says News Channels 2014! :p
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be DisneyHD.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go with 5Later. It's a brand new channel thus more likely to come as it isn't tied up in a Sky deal.
  • Options
    Sirius CSirius C Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really we are going down the Meeja Boy route?

Surely a thread could be started as and when channels launch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sirius C wrote: »

Not really, this is the same as the other thread, just a new one to start 2014 fresh. Nothing wrong with rumours. If you don't like it don't read it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sirius C wrote: »

It's called a duscussion thread ,your meeja comments are both pathetic and childish grow up will you, you're boring now and there is no need for it all the time. Media boy probably doesn't even read these forums and you are simply just making yourself look stupid.
  • Options
    pepstarpepstar Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    It's called a duscussion thread ,your meeja comments are both pathetic and childish grow up will you, you're boring now and there is no need for it all the time. Media boy probably doesn't even read these forums and you are simply just making yourself look stupid.

Here here, he keeps on ruining perfectly good topics because he is hung up on a forum member of another website! :confused:
  • Options
    brendagoatsbrendagoats Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    News Channels in 2014.
    I Hope they add RT HD, and all those CNN ones were were teased with earlier this year.
    Why not have the major news channel from each major country, like Germany, Spain, Italy etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News Channels in 2014.
    I Hope they add RT HD, and all those CNN ones were were teased with earlier this year.
    Why not have the major news channel from each major country, like Germany, Spain, Italy etc

The CNN tease came from a rumour poster who is consistently incorrect. I don't think we will see them soon, or if we do, they won't be "exclusive" as he said.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recently got the Sky Sports pack, any plans for 3 and 4 HD?
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wont happen but could we not get rid of the dross channels, and there are plenty of them. Quality rather quantity

TLC,Pick,Really, Ginx, Travel, to name but a few
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    It wont happen but could we not get rid of the dross channels, and there are plenty of them. Quality rather quantity

If you think they are dross then wait till you see the amount of actual dross on the Sky EPG.
  • Options
    weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member

If they take Really off VM, I know who to blame.

I LOVE Covert Affairs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

GINX is actually quite popular on VM and they are set to expand next year to Freeview and freesat.
    Just because you don't like a channel doesn't mean it should go. I can't stand Sky news but i don't think it should be removed as i'm sure many people enjoy watching it.
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    GINX is actually quite popular on VM and they are set to expand next year to Freeview and freesat.
    Just because you don't like a channel doesn't mean it should go. I can't stand Sky news but i don't think it should be removed as i'm sure many people enjoy watching it.

I agree.

Thing is compare Vm to sky's lineup. Now there is alot more dross on there.

I like Ginx, its quite a good channel.

What would be awesome is if Twitch actually launched a channel. watching live starcraft, counterstrike etc is actually good viewing. (or even an app?)

I think VM has quality, just needs the last few bits
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.

Thing is compare Vm to sky's lineup. Now there is alot more dross on there.

I like Ginx, its quite a good channel.

What would be awesome is if Twitch actually launched a channel. watching live starcraft, counterstrike etc is actually good viewing. (or even an app?)

I think VM has quality, just needs the last few bits

BIB i think that will happen with more and more people live streaming from their xboxones and ps4s i think a app on Tivo will appear soon.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry folks looks like i mistakenly hijacked this topic. I thought it was New channels for 2014. With my glasses on I can now see its for NEWS channels. Sorry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry folks looks like i mistakenly hijacked this topic. I thought it was New channels for 2014. With my glasses on I can now see its for NEWS channels. Sorry

but even the OP didn't talk about NEWS channels, so clearly a spelling mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me please if I should have Sky Sports 3 and 4 on HD becasue only 1 and 2 are.
  • Options
    Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me please if I should have Sky Sports 3 and 4 on HD becasue only 1 and 2 are.

They are unavailable on Virgin Media as they have been withheld by Sky to retain their exclusivity for their customers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    They are unavailable on Virgin Media as they have been withheld by Sky to retain their exclusivity for their customers.

Aha ok thanks as long as they didn't screw up and I was missing out :)